It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
Nas wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Not this year. His line is average at worst.

Only Lamar and Russ hold the ball longer before throwing. He doesn’t anticipate, he sees guys open and throws. Same thing Cutty did.

He's been under more duress from the snap thus game than you'd see from Brady or Brees or even Mahomes.

You have to be trolling. He's had a good 5 seconds to pass on nearly every dropback today. Brady and Brees could process quickly; Fields can't. His biggest supporters generally concede that.

They took 3 step drops and he takes 5-7 step drops. And guys with his scrambling ability have always been taught to hold the ball longer. That's hardly just a Justin Fields thing.

His pockets has collapsed more in 2 years than Brady and Brees did in 20.

Are you running it back?

I'm very clear eyed on Fields' limitations, but if you can get Marvin Harrison, Jr., an edge rusher and a center, (without looking closely) it seems like we are healthy enough cap-wise to absorb his cap it without crippling the organization. More than happy to be punched in the face for this take. I'm about to do it myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

I'm very clear eyed on Fields' limitations, but if you can get Marvin Harrison, Jr., an edge rusher and a center, (without looking closely) it seems like we are healthy enough cap-wise to absorb his cap it without crippling the organization. More than happy to be punched in the face for this take. I'm about to do it myself.
It's not really about the cap hit as much as it is - how good do you think Fields is or will be? If he's top 12-15 and the rest of the team is star filled, then that may be good enough. If he's below that, then their peak is probably an above average team that usually makes the play-offs but never makes a SB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I like the announcers doing the pump and dump for poles

Are you running it back?

I can see the argument for it. Trade down slightly to 2-3 for 3 first round picks. Draft Harrison. Continue with two first rounders three years in row, which gives you a chance to kick the fan down the road while fields is still cheap

As for me, I think I’d move him if I can get a 25 one and a 24 two

Freudian Slip?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

It's not really about the cap hit as much as it is: how good do you think Fields is or will be? If he's top 12-15 and the rest of the team is star filled, then that may be good enough. If he's below that, then their peak is probably an above average team that usually makes the play-offs but never makes a SB.

He's still around the 20th to 25th ranked quarterback. I would move on from him, but I'll trust Poles. He's been right more than he's been wrong.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

It's not really about the cap hit as much as it is - how good do you think Fields is or will be? If he's top 12-15 and the rest of the team is star filled, then that may be good enough. If he's below that, then their peak is probably an above average team that usually makes the play-offs but never makes a SB.

I believe Brick would disagree with you (HOF/rookie contract or bust), but I think he can be top 15-ish. If everything else falls into place, maybe that can work? I probably just have rebuild fatigue.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

I believe Brick would disagree with you (HOF/rookie contract or bust), but I think he can be top 15-ish. If everything else falls into place, maybe that can work? I probably just have rebuild fatigue.

I think the rebuild is essentially over. That's with or without Fields.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:03 pm 

Nas wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

If you can somehow finagle a first for Fields, I'd take it. If you draft a new QB, it's kinda sorta rebuilding? Especially if you're cleaning house with the coaching staff? I don't follow college football closely, but from reading posts here (which pretty much makes me an expert), Williams does not seem like a leader of men, so that leaves Mayes. I don't know, just seems like using that hgh draft pick on a non-QB might be the best move. If the Bears leave lose next week, I will obviously disavow all of these posts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
As long as the Bears continue to play a last place schedule full of Commanders and Panthers and Falcons and Vikings teams starting 5th string QB's who complete more passes to the defense than their own team and a .500 on the road with a QB who is 0-∞ on grass division rival and other disaster teams, Fields will find W's.

Last edited by Hussra on Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
All of this only matters if the Bears believe someone in this draft is capable of winning a Super Bowl. Fields is still really cheap for next year and not too expensive if they pick up his option.

At this point the defense is close to Super Bowl caliber, and they have enough cap space and draft capital to improve the offense significantly.

I am in shock at how much better this team looks. I would trade Fields, but my caveat is the first sentence of this post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:16 pm 

If Fields were even a league average QB, Bears already make the playoffs with this weak-sauce schedule they played this season.

Good news for the Bear is that after they book-end the season with losses to Green Bay next week, they'll finish in last place in the division again and again have a last place schedule next season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hussra wrote:
If Fields were even a league average QB, Bears already make the playoffs with this weak-sauce schedule they played this season.

Good news for the Bear is that after they book-end the season with losses to Green Bay next week, they'll finish in last place in the division again and again have a last place schedule next season.

Agreed. I do not believe Fields is the guy. But I would rather have MHJ (closest to a sure thing) than a QB like Caleb if there are lots of questions about him- height, attitude,etc.

If the scouts are confident about one of the QB’s in the draft, then go for it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Nas wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Nas wrote:
Are you running it back?

If the rebuild is over then there is no way you can look to go into next season with a rookie as your starter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:29 pm 

It definitely feels like things are trending in the direction of bringing everyone back.

Don't like that.

But if they do that, they better come out of the draft with Harrison Jr.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
It definitely feels like things are trending in the direction of bringing everyone back.

Don't like that.

I would be cautiously optimistic. Look at the quarterbacks they've beaten. Hell, look at some of the quarterbacks they've lost to. Lots of suckage. You can't count on being this lucky every year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
The question is whether they can win because of or in spite of Fields. Even his defenders argue that he needs ideal surroundings to be a winning QB.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Odd that Atlanta played man on Moore so much, they obviously did not fear Fields as a passer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Don't like that.

I would be cautiously optimistic. Look at the quarterbacks they've beaten. Hell, look at some of the quarterbacks they've lost to. Lots of suckage. You can't count on being this lucky every year.

Theyve played the statistically easiest schedule in the league this year .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Clawmaster wrote:
Odd that Atlanta played man on Moore so much, they obviously did not fear Fields as a passer.

Any D coord that goes against the Bears and doesn’t double Moore , spy Fields every play is an idiot .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Don't like that.

Theyve played the statistically easiest schedule in the league this year .

It's why I would fire everyone and draft a quarterback. At minimum, Eberflus cost the Bears 3 wins.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nevermind. Packers vikings needs to be a tie or else bears are eliminated

Last edited by billypootons on Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Easy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Agreed. I do not believe Fields is the guy. But I would rather have MHJ (closest to a sure thing) than a QB like Caleb if there are lots of questions about him- height, attitude,etc.

Absofuckinglutely.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
The season proved to be a good one for the Bears all around. They suffered alot with bad injuries and clubhouse trouble with their coaching staff and players. But credit to Eberflus for straightening the defense out and turning it into one of the best in football/

I predicted about a .500 team and was please with how they finished. And locking up the number one pick will be huge for next season's play-off hunt.

They need to trade the number one pick and go with a top notch receiver and a TE/R as well as top corner or safety and a offensive tackle with their first four picks.

I still would love harbaugh as the coach but would settle for keeping Eberflus if they replaced Getzy.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:10 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Nevermind. Packers vikings needs to be a tie or else bears are eliminated

I thought Bears were out with Rams’ win?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:16 pm 

Bears still <1% chance of playoffs/Super Bowl on the New York Times (which I think is 538 now? Or is 538 now with ESPN or indy) playoff simulator prediction thingamajig:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cture.html

teams completely eliminated have 0's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:21 pm 

NFL on Fox may have led me astray:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:38 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Absofuckinglutely.

Caleb Williams gives me Baker Mayfield II vibes. Mayfield's renaissance season hitting a speed bump today against the Saints. Although I think if the Bucs beat Panthers next weekend they take the putrid NFC South and get the 4 seed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Eliminated. Now the only question is whether they finish last again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Hussra wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Absofuckinglutely.

Caleb Williams gives me Baker Mayfield II vibes. Mayfield's renaissance season hitting a speed bump today against the Saints. Although I think if the Bucs beat Panthers next weekend they take the putrid NFC South and get the 4 seed.

I love it when you anal-yze DJ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next