It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Greg Jennings thinks the 49ers need a difference maker like Justin Fields at qb, not a guy who was at or near the top in just about every passing category and since he played in the NFL his opinion is probably correct !!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
badrogue17 wrote:
Greg Jennings thinks the 49ers need a difference maker like Justin Fields at qb, not a guy who was at or near the top in just about every passing category and since he played in the NFL his opinion is probably correct !!

It's the Cutler, Trubustky thing all over again, nobody gives a fuck about your arm strength, athleticism if you can't make quick and correct reads with great pocket awareness...the shit that can't be coached..ya either have it or you don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:21 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
W_Z wrote:
brick is sometimes a genius. the (Pro Bowl QB) thing is pretty great.

Took 87 guys to pass on the game in order for him to get there didn't it? Or am I remembering wrong?

that's why it's funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

It's the Cutler, Trubustky thing all over again, nobody gives a fuck about your arm strength, athleticism if you can't make quick and correct reads with great pocket awareness...the shit that can't be coached..ya either have it or you don't.

Exchanging the #1 ranked passer for the 23rd ranked passer is always the smart move. That's a future GM right there - F analytics, just go with your gut and with what Keyshawn said. The grass is a bit softer in SF too that works out great for when Fields is sacked.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:33 am 

W_Z wrote:
brick is sometimes a genius. the (Pro Bowl QB) thing is pretty great.

Took 87 guys to pass on the game in order for him to get there didn't it? Or am I remembering wrong?

When you have one pro bowl QB season since 1963 you have to put respect on our (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Hey 312, I think the kid has it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:17 pm 

312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The numbers certainly suggest he has it.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:23 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

The numbers certainly suggest he has it.

Maybe Mike North, Or The QB "Whisperer" JT O'Sullivan knows.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Sammy's
I don’t see a lot of great in what Williams does. I see a lot of extremely athletic playmakers praying on lesser competition, Williams get them the ball, they do the rest. In the NFL plays like that will get shut down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:35 am 

crayphish wrote:
I don’t see a lot of great in what Williams does. I see a lot of extremely athletic playmakers praying on lesser competition, Williams get them the ball, they do the rest. In the NFL plays like that will get shut down.

you didn't see that this year as USC was relatively devoid of next level talent and the PAC 12 was stacked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
crayphish wrote:

This year’s SC team had very little NFL talent.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:56 am 

crayphish wrote:

This is the type of analysis I'm looking for. None of the score inspired "throw da bums drivel" that you usually get around here. If you're a "guru" then should be able to state "definitively", as Keyshawn Johnson did, whether you think this kid is going to be either great or terrible and stand on it. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
crayphish wrote:

His receivers were pretty bad, relatively speaking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Sammy's
And I’m sure the DBs at Arizona state and Stanford were straight trash.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:14 am 

crayphish wrote:

This is the type of analysis I'm looking for. None of the score inspired "throw da bums drivel" that you usually get around here. If you're a "guru" then should be able to state "definitively", as Keyshawn Johnson did, whether you think this kid is going to be either great or terrible and stand on it. Thanks
This is what Keyshawn said about Williams:
Quote:
I like the fascination about Caleb Williams. He’s great, Heisman trophy [winner] at USC, but no, they should not [draft him]”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:22 am 

crayphish wrote:

Right there on page 1.

You just don't like the answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am 

crayphish wrote:
And I’m sure the DBs at Arizona state and Stanford were straight trash.

He hung 56 on Stanford and 28 on ASU

Pennix and Nix were also throwing at those DB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:31 am 

completion percentage is one indicator that seems to have a correlation to nfl success. He was better every year and topped out at 69 (nice) this year and 67 in his heisman year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
crayphish wrote:

If you want to question prospects based on their surrounding talent at WR, Daniels threw to a top 5 pick and another high pick (along with two other high ones next year, Pennix had the same. Williams probably had the worst skill position talent surrounding him out of any of the highly considered candidates. His OL was bad as well.

I wouldn't use that as much of a determining factor but it has some relevance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:27 am 

Brick wrote:
crayphish wrote:

This is what Keyshawn said about Williams:
Quote:
I like the fascination about Caleb Williams. He’s great, Heisman trophy [winner] at USC, but no, they should not [draft him]”

He said a lot more than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am 

good dolphin wrote:
crayphish wrote:

Right there on page 1.

Some. Not all. And there are quite a few guys rolling with me on Fields. Though I'm not one to boast. The "just move on from Fields" and all will be great is the silly type of bullshit that I just to hear on the Score all of the time from hosts and some guests. Not the better ones though. That makes no sense and is just stupid and lazy "analysis" to be honest. Or "it really isn't about Caleb Williams and Justin Fields, when it is clearly about Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
crayphish wrote:

If you want to question prospects based on their surrounding talent at WR, Daniels threw to a top 5 pick and another high pick (along with two other high ones next year, Pennix had the same. Williams probably had the worst skill position talent surrounding him out of any of the highly considered candidates. His OL was bad as well.

I wouldn't use that as much of a determining factor but it has some relevance

I've watched three of his games that JT O Sullivan did the all-22 on. I'm not sold on the kid but he is. Definitely can make things happen in chaos, clearly not a great OL or great WR on that team. The thing that tips it in his favor is the opportunity to reset the money. Shame they would miss out on MHJ though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:32 am 

I'm providing you an exact quote of Keyshawn Johnson saying "He's great".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:35 am 

LTG, You really don't have a point here and seem butthurt that people differ with you on Fields. The Score guys have mostly shifted to liking Fields but can see moving on from him for salary cap reasons, since they don't want to extend him for top dollar. The fans you seem to let influence your opinion are pro Fields to the death. They have no reasoning or data to support their position though, just a bunch of 15-21 year olds with Twitter accounts. I'm surprised your parents let you create an account here, shouldn't you be in school?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:42 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
LTG, You really don't have a point here and seem butthurt that people differ with you on Fields. The Score guys have mostly shifted to liking Fields but can see moving on from him for salary cap reasons, since they don't want to extend him for top dollar. The fans you seem to let influence your opinion are pro Fields to the death. They have no reasoning or data to support their position though, just a bunch of 15-21 year olds with Twitter accounts. I'm surprised your parents let you create an account here, shouldn't you be in school?

Aren't you the dude that was "butthurt" That NFL EXPERT Keyshawn Johnson disagreed with you though? I mean you've only referenced the dude 200 times in the last 48 hrs or so? And i'm good with people disagreeing with me. And if you were so sure that Williams is "THE GUY", then you wouldn't be scared as shit to just simply state it as opposed to proclaiming that "WE MUST MOVE ON FROM FIELDS" No matter what. It isn't Fields "against the Field". It's Fields against Caleb Williams. You should be able to state (As Keyshawn Johnson did) whether you think Williams is better or not. You just want to tell me that you think Fields is a bum. You've beat that horse to death by now. You're what? 2-3 years in on that? Just Asking Questions

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
badrogue17 wrote:

Fields was definitely a difference maker in many 4th quarters!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
PM for details on this

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:04 am 

good dolphin wrote:
crayphish wrote:

Right there on page 1.

Some. Not all. And there are quite a few guys rolling with me on Fields. Though I'm not one to boast. The "just move on from Fields" and all will be great is the silly type of bullshit that I just to hear on the Score all of the time from hosts and some guests. Not the better ones though. That makes no sense and is just stupid and lazy "analysis" to be honest. Or "it really isn't about Caleb Williams and Justin Fields, when it is clearly about Justin Fields.

of course there are people who would stay with Fields. That's why there are pages of discussion. I don't know what there is to boast about. I'd say 50% of the people agree with you. This isn't some us against the world situation

I don't think Fields is a bum. Part of the value of moving on from him is that he will fetch a nice return. I have said many times, I think he is worth a first round pick. If he had no value, they'd keep him even if they drafted Williams.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
crayphish wrote:

Right there on page 1.

of course there are people who would stay with Fields. That's why there are pages of discussion. I don't know what there is to boast about. I'd say 50% of the people agree with you. This isn't some us against the world situation

That's why I'm wondering why people are aghast that people want to keep the guy. Hell 80% of Chicago agrees with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:11 am 

As a Packers fan, I fully support the 80%.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next