It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
He should get more because Pickett sucks and has no potential. Hopefully some team chooses to give the Bears more.

Which means that "Philly" didn't actually "choose" Pickett over Fields doesn't it?

No, it means they chose a lower value guy because they didn’t think Fields was worth the price tag.

That’s the choice they made.

No because for the very same price they would have 'chosen' Fields. Which means Brick’s and your point was invalid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
He should get more because Pickett sucks and has no potential. Hopefully some team chooses to give the Bears more.

Which means that "Philly" didn't actually "choose" Pickett over Fields doesn't it?

No, it means they chose a lower value guy because they didn’t think Fields was worth the price tag.

No because for the very same price they would have 'chosen' Fields. Which means Brick’s and your point was invalid.

Wut?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222

They chose to buy a product that they believed was priced right. They chose not to buy the product that they believed had an inflated price tag.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
If the Bears, Bulls, Sox, and Cubs had the best players at every position and the best managers/coaches, they would win championships nearly every year. There is no doubt in my mind about this.

It's difficult to take "Groupthink" seriously when you have guys as part of your "membership" who provide thoughts such as this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bagent has less than 150 yards passing, but he passss the eye test. He has been calm and collected for the most part and made smart decisions. This looks like an offense right now.

And to think they have the audacity and unmitigated gall to trip on a guy with the pedigree of a Keyshawn Johnson in order to support this dude. SMH

Should I ignore all of your future takes because of the way you are dug in on Fields and Patrick Williams? Should I ignore all of your future takes because you were wrong about something in the past?

Outside of the money, life for a quarterback drafted early in the draft isn't fair. They often go to shit teams that have shit players and coaches. The great ones rise above their circumstances and elevate those around them. Few get the opportunity Mahomes was afforded. You only get one shot; do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Patrick Williams is actually a perfect example of "groupthink" and its flawed logic. Patrick Williams still has trade value and is a starting caliber player even if he never becomes Kawhi Leonard. You'd never know this if all you did was subscribe to the "thoughts" of Groupthink however.

Tyson Bagent is a,bum that was incessantly hyped by Groupthink because they hated Justin Fields.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:11 am 

Wut?

"WUT'S" not to understand? For the exact same Asking price Philly would have "chosen" Justin Fields over Pickett.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
If the Bears, Bulls, Sox, and Cubs had the best players at every position and the best managers/coaches, they would win championships nearly every year. There is no doubt in my mind about this.

It's difficult to take "Groupthink" seriously when you have guys as part of your "membership" who provide thoughts such as this.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Bagent has less than 150 yards passing, but he passss the eye test. He has been calm and collected for the most part and made smart decisions. This looks like an offense right now.

And to think they have the audacity and unmitigated gall to trip on a guy with the pedigree of a Keyshawn Johnson in order to support this dude. SMH

Should I ignore all of your future takes because of the way you are dug in on Fields and Patrick Williams? Should I ignore all of your future takes because you were wrong about something in the past?

Outside of the money, life for a quarterback drafted early in the draft isn't fair. They often go to shit teams that have shit players and coaches. The great ones rise above their circumstances and elevate those around them. Few get the opportunity Mahomes was afforded. You only get one shot; do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Patrick Williams is actually a perfect example of "groupthink" and its flawed logic. Patrick Williams still has trade value and is a starting caliber player even if he never becomes Kawhi Leonard. You'd never this if all you'd did was subscribe to the "thoughts" of Groupthink however.

Tyson Bagent is a,bum that was incessantly hyped hyped by Groupthink because they hated Justin Fields.

Having trade value and being Kawhi is a little different.

Shitting on an undrafted DIII player, who played 4 games, doesn't make Justin Fields a franchise quarterback.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:20 am 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Patrick Williams is actually a perfect example of "groupthink" and its flawed logic. Patrick Williams still has trade value and is a starting caliber player even if he never becomes Kawhi Leonard. You'd never this if all you'd did was subscribe to the "thoughts" of Groupthink however.

Tyson Bagent is a,bum that was incessantly hyped hyped by Groupthink because they hated Justin Fields.

Shitting on an undrafted DIII player, who played 4 games, doesn't make Justin Fields a franchise quarterback.

Touting the undrafted QB as a starter and claiming that he passes the "eyetest" when he clearly does not is delusional however.

And if we were to "keep score" as to who has more "hits" than "misses" when it comes to Bulls vs Bears takes its not even close. Your over the top Bears love/meatball takes are the stuff of legend here. And I haven't even factored you in on the Bagent stuff. Yet!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Touting the undrafted QB as a starter and claiming that he passes the "eyetest" when he clearly does not is delusional however.

And if we were to "keep score" as to who has more "hits" than "misses" when it comes to Bulls vs Bears takes its not even close. Your over the top Bears love/meatball takes are the stuff of legend here. And I haven't even factored you in on the Bagent stuff. Yet!

If I were betting on which quarterback would get significantly better, I would put all of my money on Tyson Bagent. Fields has only improved at the margins after a decade of elite facilities and coaching.

Again, this still doesn't elevate your thoughts. I mostly retired the bit a few years ago when it came to evaluating the Bears. I'll put my analysis since that time up against anything you've ever posted.

Continually tearing down Caleb Williams or Tyson Bagent doesn't make Fields great. Continually highlighting something that you believe someone got wrong in the past doesn't make your current views accurate. It just makes you look desperate.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 am 

Nas wrote:
If I were betting on which quarterback would get significantly better, I would put all of my money on Tyson Bagent. Fields has only improved at the margins after a decade of elite facilities and coaching.

Again, this still doesn't elevate your thoughts. I mostly retired the bit a few years ago when it came to evaluating the Bears. I'll put my analysis since that time up against anything you've ever posted.

Continually tearing down Caleb Williams or Tyson Bagent doesn't make Fields great. Continually highlighting something that you believe someone got wrong in the past doesn't make your current views accurate. It just makes you look desperate.

But constantly "tearing" down Justin Fields and proclaiming those that like him to be "Cult members" is indicative of your somehow being "objective"?

Seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

And even the Patrick Williams/Bagent stuff is way off. Patrick Williams clearly has big time talent. Bagent has very little talent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:53 am 

Simple question and actually relevant to your original point. If Justin Fields is traded will the Bears receive a greater or lesser haul than Pittsburgh received for Pickett?
I guess we will wait and see. At this point, I'm not sure the haul would have been all that much better. Fields seems to be easy to get right now for a third round pick and no one wants him.

Make it even easier. When Fields is traded, what round pick will he go for?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Very telling that when this cultist has to hype up Bustin Fields he uses an undrafted rookie free agent as an example of Fields' superiority. Why isn't he comparing Fields to peers with similar pedigrees, such as Love, Stroud, Minshew, Burrow, Mayfield, Goff, Cousins, Hurts, etc? We all know the answer. By comparing Fields to an undrafted division II QB, LTG just unwittingly made the best case that Fields is a below average QB at best and a definite bust.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:01 am 

I also appreciate how LTG cited Graziano from ESPN, the same guy who told us what all non-cult members know to be true, and have known for some time:

Quote:
Right now, the message the Bears are getting back from teams is that they don't consider Fields more of a sure thing than other potential one-year options such as Sam Darnold or Drew Lock, who wouldn't come with the fifth-year option decision that Fields' eventual team will have to make by early May," Graziano reported Sunday.

Yep.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

But constantly "tearing" down Justin Fields and proclaiming those that like him to be "Cult members" is indicative of your somehow being "objective"?

Seems like you're trying to have it both ways.

And even the Patrick Williams/Bagent stuff is way off. Patrick Williams clearly has big time talent. Bagent has very little talent.

Most people here have loved Fields for years. TM generally hates everything and he was initially a fan as well. I'm one of the few people here who wasn't on the Fields train and I got my teeth kicked in regularly for it. I'm also probably one of the only ones who spent money on his jersey. I saw the physical gifts. I wanted to be wrong about him. I hoped that I was, but I have eyes. I don't hate the kid. There's nothing personal in my analysis of him. I don't wish he fails with a new team. Obviously, I want C-Will/the Bears quarterback to be significantly better. If the Bears did what you believe/hope they'll do, I'll still wear his jersey and hope he wins Super Bowls.

I called the Fields followers a cult because you all have gone more than a few notches above player fandom. Being right about him is paramount. You all are willing to tear down the team and every player to achieve that goal.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

I'll add, everyone here wants Fields to be traded for the good dolphin return. That benefits the Bears. Settling for a 3rd-5th doesn't help the team as much.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:10 am 

No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:19 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Very telling that when this cultist has to hype up Bustin Fields he uses an undrafted rookie free agent as an example of Fields' superiority. Why isn't he comparing Fields to peers with similar pedigrees, such as Love, Stroud, Minshew, Burrow, Mayfield, Goff, Cousins, Hurts, etc? We all know the answer. By comparing Fields to an undrafted division II QB, LTG just unwittingly made the best case that Fields is a below average QB at best and a definite bust.

No sir, he told me Fields is Top 5 and that includes my guy Love, I can quote it if you would like.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Fields jerseys are 50% off at Dick's.They are now $65.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:37 am 

Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:40 am 

Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:44 am 

Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Wrong, he blows. CJ Stroud levels above him and he's younger and more inexperienced.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Vegan: Fields sucks. Fields sucks Bet he won't go for anything less than a 3rd round pick? Vegan: Crickets

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:46 am 

What he fetches in a trade is irrelevant. What is relevant is statistical performance. You don't want to engage in a convo about production because you know your whole world would come crashing down then.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:47 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Wrong, he blows. CJ Stroud levels above him and he's younger and more inexperienced.

Way to go out on a limb there pal :lol: :lol:.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

If you take out the playing quarterback part of the equation, Fields is clearly better than Mitch.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:52 pm 

Groupthink isn't going to like this one bit

https://youtu.be/mDEIcxxFu7o?si=OQ7lJuhV0h0a-4IJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:55 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

And in 1985 Steve Young also didn't "outplay" Jim McMahon either. Still didn't mean that he wasn't the "more talented" QB at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

And in 1985 Steve Young also didn't "outplay" Jim McMahon either. Still didn't mean that he wasn't the "more talented" QB at the time.

Do you think McMahon would have been as good with the same coach and talent? Not Zippy, but a lot of guys older than me believe McMahon was underrated.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:08 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

Who is Steve Young in your terrible analogy?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
Do you think McMahon would have been as good with the same coach and talent? Not Zippy, but a lot of guys older than me believe McMahon was underrated.

As good as Steve Young? No way. Steve Young was simply more talented. But it should be noted that he too was trashed and called a bum when he was with Tampa Bay. It wasn't until he played with a better coach and players that he flourished. Tampa Bay was the worst franchise in the league at the time. Just god awful.

As far as McMahon went he was done in mostly by the injuries as opposed to playing for Ditka. He was one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game but he couldn't stay healthy. He never had a gun for an arm but it was average to above average before all the injuries (particularly to his shoulder) occurred. He also was done in by a lack of elite talent at the WR position. Willie Gault was a track star masquerading as a,Football player and Silky D was below average to average at best. Neither was anywhere close to what you'd consider special.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
No one loved (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky this much and (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky outperformed Fields in his first three years and the Bears actually won.

Fields has more talent than (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That's why. Pretty low bar but the reason that Bears fans love Fields is because "WE" know that he is the most talented QB that "WE" have seen in a Bears uniform in our lifetimes.

Yet he didn't outplay (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and his team had a terrible record.

He was so fun to watch at BYU and loved pissing off the Mormons :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next