It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch sucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Puppy wrote:
You could pretty much predict that Rex would turn over the ball twice, especially if we were down in points. We were better off with a smart ball protector.

So Indy could stack 8 in the box? Orton wasn't a good enough qb and the receivers weren't good enough to get past that. They needed someone with an arm to keep the defense from bunching the line on Thomas Jones.

Orton in there is a repeat of the 2005 season, except they probably don't make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
You know what Orton had that Rex did not have?
The ability to stand over 5 ft 8 inches and actually see the field.

Despite having a decent arm, Rex was not tall enough nor durable to be an NFL quarterback. Orton could take a hit and he protected the football. I also would have taken Orton over Rex.

They don't make that Super Bowl with Orton playing the season.

Hogwash

Rex has 23 TD and 20 picks..all we needed was a game manager with that Defense and special teams handing the Offense unbelievable field position.. factor in fumbles( lil raccoon hands) he had more turnovers than TD..the guy sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:27 pm 

312player wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
You know what Orton had that Rex did not have?
The ability to stand over 5 ft 8 inches and actually see the field.

Despite having a decent arm, Rex was not tall enough nor durable to be an NFL quarterback. Orton could take a hit and he protected the football. I also would have taken Orton over Rex.

They don't make that Super Bowl with Orton playing the season.

Hogwash

Rex has 23 TD and 20 picks..all we needed was a game manager with that Defense and special teams handing the Offense unbelievable field position.. factor in fumbles( lil raccoon hands) he had more turnovers than TD..the guy sucked.

I'm not disputing Rex sucked. The idea that Orton was a better option is hilarious, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's or Vita Bella or Giordano's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
So Indy could stack 8 in the box? Orton wasn't a good enough qb and the receivers weren't good enough to get past that. They needed someone with an arm to keep the defense from bunching the line on Thomas Jones.

Orton in there is a repeat of the 2005 season, except they probably don't make the playoffs.

You don't remember Orton playing a huge role in the Bears making a superbowl run? Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Mitch sucks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:41 pm 

I agree with Patrick Mannelly that you want a QB with fight in him, not to be benched. Instead, Mitch looked like he was going to cry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:48 pm 

Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You don't remember Orton playing a huge role in the Bears making a superbowl run? Wow.

Which of his starts was your favorite?

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:55 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Interesting question. Does it really matter? Which of Rex's starts were your favorite that season? Does it really matter? He was coming off an injury and rusty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 pm 

Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Interesting question. Does it really matter? Which of Rex's starts were your favorite that season? Does it really matter? He was coming off an injury and rusty.

You don't actually remember what season they went to the Super Bowl, do you?

Do you realize Orton started 0 games that year?

Do you realize he was #3 on the depth chart behind Brian Griese?

Do you live in South Dakota?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You don't actually remember what season they went to the Super Bowl, do you?

Do you realize Orton started 0 games that year?

Do you realize he was #3 on the depth chart behind Brian Griese?

Yes, I live by you in South Dakota.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:09 pm 

Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Interesting. So you're admitting you're an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Interesting. So you're admitting you're an idiot.

I never said I wasn't an idiot. Die hard Bears fans tend to be idiots, because we want to believe that we're like other teams and don't have the ownership we have.

Okay, so, sjboyd, this back and forth has been fun. I appreciate you calling me out on my B. S. I love the sense of humor on this board. Yeah, I offered what I'm having to you once before. Are you sure you don't want some? Regardless, peace, okay?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:18 pm 

Time for a drink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Time for a drink

lol. Well played.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:37 pm 

Okay, so I have conflated the 2005 and 2006 seasons together for too many years to count. My friends have corrected me over and over on this. But, I keep making this same mistake over and over again. I guess I just have the Rex experiment blocked out of my mind. I actually had a lot of hope for Rex too. So, it must have been in my gut that I didn’t believe. Sorry, folks.

I thought Griese was a great backup. I’m a huge believer in having a decent backup to the most important position in all of sports. For the life of me, I don’t understand why the Bears don’t always make sure they have a decent backup. He was one of the few decent backups we’ve bothered to have. It typically happens after a huge media and fan outcry. But, going into the superbowl, I thought Rex or Griese was good for two turnovers, because that’s what they do in big games.

I distinctly remember wishing they would have gone with Orton. It was obviously wishful thinking. He was a natural born leader and smart ball protector. Even Kreutz spoke highly of Orton’s leadership. That says a ton. But, that’s not how the Bears roll.

Again, the biggest mistake was Rivera having Peanut and Nate switch sides of the field for the first time the whole season. Again, Manning was worse than normal in big games. Peanut and Nate each had interceptions in their hands, but their instincts were to turn the other way. This subtle difference was just enough that they both uncharacteristically dropped those interceptions. Those interceptions would have crushed Manning. We would have won that superbowl. I also think that this is why Lovie surprisingly let Rivera go.

Anyway, my bad again. Sheesh. I’m really showing my arse on my first day on this board. It’s so embarrassing. Thanks again, sjboyd, for calling me out on my B. S. Sheesh. Sorry, again, guys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:43 pm 

Puppy wrote:
Okay, so I have conflated the 2005 and 2006 seasons together for too many years to count. My friends have corrected me over and over on this. But, I keep making this same mistake over and over again. I guess I just have the Rex experiment blocked out of my mind. I actually had a lot of hope for Rex too. So, it must have been in my gut that I didn’t believe. Sorry, folks.

I thought Griese was a great backup. I’m a huge believer in having a decent backup to the most important position in all of sports. For the life of me, I don’t understand why the Bears don’t always make sure they have a decent backup. He was one of the few decent backups we’ve bothered to have. It typically happens after a huge media and fan outcry. But, going into the superbowl, I thought Rex or Griese was good for two turnovers, because that’s what they do in big games.

I distinctly remember wishing they would have gone with Orton. It was obviously wishful thinking. He was a natural born leader and smart ball protector. Even Kreutz spoke highly of Orton’s leadership. That says a ton. But, that’s not how the Bears roll.

Again, the biggest mistake was Rivera having Peanut and Nate switch sides of the field for the first time the whole season. Again, Manning was worse than normal in big games. Peanut and Nate each had interceptions in their hands, but their instincts were to turn the other way. This subtle difference was just enough that they both uncharacteristically dropped those interceptions. Those interceptions would have crushed Manning. We would have won that superbowl. I also think that this is why Lovie surprisingly let Rivera go.

Anyway, my bad again. Sheesh. I’m really showing my arse on my first day on this board. It’s so embarrassing. Thanks again, sjboyd, for calling me out on my B. S. Sheesh. Sorry, again, guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mitch to start on Sunday.

Yippie.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yippie.

Fast healer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I don't even think Mitch can look good in throw away games. Let him start and continue to look awful. Makes the decision for next year that much easier.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yippie.

Only a fucking idiot would rather see Daniel or Bray.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yippie.
Only a fucking idiot would rather see Daniel or Bray.
I know you are trying to take a shot at me, but this is just another big stupid fail from you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Chase Daniel should be the #2 and only enter a game due to injury.

Either Pace needs to see more from Mitch, which means he needs to play the rest of the season to determine the 5th year option or extension. NFL teams always hold their own draft picks and property in higher regard than the rest of the league. IMO, Mitch is not the guy and the Bears need to draft a QB (or two) in next year's draft but I'm not the guy making that decision.

The other option is that Pace has made his choice on Mitch so at that point you start Tyler Bray and see what you have. Maybe its something, maybe its shit but give him the final six games to show what he can.

Starting Daniel, or Kaep, or anybody else at this point does not help the Bears going forward. This season is done, so you start looking to 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:42 pm 

Relax, if I wanted to take a shot at you, I would tell you to go home and get your shinebox.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:41 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Puppy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Time for a drink

lol. Well played.

Damn, I just revisited Kyle Orton's career stats and saw he had 2 years in Denver where he passed for more yards than Mitch did last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Orton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
ended up going to the game yesterday. mitchell was not very good. he made three excellent passes two to ARob... the long gainer up the bears sideline and the really long gainer that ended up being called back due to whitehair penalty. and the braunecker drop..... otherwise he was generally very inaccurate. even on completions YAC was being sacrificed as the WR's had to slow or stop just to catch the inaccurate passes. the two picks were brutal... clearly did not see the safeties in either instance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
billypootons wrote:
ended up going to the game yesterday. mitchell was not very good. he made three excellent passes two to ARob... the long gainer up the bears sideline and the really long gainer that ended up being called back due to whitehair penalty. and the braunecker drop..... otherwise he was generally very inaccurate. even on completions YAC was being sacrificed as the WR's had to slow or stop just to catch the inaccurate passes. the two picks were brutal... clearly did not see the safeties in either instance.

Brad Biggs was pretty harsh on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in his "10 Thoughts" column today. He said even the TD pass was poorly thrown.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: What??
People still watch the Bears?

Why?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 am 

On that one big play, Robinson should have scored.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
billypootons wrote:

Brad Biggs was pretty harsh on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in his "10 Thoughts" column today. He said even the TD pass was poorly thrown.

Read the same article. What stood out was the anecdote where Biggs said an NFC scout or executive told him that the only QB he'd take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over was Allen from Carolina. Ouch...

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Kyle Allen is better than Mitch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next