It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch sucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 am 

billypootons wrote:
ended up going to the game yesterday. mitchell was not very good. he made three excellent passes two to ARob... the long gainer up the bears sideline and the really long gainer that ended up being called back due to whitehair penalty. and the braunecker drop..... otherwise he was generally very inaccurate. even on completions YAC was being sacrificed as the WR's had to slow or stop just to catch the inaccurate passes. the two picks were brutal... clearly did not see the safeties in either instance.

If those two plays stand, he would have thrown for 350+ yards.

I hate his inaccuracy but I really hate his vision. The first interception, there were two other receivers uncovered. One of them was about 10 yards in front of the player he threw to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nardi wrote:
People still watch the Bears?

Why?

Beautiful day to rake leaves while having a few beers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:

He also threw two balls that were popped into the air and could have been easily picked. (I think one of them would have been a pick six. Thankfully it wasn't and Mitch then proceeded to drive the length of the field.) His overall stats probably ended up where they should have been.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

This is what the Bears have done all year. They either miss opportunities, or when they do execute they shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty. Part of it is coaching and player development, part of it is playcalling, and part of it is flat out lack of execution. This the their identity. They are the 30th ranked offense for a reason.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He also threw two balls that were popped into the air and could have been easily picked. (I think one of them would have been a pick six. Thankfully it wasn't and Mitch then proceeded to drive the length of the field.) His overall stats probably ended up where they should have been.

One of those was ridiculous though. Braunecker just smacked the ball in the air. It was bizarre.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
We could have had George fucking Kittle, and Pace' takes Adam ShitSheen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

This is what the Bears have done all year. They either miss opportunities, or when they do execute they shoot themselves in the foot with a penalty. Part of it is coaching and player development, part of it is playcalling, and part of it is flat out lack of execution. This the their identity. They are the 30th ranked offense for a reason.

Exactly. Not always relevant but about 100% of the analysts/observers outside of Chicago think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is basically a bust. I know this because most of my reading/audio stuff is from people outside of Chicago since I'm not a local anymore. While I'm aware of "out of town stupid" it also helps to listen to analysis that's sourced from someone/institutions with no emotional investment in the team. Unless it's revealed that Nagy stuck a knife in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's throwing shoulder and ordered the team to cover it up Gladiator-style or something then I don't see any basis for hoping (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will change things like his accuracy or ability to read defenses. He even inadvertently admitted he sucks as a pocket passer yesterday during his post game comments when he said he's more used to/talented when reacting (i.e. not reading in advance) to defenses while on the move/no huddle, since he'd been doing that his whole life. What he fails to appreciate is that the NFL is only slightly more complicated than backyard or HS football where you can do that kind of shit and be good at it. You can't expect to go no huddle or just play backyard football for four quarters against NFL defenses. It was an embarassing admission as far as I'm concerned but it only confirmed what we all know anyway.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:53 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

neither of those plays is speculative. Robinson DID catch the ball for a 60 yard play, negated by a penalty that had no effect. Braunecker did have the ball hit him in the hands at the 5 yard line with no one around.

This isn't the Wannstedt kind of speculation about two plays changing the game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:55 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

neither of those plays is speculative. Robinson DID catch the ball for a 60 yard play, negated by a penalty that had no effect. Braunecker did have the ball hit him in the hands at the 5 yard line with no one around.

Wasn't the penalty on the 60 yard pass total bullshit? I thought I remembered them showing the replay and it was clear there was no hands to the face.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't think Mitch is the answer but I think we view him much more negatively than we do QB from other teams. Every single QB, from Rogers on down, has those bad passes that should have been picked every game.

I do agree that you average it all out and the stats are where they should be

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

Wasn't the penalty on the 60 yard pass total bullshit? I thought I remembered them showing the replay and it was clear there was no hands to the face.

I think the announcers had the wrong guy pegged...so it technically wasn't bullshit but really didn't impact the play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They did have the wrong guy, the replay weirdly showed both an offensive and a defensive illegal hands to the face.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If If If

But those two plays did change the game. The Braunecker catch would have been a big gain, and the Robinson TD would have broken the game open.

If the Bears aren't playing a 2-8 team at home with a rookie QB, they probably aren't good enough to win that game yesterday. This what the Bears offense is. This is what its been all season, for the most part. A sputtering mess that can't execute at crucial times, and one that kills itself with penalties at others,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
IF I never see that officiating crew again, it will be way too soon. This was clearly a crew who wanted to be the focus of the game, not the players. Football really is unwatchable. The illegal hands to the face call was total crap an the pick penalty was chicken shit also.

That is not to say that the Bear's play wasn't below average also. The Bear's receivers as a group is worthless. The offensive line is the weakest Bear's line of all time which is saying a LOT. Nagy on a third and less than a yard call was that of an idiot. He sucks as a play caller (SNEAK THE DAMNED BALL, IDIOT).

Anyone who blames (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for the problems of this team is very wrong. Mitch played well despite two interceptions. His running and escapability were good and he was on the money on the majority of his throws. :) :) :)

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
and he was on the money on the majority of his throws. :) :) :)

No.

Every objective metric out there says he's a terrible thrower and can't even throw effectively to half the side of the field. When you combine that with his inability to hit passes beyond 10-15 yards then you have a QB who can only hit dump off or intermediate throws to the center and right of the field with any sort of passable consistency. Please stop seeing things that aren't there.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
It was nice of Mitch to throw that terrible 4th quarter INT, just in case anyone though he was having an ok game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
and he was on the money on the majority of his throws. :) :) :)

No.

Every objective metric out there says he's a terrible thrower and can't even throw effectively to half the side of the field. When you combine that with his inability to hit passes beyond 10-15 yards then you have a QB who can only hit dump off or intermediate throws to the center and right of the field with any sort of passable consistency. Please stop seeing things that aren't there.

You are wrong. He made a number of very good passes in that game several of which were dropped. The Bears do not have a good set of receivers. It isn't even close to be good. Throw the tight end position into that cluster also and it is even worse.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:05 am 

It is going to end up being the right move to pick up his 5th year option.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Maybe he’s Brett Favre.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:13 am 

I'd like to raise a motion to re-open the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky vs Watson debate? Can I get second on this motion?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It is going to end up being the right move to pick up his 5th year option.

should really sign him long term while the opinion on him is still moderate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Anyone doing a wellness check on 312 player? Mitch’s improved performance has got to be painful for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 am 

Still among the bottom 8 in points scored and yards thrown (i care less about yards thrown but just mentioning it here). The offense, led by (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, is the sole reason why this team is on the outside looking in re: the playoffs. What exactly has changed here?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
What exactly has changed here?

Mitch

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Still among the bottom 8 in points scored and yards thrown (i care less about yards thrown but just mentioning it here). The offense, led by (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, is the sole reason why this team is on the outside looking in re: the playoffs. What exactly has changed here?

nothing. you're still a homo.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Mitch

Or is it the play-calling? I don't know as I've only watched two games this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:19 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Mitch

Or is it the play-calling? I don't know as I've only watched two games this year.

I think Mitch deserves most of the credit. He's playing with confidence and running more.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
FavreFan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Mitch

I think Mitch deserves most of the credit. He's playing with confidence and running more.

I had assumed he wanted to run along (don't all running QBs want to do that) but was told not to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The prior struggles were much more than Mitch.

Dropped passes,
Penalties,
No run game,
Play calling.

Mitch was bad, but to put it all on him is to ignore the other issues.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

They still ran a lot of Shotgun last night, which doesn't do any good for anybody.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next