It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
If a 36 year old has been ready to lead a football organization "for years", football must not be as complicated as they make it out to be.

No one can truly be ready for a job like that. He may know how to evaluate players, but it will take years for him to understand how to run an entire football operation.

This is very true. If we list out the areas of control, it's very broad. Yes...you hire competent leaders for these areas, but that's easier said than done.

Rick Smith, Dorsey, and Omar Khan were my leading candidates ever revisiting a few time for this very reason. All are seasoned at front office work.....over 36 years old, but not dinosaurs. Well connected guys that have been at the game for a while.

I like that Poles has survived 3 different GM's and has been at KC for a good number of years. Maybe he'll be successful, but it's hard to be overly optimistic. I'm handing my hat on the fact that he was not the worst candidates out there. Something tells me (despite his pedigree) Eliot Wolf is a disaster waiting to happen. A few other names were all like Poles in being very inexperienced and young.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:27 am 

I would have like to see another layer of executive above GM placed on the hierarchy chart with this housecleaning, but I guess that would have upset Teddy's sensibilities. I'm telling you, that guy is the lynchpin in all of these organizational problems. I think the Mc Caskeys would be happy being gentlemen farmers with an actual senior executive who knew football. Sweaty Teddy should have been assigned the move as his last achievement with the organization, which is incredibly important in terms of everyone's fortunes and complicated enough to take up the entirety of his time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
I would have like to see another layer of executive above GM placed on the hierarchy chart with this housecleaning, but I guess that would have upset Teddy's sensibilities. I'm telling you, that guy is the lynchpin in all of these organizational problems. I think the Mc Caskeys would be happy being gentlemen farmers with an actual senior executive who knew football. Sweaty Teddy should have been assigned the move as his last achievement with the organization, which is incredibly important in terms of everyone's fortunes and complicated enough to take up the entirety of his time.

That layer is Trace Armstrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
I'm telling you, that guy is the lynchpin in all of these organizational problems.
This is 100% accurate. It's been said by some for many years, but I'm finally on board. Nothing good will happen with the Bears until Ted Phillips is gone.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Eberflus is a Dungy hire.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:25 pm 

Nas wrote:
Eberflus is a Dungy hire.

I don't get the feeling he would have been Poles first choice without prodding.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:26 pm 

The clear Dungy/Polian hire would have been Caldwell.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

I think you are correct on this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

They couldn't sell his age. He very well may be the offensive coordinator or an assistant head coach.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Eberflus is likely connected to Poles through Balllard.

And he is connected to Dungy/Polian through Marinelli.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:19 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Eberflus is likely connected to Poles through Balllard.

And he is connected to Dungy/Polian through Marinelli.

No doubt he is connected to them through the Colts ties and such. But I do not get the sense that he is the guy Polian and Dungy would really push to be the head coach. That seems way more like Caldwell.

And they bring in Caldwell to be an assistant or whatever that would be fine. He might be a good one for Fields to grow under. He is known for being a pretty bright offensive guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caldwell as an assistant would be a great fit.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

I like this quote from Poles:

Adam Jahns wrote:
Eberflus and Poles researched each other and built their own connection. If Poles wanted to expand his coaching search, he could have. But he didn’t.

“You got to go back in terms of before I even came into this building,” Poles said. “You always are networking. You see what units play at a certain level and how they play their style. For me, it’s violence. I want to see violence and running to the ball and taking the ball away.

Poles is going to build this team by prioritizing the lines, and it sounds like he wants a bunch of angry, physical guys to populate the roster. This is a very different approach from our previous Tampa 2 regime (Lovie and Angelo), which prioritized speed to the exclusion of everything else, particularly football savviness. The quote above also provides a clearer statement about the type of player Poles values than anything I can recall hearing from Pace, who never articulated a clear vision for developing the Bears' identity.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

Smash mouth football is on the way back. Unfortunately, very few players on this roster fit the vision Poles has.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Violence and speed is right up my alley.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Smash mouth football is on the way back. Unfortunately, very few players on this roster fit the vision Poles has.

I think he is looking for a foundation of big, angry miscreants who will allow the fast, athletic guys at key positions to maximize their impact.

As you said, though, we don't have too many fierce, violent players on the roster right now. On the defensive line, only Hicks fits that profile. And on the offensive line, Jenkins and maybe Borom are the only guys who align with Poles' vision. It's hard to see them bringing Daniels back, especially if it's true that he could command a lot of money (Biggs suggested up to $10 million/year, though that seems outlandish) in free agency. Mustipher and Ifedi will definitely be gone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 am 

The Bengals offensive line sucks, The Rams offensive line is middle of the road. Aaron Rodger's played behind a 4th string oline this year. It all comes down to the Quarterback, is he great or not. I'm not saying Oline isn't important it is, but it's not as simple as building an elite Oline=automatic superbowl. If the QB still sucks, it was all for not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The Bengals offensive line sucks, The Rams offensive line is middle of the road. Aaron Rodger's played behind a 4th string oline this year. It all comes down to the Quarterback, is he great or not.

I don't want Fields running for his life on every passing play. Stafford has taken some nasty hits this season and is clearly not close to being fully healthy. Burrow blew his knee out last season because his protection didn't hold up on a downfield passing play.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
The Bengals offensive line sucks, The Rams offensive line is middle of the road. Aaron Rodger's played behind a 4th string oline this year. It all comes down to the Quarterback, is he great or not. I'm not saying Oline isn't important it is, but it's not as simple as building an elite Oline=automatic superbowl. If the QB still sucks, it was all for not.

Those teams also have arguably the top 3 WR's in football. It helps to have a guy that you can throw the ball to. Mooney is the Bears best WR and his ceiling is that of a #2 WR.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:33 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Those teams also have arguably the top 3 WR's in football. It helps to have a guy that you can throw the ball to. Mooney is the Bears best WR and his ceiling is that of a #2 WR.

Sounds like Parkins' theory is correct

Great WR's+Good Oline > Great Oline+Good WRs

You need the QB no matter what

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Agreed.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Parkins is a dolt.

Those WR's in KC haven't won as many games for them since their O-line has fallen to sub par.

Mahomes doesn't have all day anymore in the pocket to wait for the deep post or the deep crossing pattern to come open.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Parkins is a dolt.

Those WR's in KC haven't won as many games for them since their O-line has fallen to sub par.

Mahomes doesn't have all day anymore in the pocket to wait for the deep post or the deep crossing pattern to come open.

That's more of an issue with Mahomes. He wants to hit a home run on every play. You can still score off of singles. He still hasn't learned that.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Parkins is a dolt.

Explain the Bengals in the Superbowl? Their Oline is shit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Other than having a HoF QB, a strong offensive line is probably the surest way to have sustained success at the NFL level. But CB, if you want advocate for the Bears having a shit O-line, well, that is a recipe for disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:42 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Other than having a HoF QB, a strong offensive line is probably the surest way to have sustained success at the NFL level. But CB, if you want advocate for the Bears having a shit O-line, well, that is a recipe for disaster.

Where did I advocate for that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Where did I advocate for that?

Where did I say you did? I used “if”.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Parkins is a dolt.

Explain the Bengals in the Superbowl? Their Oline is shit.

They commit to running the football.

Packers didn't stick with it and lost
Chiefs Went away from it in the second half and lost
49ers - See the Chiefs
Bucs- Went away from the run in the 1st half

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:29 pm 

Poles doesn't strike me as a deep thinker. Poles' attitude is more like a coach or equipment guy.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Poles doesn't strike me as a deep thinker. Poles' attitude is more like a coach or equipment guy.

I guess the Bears should have hired Slavoj Zizek instead of Poles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 47  Next