It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Packers @ Bears
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:
This is the most troubling Fields game though. They let him throw and he was a turnover machine.

why is Fields passing so much?

He has a separated shoulder and he was playing against the Packers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Bears defense has given up more than 3 points in the 4th quarter twice outside of today. One of those times came when the Bears offense turned the ball over and Washington needed less than 5 yards to score a touchdown. They've given up 3 points twice. The rest are 0's.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8& ... IkE6Kxt83i

How MANY teams has the Bears Defense shut down this season?

Now you're moving the goal post by a mile.

For as much as the focus seems to be on Fields game after game, it seems evident that the Bears Defense sucks ass. And some of the reason that teams may not have scored in the 4th is because they had huge leads and didn't have to. In at least 2 games that I can think of the Bears win if the Defense simply holds the opposing team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Bears defense has given up more than 3 points in the 4th quarter twice outside of today. One of those times came when the Bears offense turned the ball over and Washington needed less than 5 yards to score a touchdown. They've given up 3 points twice. The rest are 0's.

For as much as the focus seems to be on Fields game after game, it seems evident that the Bears Defense sucks ass. And some of the reason that teams may not have scored in the 4th is because they had huge leads and didn't have to. In at least 2 games that I can think of the Bears win if the Defense simply holds the opposing team.

This tells me you haven't watched many Bears games this season. They've been in every game except for the Jets game. If you want to argue they weren't in the Cowboys game, I won't push back. Outside of that, the offense had a chance to win EVERY game in the 4th.

It's okay to want Fields to get better.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:50 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

We know losing games isn't always on Fields. People want to see Fields progress as a QB independent of wins and losses. No one can elevate this roster into a respectable team, P Manning included.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

We know losing games isn't always on Fields. People want to see Fields progress as a QB independent of wins and losses
By most people accounts he has though. He has transformed himself into a legitimate NFL Quarterback right before our eyes and currently he really is the ONLY reason to watch the team.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

This tells me you haven't watched many Bears games this season. They've been in every game except for the Jets game. If you want to argue they weren't in the Cowboys game, I won't push back. Outside of that, the offense had a chance to win EVERY game in the 4th.

The Bears defense is currently 27th in number of points allowed. In anyone's world that would be a terrible defense.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Bears defense is currently 27th in number of points allowed. In anyone's world that would be a terrible defense.

Again, you're moving the goal post by a mile. You were wrong about the defense sucking in the 4th quarter, and you were wrong about the Bears not being in games in the 4th.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
[

But this really isn't your argument is it? Just Asking A Question. Or mine for that matter. I'm not saying that you can get his Hall of Fame bust ready right now or that he is a Pro Bowler (moment of silence for that game I believe) but what I am saying is that the kid isn't a bust either. Which is what MANY, including you seemingly were arguing in the beginning of the season. He is obviously a keeper at this point contrary to what I read on here week after week.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:35 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

But this really isn't your argument is it? Just Asking A Question. Or mine for that matter. I'm not saying that you can get his Hall of Fame bust ready right now or that he is a Pro Bowler (moment of silence for that game I believe) but what I am saying is that the kid isn't a bust either. Which is what MANY, including you seemingly were arguing in the beginning of the season. He is obviously a keeper at this point contrary to what I read on here week after week.

He was objectively extremely bad this year before the Bears incorporated designed runs for the Pats game. I won't look it up but for year two QBs his stats at that time were in line with really bad QBs of years gone by. He's shown he is an elite runner at the QB position. Possibly the best in the league. That's solid. Now he has to show he's anything but an average passer. There's room for growth on the latter.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:
This is the most troubling Fields game though. They let him throw and he was a turnover machine.

why is Fields passing so much? 10 to 12 passes a game, max. Keep the defense somewhat honest. Otherwise run, run run and run again and again.

Overall, I thought he was better passing today. He was still late and inaccurate at times, but he made a few elite throws. I also thought the offensive line gave him time to pass.

Which is why it’s still too early for anyone to think that he sucks. He has a cannon for an arm, which was on display a couple of times today. If he can work on his accuracy and decision-making a bit and progress next season, with some O-line help I think he’ll be fine next season.

Last edited by Minooka Meatball on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
Again, you're moving the goal post by a mile. You were wrong about the defense sucking in the 4th quarter, and you were wrong about the Bears not being in games in the 4th.

The Bears defense is 27th in points allowed and has cost them at least 2 games in the 4th quarter.
And as far as "goalposts being moved" goes, it's obvious that the goalposts on Fields have been moved from "bust" let's draft a QB next year to must be a bust because he hasn't thrown a game winning touchdown to bailout our sorry ass defense yet.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

It is my argument. It's what I've been focused on. I believe I've been fair.

He was a bust. He couldn't pass the ball, and he wasn't running until after the Washington game. He still struggles passing the ball, but he's arguably the best running quarterback in the NFL. You can work with that. IMO, Fields becoming an above average passer puts him in the tier with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen.

I don't care what some borderline NFL player is doing on defense. I care what Fields does. The Bears need him to be a top 10 quarterback if they're going to consistently win in the future. I'm going to critique his game far more than I'm going to critique the game of Travis Gibson.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

He was objectively extremely bad this year before the Bears incorporated designed runs for the Pats game. I won't look it up but for year two QBs his stats at that time were in line with really bad QBs of years gone by. He's shown he is an elite runner at the QB position. Possibly the best in the league. That's solid. Now he has to show he's anything but an average passer. There's room for growth on the latter.

They incorporated an offense which plays to his strengths and once they did he began to play much better. While I don't like all of the running either, it's great that he does have it in his bag of tricks. Particularly given the Bears offensive line.

He does have to become a better pocket oasser but you really won't know what type of pocket passer that he is until he is allowed to comfortably throw from the picket on a regular. You also will not know until he gets a better set of receivers as well. Right I'm comfortable with where he is as a QB and believe that they are on the right track for believing in him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Bears defense is 27th in points allowed and has cost them at least 2 games in the 4th quarter.
And as far as "goalposts being moved" goes, it's obvious that the goalposts on Fields have been moved from "bust" let's draft a QB next year to must be a bust because he hasn't thrown a game winning touchdown to bailout our sorry ass defense yet.

Literally no one is saying this. You were wrong about the defense. It happens. Move on. It's a bad look to continue flailing and trying to justify your moving of the goal posts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

why is Fields passing so much? 10 to 12 passes a game, max. Keep the defense somewhat honest. Otherwise run, run run and run again and again.

Overall, I thought he was better passing today. He was still late and inaccurate at times, but he made a few elite throws. I also thought the offensive line gave him time to pass.

Which is why it’s still too early for anyone to think that he sucks. He has a cannon for an arm, which was on display a couple of times today. If he can work on his accuracy and decision-making a bit and progress next season, with some O-line help I think he’ll be fine next season.

I agree. With his elite running ability, we're talking about a top 5 quarterback IF he can make these improvements.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:55 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

He was a bust. He couldn't pass the ball, and he wasn't running until after the Washington game..

Somehow and rather majestically, he stopped being considered a "bust" the second the OC and Head Coach incorporated a system which played to his strengths. As most football gurus predicted that he would.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

He was a bust. He couldn't pass the ball, and he wasn't running until after the Washington game..

Somehow and rather majestically, he stopped being considered a "bust" the second the OC and Head Coach incorporated a system which played to his strengths. As most football gurus predicted that he would.

That's fair. The next step in his growth is passing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Literally no one is saying this. You were wrong about the defense. It happens. Move on. It's a bad look to continue flailing and trying to justify your moving of the goal posts.

Wrong about what? Them sucking? They do suck and they have blown 4th Quarter leads. You can quibble about the number that they havep blown if you like.

I'm not at this point. When I look at the problems on this team, I'd have to search far and wide before I ever get to Justin Fields,. This yet week after week the argument seemingly is about Justin Fields and his lack of "development". Even as it is obvious to anyone other than those that never liked him in the first place, that he is "developing"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The problem is coaching. The Bears have one of the worst coaching staffs in football

They are becoming experts in Eberlosing

Last edited by Caller Bob on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

At some point today he was 20-24 passing the football. Seems like "growth" is already taking place.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:05 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wrong about what? Them sucking? They do suck and they have blown 4th Quarter leads. You can quibble about the number that they blown if you like.

I'm not at this point. When I look at the problems on this team, I'd have to search far and wide before I ever get to Justin Fields,. This yet week after week the argument seemingly is about Justin Fields and his lack of "development". Even as it is obvious to anyone other than those that never liked him that he is "developing"

Like Nas said, there's very little to care about outside of Fields. The season is gone - the focus is on 2023, not 2022. Think of the Cavs in 2003 - no one cares about if Larry Hughes is playing D or not, or if Donyell Marshall has anything left in the tank, etc. The focus was all on James and his development.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wrong about what? Them sucking? They do suck and they have blown 4th Quarter leads. You can quibble about the number that they blown if you like.

I'm not at this point. When I look at the problems on this team, I'd have to search far and wide before I ever get to Justin Fields,. This yet week after week the argument seemingly is about Justin Fields and his lack of "development". Even as it is obvious to anyone other than those that never liked him that he is "developing"

Like Nas said, there's very little to care about outside of Fields. The season is gone - the focus is on 2023, not 2022. Think of the Cavs in 2003 - no one cares about if Larry Hughes is playing D or not, or if Donyell Marshall has anything left in the tank, etc. The focus was all on James and his development.

Like I'm saying the drumbeat each and every week seems to be that the worry and not necessarily "care" is about Justin Fields. There isn't much to worry about with him at this point imo

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Eberflus and Fields both strongly implied that St. Brown was to blame for the first interception.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

At some point today he was 20-24 passing the football. Seems like "growth" is already taking place.

I acknowledged that he looked better today. He still had the same accuracy and gun shy problems. If you want to call one mediocre passing game growth, you can.

If he throws 20 interceptions, but he trusts what he's seeing, and he's throwing with anticipation, I'll be thrilled. There are some mechanical issues, but his biggest problem is in his head. He doesn't trust his eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:
[

The whole game counts though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
I acknowledged that he looked better today. He still had the same accuracy and gun shy problems. If you want to call one mediocre passing game growth, you can.

If he throws 20 interceptions, but he trusts what he's seeing, and he's throwing with anticipation, I'll be thrilled. There are some mechanical issues, but his biggest problem is in his head. He doesn't trust his eyes.

Who's "moving the goalposts" now? He hardly played a "mediocre" game unless you had bias against him in the first place. It's OK to say the kid played or has been playing well by the way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm 

Brick wrote:
The whole game counts though.

But obviously him going 20-24 does not apparently.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Nas wrote:

Who's "moving the goalposts" now? He hardly played a "mediocre" game unless you had bias against him the first place. It's OK to say the kid played or has been playing well by the way.

You should make an effort to read my posts. I didn't move a goal post.

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Brick wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Officially eliminated from the playoffs before their bye, lol. Might be a first in NFL history.

Also lost their title of most wins in NFL history, now owned by Packers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next