It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Back in the 70s, and maybe for some time later, NB 53 exit to East Euclid was two lanes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:00 am 

Football fans arrive early and leave late. The only exception is night games so traffic will only be really bad leaving games once or twice a year when they are hosting a night game. The entertainment district after a noon or 3 o'clock game will be packed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:10 am 

There will be much greater use of public transportation with an AH location.

Tailgate at Jefferson Park and then hop the train.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Very unlikely there will ever be an Arlington Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's happening unless the city/state is willing to write a check for at least $2 billion to stay in the city of Chicago.

The Bears threatening to sell the property to a low income housing developer is all it will take for all these pointless hurdles being thrown at them to disappear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:15 am 

I'm now expecting them to remain in the city, but who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's happening unless the city/state is willing to write a check for at least $2 billion to stay in the city of Chicago.

The Bears threatening to sell the property to a low income housing developer is all it will take for all these pointless hurdles being thrown at them to disappear.

It's almost certainly not going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
It’d be an all time Bears’ fuck up if this doesn’t happen.

Why own a gigantic cash printing machine when you can rent out a park district facility 8 or 9 times a year?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Do you have some insider info to share?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:20 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, if the city/state is going to give the Bears $2 billion to stay. Maybe that will be the case.

Let the school district enjoy the tax based that comes from the low income housing at the site.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Do you have some insider info to share?

Keyshawn Johnson

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, if the city/state is going to give the Bears $2 billion to stay. Maybe that will be the case.

Let the school district enjoy the tax based that comes from the low income housing at the site.

I don’t see how the city overcomes the ownership issue if they’re up against a competent negotiator.

There is the l possibility that FanDuel is interested in the Bears site. They want a Chicago presence and the the state of Illinois ok'ed a 5000 machine " racino" for Arlington.
FanDuel was supposed to pour money into the track in Collinsville but I don't know how much renovation was actually done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:30 am 

I don’t see how the city overcomes the ownership issue if they’re up against a competent negotiator.

Well, there are cities like Indianapolis that share profits from everything that happens there. Rock star singer Jim Irsay gets paid when the Final Four and Monster Truck events happen in the public stadium his team plays in. They also keep the money from the naming rights and just everything else.

Otherwise, it's the site at Arlington Heights. It's going to generate a massive amount of money for the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:55 am 

Brick wrote:

Well, there are cities like Indianapolis that share profits from everything that happens there. Rock star singer Jim Irsay gets paid when the Final Four and Monster Truck events happen in the public stadium his team plays in. They also keep the money from the naming rights and just everything else.

Otherwise, it's the site at Arlington Heights. It's going to generate a massive amount of money for the Bears.

lots of jobs for Mc Caskeys outside of ticket sales as well. It's a whole new ballgame to have to manage facilities.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:11 am 

What does caleb want?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
ShortTimeLurker wrote:
I'm now expecting them to remain in the city, but who knows?

One thing I have not seen addressed in all this recent city talk is, how do they solve the museum campus traffic problem? I thought that was a major reason for them leaving?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
I don't know what world you live in that you think there should be no heavy traffic getting into 70k stadiums.

Hey, I'm not the one who's whining about how hard Soldier Field is to get to. Arlington Heights would be worse for most people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:08 pm 

Brick wrote:

McCaskey walks up to the microphone at village hall, clears his throat, waits for the feedback to subside, shuffles his papers;

"N[BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP]s"

Arlington Heights stadium vote passes infinity-0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 pm 

Well, I was going with the idea that the school district will stop being so demanding when they discover they'll get virtually nothing from low income housing.

That's why I think this all gets settled pretty easy. Is a school district looking at getting huge tax dollars to pay for new swimming pools going to derail a project everyone else seems to want?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:41 pm 

What sort of Section 8 project do you think is getting built here? I haven't seen anyone but you suggest that this is even on the table. More likely it would be a housing development with some affordable-housing aspect as is often necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
What sort of Section 8 project do you think is getting built here? I haven't seen anyone but you suggest that this is even on the table. More likely it would be a housing development with some affordable-housing aspect as is often necessary.

It would be a threat.

But plenty of developers would be happy to put in an apartment and townhome community there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Would need zoning change, this gives village some leverage with developers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:52 am 

people often confuse the terms affordable and low income in regards to housing

affordable is based on a percentage of the median income of the surrounding community. Lots of people fall within the range, probably even some here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I'm not sure why Packers fan Curious Hair is worried about grills and couches coming to front lawns in Arlington Heights. Not gonna happen.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Brick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It would be a threat.

But plenty of developers would be happy to put in an apartment and townhome community there.

BRick...I do agree the threat of housing development is real leverage for the Bears. As Curious mentioned....it wouldn't all be low income / section 8...it would be a mix. All the same result....converting that land to housing would strain the local schools, fire, police, etc...even if it led to more property tax revenue than the stadium development. It's in AH best interests to keep that commercial.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am 

Make Indiana pay for it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Caller Bob wrote:

The fat lady may be warming up but she has yet to take the stage.

Quote:
However, according to the report, the Board of Review’s decision to endorse the assessor’s valuation isn’t final. The board is giving the Bears until Saturday to reach an agreement with three local school districts on a lower figure.

According to a Chicago Tribune report late last month, the Bears presented two appraisals of the property, one for $60 million and one for $71 million, to the Board of Review.

Three suburban school districts, however — Palatine Community Consolidated School District 15, Arlington Heights-based Township High School District 214 and Palatine-based Township High School District 211 — have had the land valued at $160 million, the Tribune reported.

If the parties can’t arrive on a settlement by Saturday, the Daily Herald reports, the Board of Review will review the case by the middle of next week. The report also says the Bears could go to the state’s property tax appeal board within 30 days, or file a complaint in Cook County Circuit Court.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
They don't love you like Chicago does...

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next