It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Courtesy of Kap and Hood: The Bears have one offensive touchdown in their last 3 road games. That offensive touchdown comes from a one yard drive that took nearly ten plays. That's embarrassing.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump 24'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:21 am 

i do not want barbie doll for our QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:25 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
No use for Fabio.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump 24'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:47 am 

Probably all Jaguar fans pimping Lawrence trades. Lawrence on the same time-line as Fields as well. So the Jaguars have to either pick up his 5th year option or give him that ginormous, Joe Burrow level contract extension he's looking for. Jags should probably trade Lawrence for some other team's 2026 1st and whatever else and get to tanking for Arch now.

Last edited by Hussra on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It seems like a done deal that Fabio is getting a big deal this offseason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Courtesy of Kap and Hood: The Bears have one offensive touchdown in their last 3 road games. That offensive touchdown comes from a one yard drive that took nearly ten plays. That's embarrassing.

Once they upgrade the WRs, TEs, OL, DE, DBs, LBs, and sod then we'll be able to shrink that to seven plays.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:51 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It seems like a done deal that Fabio is getting a big deal this offseason

so their plan is to overpay Lawrence AND tank for Arch.

The difficulty factor of Lawrence's playoff comeback against Staley's Chargers last playoffs fell off after this Charger season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Once they upgrade the WRs, TEs, OL, DE, DBs, LBs, and sod then we'll be able to shrink that to seven plays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Can they get the Raiders at 13 or the Saints at 14 to take 9 and Fields for their pick and a 2025 1?

My biggest fear about Champ Kelly getting GM job is he'll do something stupid to get Fields. When Bears bums he helped bring in would get waived they'd often end up in Las Vegas and suck even worse. I'll be curious what the market is for Fields. He's always been a media favorite (I remember Orlavsky almost getting fired when he was critical) but I wonder how much value he has within the league. Fields needs an OC without an ego who will design something that takes advantage of his strengths similar to what the Shanahan's did with RG3 in Washington. We don't even have an OC yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:16 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Can they get the Raiders at 13 or the Saints at 14 to take 9 and Fields for their pick and a 2025 1?

My biggest fear about Champ Kelly getting GM job is he'll do something stupid to get Fields. When Bears bums he helped bring in would get waived they'd often end up in Las Vegas and suck even worse. I'll be curious what the market is for Fields. He's always been a media favorite (I remember Orlavsky almost getting fired when he was critical) but I wonder how much value he has within the league. Fields needs an OC without an ego who will design something that takes advantage of his strengths similar to what the Shanahan's did with RG3 in Washington. We don't even have an OC yet.

I'm kind of getting tired of the "design something that fits his strengths" thing. He doesn't have any NFL QB strengths. That's what happens when you can't see the field/have a bad feel for the game. Something best suited for Fields skills would be a javelin throwing contest or some Olympic games competition. No joke.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: What??

There should still be the top or second edge rusher available at 13 or 14. You aren't going to draft a guard or center in the top 15, which is what they will need to protect a rookie QB.

I think you HAVE to get somebody's 2025 #1. They're not a super bowl contender and it's a whole new coaching staff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

I'm kind of getting tired of the "design something that fits his strengths" thing. He doesn't have any NFL QB strengths. That's what happens when you can't see the field/have a bad feel for the game. Something best suited for Fields skills would be a javelin throwing contest or some Olympic games competition. No joke.

Fields would be awesome at that competitive tag thing they show on ESPN occasionally.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:20 am 

Romo was slipping in critical observations among his commentary. Like on I think a 3rd down play they showed Moore run a simple hook route on a replay and Romo says something along the lines of and if the ball had been throw when it should've been it would've arrived in Moore's hands while he was wide open for an easy 1st down .

Romo didn't seem have a lot of energy for criticizing Fields, more resignation that this is who this guy is than hope that it's a correctable issue with a young QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Fields would be awesome at that competitive tag thing they show on ESPN occasionally.

womens football?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
veganfan21 wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

:lol: Nailed it. He's a decathlete, not a QB. Eberflus is a DC, not a HC and Getsy is a....uhh.... An EA Sports gamer?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
What is Field's realistic trade value?
Other GM's don't see his lack of QB skills?
You have to count on another GM being an idiot to get a high-value draft pick?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:38 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

Chicagoans would blame Fields tag coordinator every time Fields gets tagged

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:40 am 

ShortTimeLurker wrote:
What is Field's realistic trade value?
Other GM's don't see his lack of QB skills?
You have to count on another GM being an idiot to get a high-value draft pick?

They all see it except maybe Ryan Pace, the guy who drafted Fields. 7 GMs out of 7 recently said they'd draft Caleb over keeping Justin. People are not dumb. The only dumb people are Fields believers.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:42 am 

Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

:lol: Nailed it. He's a decathlete, not a QB. Eberflus is a DC, not a HC and Getsy is a....uhh.... An EA Sports gamer?

I'm all for criticizing Getsy but at the same time you're only as smart/good as your QB, and Fields admittedly doesn't like/understand diagnosing coverages or digesting information. So Getsy really doesn't have much to work with - it's not like he signed up to coach street ball, which is what Fields is good at.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:45 am 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:

To say he doesn't have any strengths is silly. You don't remember RG3's first season in Washington? Snyder wanted him and Shanahan told him if they take him they'll have to install a new offense and Snyder said do it so they came up with the pistol spread. Fields needs something similar. He can move the chains with his legs. In a heavy run system with play action he might be useful. I was way down on Fields when he came out. His limitations were obvious and coaches at Ohio State even had to comment on why he had trouble with progressions. They said it was by design because they felt their receivers had the talent to eventually win so they wanted to him to stay with them longer. That they had to comment showed it was clear on tape as guys like Brugler and Zierlein were pointing out. It was strange how the media wouldn't accept any criticism. I remember Herbstreit in particular made a fool of himself and got into it with Orlavsky. According to the media it will be Fields and Wilson battling it out in camp for us...I hope not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:49 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

To say he doesn't have any strengths is silly. You don't remember RG3's first season in Washington? Snyder wanted him and Shanahan told him if they take him they'll have to install a new offense and Snyder said do it so they came up with the pistol spread. Fields needs something similar. He can move the chains with his legs. In a heavy run system with play action he might be useful. I was way down on Fields when he came out. His limitations were obvious and coaches at Ohio State even had to comment on why he had trouble with progressions. They said it was by design because they felt their receivers had the talent to eventually win so they wanted to him to stay with them longer. That they had to comment showed it was clear on tape as guys like Brugler and Zierlein were pointing out. It was strange how the media wouldn't accept any criticism. I remember Herbstreit in particular made a fool of himself and got into it with Orlavsky. According to the media it will be Fields and Wilson battling it out in camp for us...I hope not.

RG3 was a disaster after his one good rookie year

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am 

After three years it's not silly, it's factual. Why do you think Fields only had 27 yards rushing yesterday. Fields cultists will say it's on Getsy. Common sense says it's because the entire league knows how to play him - make him throw the ball. Guard against the run and force him to play as a pocket passer. This is akin to not guarding Ben Simmons on the perimeter- he's not a threat to score at all. Play the dribble drive, that's all he can do. Fields will not be a starter for long. We've seen the same story with T.rubisky - not being able to throw/see the fields means you're useless as a starter.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Last edited by veganfan21 on Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

He went to ownership and made them change the offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:54 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He went to ownership and made them change the offense.

But it didn't really work did it? Citing RG3 shouldn't be used as an argument to keep Fields or that he will become a stud in another scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:54 am 

Lotta Redskin fans blame Shanahan Senor for RG3 not working out. They were posting worst thing ever to happen in Washington on January 6th tweets showing highlights of the playoff game where RG3's injured and then bitching about Shanahan ruining dude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 am 
1000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
After three years it's not silly, it's factual. Why do you think Fields only had 27 yards rushing yesterday. Fields cultists will say it's on Getsy. Common sense says it's because the entire league knows how to play him - make him throw the ball. Guard against the run and force him to play as a pocket passer. This is akin to not guarding Ben Simmons on the perimeter- he's not a threat to score at all. Play the dribble drive, that's all he can do. Fields will not be a starter for long. We've seen the same story with T.rubisky - not being able to throw/see the fields means you're useless as a starter.

He has legs and he can throw a decent deep ball. I'm not defending Fields I thought you guys made a bad pick. I'm thinking in terms of us trading for him. If we try and plug him into something its going to fail 100%. For it to have even a chance of success it would take an OC with some imagination. I hope we pass and just draft a guy hopefully Penix.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
But it didn't really work did it? Citing RG3 shouldn't be used as an argument to keep Fields or that he will become a stud in another scheme.

It was working...then ownership overruled Shanahan when RG3 got it in his head he was a pocket QB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:06 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. If running the ball and throwing 50 yard bombs are your only strengths as a quarterback, and everything else you do is substandard, then you're not an NFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:09 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He has legs and he can throw a decent deep ball. I'm not defending Fields I thought you guys made a bad pick. I'm thinking in terms of us trading for him. If we try and plug him into something its going to fail 100%. For it to have even a chance of success it would take an OC with some imagination. I hope we pass and just draft a guy hopefully Penix.

I'm just saying the entire league knows what you just said - he can run and he can throw deep. It's very easy to neutralize those things when those are basically the only things he can excel at.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 75  Next