It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 75  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
In theory, the Bears GM should be held to a higher standard, then myself.
You're the first one to quote yourself with "Swami Bob" on the rare occasion you get something mildly close to correct, but you can't even name a few available players you want to see Poles sign.

"In Theory," piles of manure are held to a higher standard than you. At least they serve a purpose. And probably smell better.

Deep
Edgy?

No, the manure

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:

Put you down for Morse? Is there any other player Poles should have signed? Is there a player he shouldn't have signed?

You’re a bit wound up but.. the Bears could have had Morse, Bates, and their 5th round pick. But instead we have only 1 of those things. Yes, Morse would give the Bears time to address the Center position later on (next years draft) while giving them a reliable veteran Center to pair up with their rookie QB on the cheap.

I’m mostly ok with not spending big on this FA class because outside of Safety and QB there’s nothing Earth shattering.. my beef comes more along the lines of Poles losing assets when it isn’t necessary. Pace did this too and it was damaging as time went on. There’s no way in the world they didn’t have some intel clueing them in on the fact the Bills were about to dump a bunch of contracts for cap reasons -that’s info that casual fans have access to.

Poles continues to play Checkers while good GM’s play Chess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas is the same bitch that is going to demand the GM be fired if they don't draft his LGBTQB1. Total fucking hypocrite.

I also feel we need to have a Cap Space 101 class here...from the Packer fans that don't believe the cap is real, to others that think you can "bank" cap space from year to year

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
I can't criticize the moves that Poles has made to the Bear's defense. I think that this has made it very obvious that he will used the draft mainly to re-build the offense around Mr. Fields when he trades their number one pick. Bank on it. Nothing else makes sense. 8) 8)

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas is the same bitch that is going to demand the GM be fired if they don't draft his LGBTQB1. Total fucking hypocrite.

I also feel we need to have a Cap Space 101 class here...from the Packer fans that don't believe the cap is real, to others that think you can "bank" cap space from year to year

Nas is a real dude who cares about the Bears.

I believe the NFL salary cap and floor are measured over a rolling period, and I think the bank thing is real.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:

...to a flip-flopping dumbass that only uses this forum to complain and doesn't bother to state what would actually make him happy (to be fair...because that doesn't exist)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:35 pm 

You're wrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

Put you down for Morse? Is there any other player Poles should have signed? Is there a player he shouldn't have signed?

You’re a bit wound up but.. the Bears could have had Morse, Bates, and their 5th round pick. But instead we have only 1 of those things. Yes, Morse would give the Bears time to address the Center position later on (next years draft) while giving them a reliable veteran Center to pair up with their rookie QB on the cheap.

I’m mostly ok with not spending big on this FA class because outside of Safety and QB there’s nothing Earth shattering.. my beef comes more along the lines of Poles losing assets when it isn’t necessary. Pace did this too and it was damaging as time went on. There’s no way in the world they didn’t have some intel clueing them in on the fact the Bills were about to dump a bunch of contracts for cap reasons -that’s info that casual fans have access to.

So you can't name a player that Poles should have signed? You're fine with him not overpaying for free agents? Your continued beef is that he traded a 5th for a guy that you believe he could have gotten in free agency?

Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to organize the gripes.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to stop living in fear, my friend. Who are your guys?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

The four guys I thought that was worth breaking the bank for were Chris Joes, Madubuike, Winfield, and Mckinney, Clark is a game wrecker, and the other three are younger dudes that would be key contributors for the next 3-5 years. The rest of the guys were a bit older and likely would only give you good production for a year or maybe two.

Still not getting the center thing, just read a thing from Rosenhaus talking about how Connor Williams was going to wait until later in free agency to see how he felt before signing, really hoping they do not just hand the job to Bates, we saw how poor center play impacted Fields and you would hope Poles learned his lesson.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:19 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

...to a flip-flopping dumbass that only uses this forum to complain and doesn't bother to state what would actually make him happy (to be fair...because that doesn't exist)

Have you sent your resume to the Chargers? I thought with your skills of making the imaginary salary cap go away, they could really use your services.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to stop living in fear, my friend. Who are your guys?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:

Why don't you explain the salary cap to us all?

I haven't seen you name any guys you would like the Bears to sign. The floor is yours, swami.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:54 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

So you can't name a player that Poles should have signed? You're fine with him not overpaying for free agents? Your continued beef is that he traded a 5th for a guy that you believe he could have gotten in free agency?

Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to organize the gripes.

I named Morse, that would have been a solid signing but not a permanent solution due to age.

Yes, I’m fine with them not overpaying in this market so far. You and I line up on this it seems. There may be a few arguments people can make for guys like Hunter or Barkley but I wouldn’t make those arguments.

Well yeah my continued beef is with his lack of what appears to be football intelligence and not operating on a calculated level. Why give up assets when you don’t need to? How are you okay with this Nas especially after the Bills purged their roster days later proving me right?

I get that you spend a lot of time in meatball mode but over the years I’ve noticed you can be reasonable too. And to me, a reasonable objective observation of that situation should at least have you scratching your head when it comes to that trade. Poles doesn’t do a lot of things good GM’s do. Good GM’s don’t give up assets -they let the bad GM’s do that. And this is what worries me about guys like Pace and Poles big picture wise. Poor decisions like this really speak volumes to me personally.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:06 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

The four guys I thought that was worth breaking the bank for were Chris Joes, Madubuike, Winfield, and Mckinney, Clark is a game wrecker, and the other three are younger dudes that would be key contributors for the next 3-5 years. The rest of the guys were a bit older and likely would only give you good production for a year or maybe two.

Still not getting the center thing, just read a thing from Rosenhaus talking about how Connor Williams was going to wait until later in free agency to see how he felt before signing, really hoping they do not just hand the job to Bates, we saw how poor center play impacted Fields and you would hope Poles learned his lesson.

Jones is a great player but his age comes into play for me personally. Besides, the Chiefs did right by him and made sure he’ll probably retire with them. McKinney is interesting but I can see how Poles may not want to tie up too much money at that position when he just paid Jaylon. I think spreading the money out across each side of the ball to maximize strength rather than clustering it in certain spots on the offense or defense is his intent. That said, I wouldn’t mind if he dumped money into the D-line but it’s got to be the right fit. I’d like to see younger guys that can grow with the team if possible.

Yeah the Center thing is frustrating -especially when they had multiple chances to address it in last years draft. Unfortunately I think they may try to kick the can down the road one more season while hoping Bates transforms into something he’s apparently never been up to this point. We’ll see. There could be a couple left in the 3rd round, or they trade #9 back to the late 1st and add a 2nd so they can nab a receiver and a center.. but I hope they stay at 9 and get Odunze if he’s there..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME, I don't care because it was a 5th round pick. I'm confident the Bears will have at least one pick in the 5th round this year. If it took giving up a pick to ensure you got your guy or to beat another team's offer, I'm cool with it. I'll never lose sleep over a 5th round pick, even though he's done well drafting in that round.

What GMs are you comparing Poles to? I can't debate some hypothetical GM. All I know is, two years ago, Poles took over a team that had no talent, was in cap hell, and didn't have a first round pick. Since then, he's cleaned up the cap, collected a lot of draft assets, acquired a lot of young talent, a true franchise quarterback, and has the Bears positioned for sustained success. If that's the work of a shit GM, I prefer shit GMs over whatever we've had since Angelo left.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 pm 

And I know none of us wants to read/hear this (well, most of us).. but they could still move that 1st overall. I don’t think Caleb is 100% just yet.. if they hit up one of these other pro days over the next coming weeks and see something in one of these other QB’s.. I could see them moving off of #1.

I’m not saying it’s what I’d want or what I’d do.. but I still think atm it’s very much in play.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
And I know none of us wants to read/hear this (well, most of us).. but they could still move that 1st overall. I don’t think Caleb is 100% just yet.. if they hit up one of these other pro days over the next coming weeks and see something in one of these other QB’s.. I could see them moving off of #1.

I’m not saying it’s what I’d want or what I’d do.. but I still think atm it’s very much in play.

If Ryan Poles is moved by what a quarterback does or doesn't do at their pro day, he should be fired immediately. That said, I don't think there is a trade market for him. The only teams that could trade for him are Washington and the Patriots. Neither appear willing to give up anything significant for his services. Also, Poles would have killed his leverage by not putting the pick on the block during the combine. I think there is a near zero chance the pick will be traded.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:21 pm 

Nas wrote:
NME, I don't care because it was a 5th round pick. I'm confident the Bears will have at least one pick in the 5th round this year. If it took giving up a pick to ensure you got your guy or to beat another team's offer, I'm cool with it. I'll never lose sleep over a 5th round pick, even though he's done well drafting in that round.

What GMs are you comparing Poles to? I can't debate some hypothetical GM. All I know is, two years ago, Poles took over a team that had no talent, was in cap hell, and didn't have a first round pick. Since then, he's cleaned up the cap, collected a lot of draft assets, acquired a lot of young talent, a true franchise quarterback, and has the Bears positioned for sustained success. If that's the work of a shit GM, I prefer shit GMs over whatever we've had since Angelo left.

You’re being overly optimistic imo. But then again, to balance it out I’m being overly cautious.

This team looked like shit last year until they ran across a stretch of teams that looked like they were tanking. The Lions win was probably their best win last year -I’m still not sold on how good this team actually is. I need more time with it.

As for Poles success.. he got lucky the Panthers flamed out. No one was talking about how bad the Panthers were going to be when that trade happened. They had a well respected HC, a stud defensive end and other pieces as well.. including a highly prospected QB. Yes it crashed and burned, but I’m not going for all this hindsite and revisionist history on a team that was originally drafting outside of the top 10. Does Poles deserve some credit for that? Sure, but I’m not convinced it was a calculated move more than just the best offer he could get.

He still has to make the right call this year with the QB situation, and that hasn’t happened yet. I wonder how different this conversation becomes if he trades back from 1 to 8 or something along those lines and rides it out with Fields and ‘the haul’.

Let’s see how this plays out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Caleb flunked the combine, teams moving him out of the top 10 on their draft boards, some out of the 1st round. That's why the pick lost value. Occam's Lazer, y0:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I can't believe they would keep the #1 pick and take a tackle, even if he is the love child of Jimbo Covert and Anthony Munoz. New England would give up a 2025 1st to move up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mama Bear's last act would likely be murdering her son and Ryan Poles.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Moving up for what tho? NE wants nothing to do with C-Will and vice versa. Why would NE give up draft capital to move up to draft the same guy they can draft at 3.

Unless the Bears wanna trade the pick to Minnesota, don't see that happening. Nobody wants to kneecap/Bryce Young their franchise for Williams post-combine.

What GM/Owner wants to be sitting in 2025 where the Carolina Panthers are in 2024.

maybe trade the pick to Arizona/other non-QB drafting team, but then they can turn around and offer it to Minnesota for a premium.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The floor is still yours, Vaccinated Bob.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Coleman Shelton is the new Bears center?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah looks like and Bernstein's head is exploding because IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Shelton is considered an average center, though he has connections to Waldron.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:55 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah looks like and Bernstein's head is exploding because IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! :lol:

Wait til CB finds out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tall Midget wrote:
Shelton is considered an average center, though he has connections to Waldron.

He only had three penalties and allowed 2 sacks last year. In Bears center arena that is HOF.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:05 pm 

If he was any good the rams would have kept him

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 75  Next