It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
I think we'll see more of the Year 2 guy. He quietly had the best season of any defensive end in the franchise's history.

Maybe you'll be proven right eventually, but you'd be defying history if that turns out to be the case. Quinn hasn't had good seasons in consecutive years since 2013 and 2014. Based on this trend, it's much more likely Quinn will be mediocre or bad in 2022.

I hear you. Health played a role in some of that.

I saw a guy who was physically and mentally healthy last season. A guy whose dominance wasn't given the attention it should have. He performed the way we thought Mack would. He did it on a team that was trailing in most games because of their shit offense, shit secondary, and he didn't have a great front 7 either.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Sounds like Jenkins may not even make the team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Caught a few nuggets while catching up on training camp stuff last night, and even though they had blurred out the screens you could hear Getsy giving the QB's some pretty specific stuff on needing to at least hold up the back side of plays so they could see how the D reacted to a certain look to set up the next play call, also they were after Fields to get the team to the line and set quicker so they could get more of a look at the D and get the play call in faster, these are all things that I would be screaming at the TV all the time about over the past few years. They also were after Fields to quicken his tempo on his shotgun drops, again to give another microsecond to look for tells from the D, it was pretty good stuff and indicated an at least competent approach to offensive football.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Bears +6.5 against the 49ers week 1 from BetMGM.

San Francisco 49ers (-6.5) at Chicago Bears | Over/under: 42.5

Last edited by Augie on Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

I love the Bears at +6.5. I'm not sure why anyone would love Trey Lance based on what we've seen. He looks like the worst quarterback in the class. A class where the best quarterback has been mediocre.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Nas wrote:
I love the Bears at +6.5. I'm not sure why anyone would love Trey Lance based on what we've seen. He looks like the worst quarterback in the class. A class where the best quarterback has been mediocre.

I wonder how many Bears fans will jump on the +6.5 and how much the number might move? I can't imagine 49er fans laying -6.5 based on what they know.
(Edited it in my post above yours, because I had it wrong in one spot.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Augie wrote:
Nas wrote:

I wonder how many Bears fans will jump on the +6.5 and how much the number might move? I can't imagine 49er fans laying -6.5 based on what they know.
(Edited it in my post above yours, because I had it wrong in one spot.)

Two questionable QBs...the under seems like a good bet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

There are a lot of question marks about the Bears' offensive line, but too many writers are trying to rewrite history when it comes to Leno. He was awful at the end. A good year in Washington doesn't change that.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Will any of the guys that start game one on the Oline be here in a few years when the team could be good? Maybe Borom or one of the rooks will still be here, but the other guys are older, or just replacement level, would think with plenty of cap room and draft picks that Poles will totally revamp this group next year.

If Fields sucks, you will have a top 5 pick or better and will have to take yet another swing at a franchise QB.

If Fields shows he's getting it, you likely still get a high pick and could easily find the next Ryan Pace and fleece him for picks as you trade back, allowing you to draft a starter or two in the first few rounds next year.

It seems the best possible outcome is for Borom to be solid and for a rook like Braxton Jones gets a few starts later in the year and looks promising.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Will any of the guys that start game one on the Oline be here in a few years when the team could be good? Maybe Borom or one of the rooks will still be here, but the other guys are older, or just replacement level, would think with plenty of cap room and draft picks that Poles will totally revamp this group next year.

If Fields sucks, you will have a top 5 pick or better and will have to take yet another swing at a franchise QB.

If Fields shows he's getting it, you likely still get a high pick and could easily find the next Ryan Pace and fleece him for picks as you trade back, allowing you to draft a starter or two in the first few rounds next year.

It seems the best possible outcome is for Borom to be solid and for a rook like Braxton Jones gets a few starts later in the year and looks promising.

They're saying Braxton Jones can't be moved even with a bull rush. The Bears may have their future starting LT and RT. If Fields is just good this team will turn around fast after next offseason. Also, Whitehair should be solid for a few more years.

Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8