It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
denisdman wrote:
Nardi, I am well aware of what they stand for. The two main political parties have incurred over $30T in national debt and about $75T in underfunded entitlement programs. And with all that money we have still not achieved global peace or solved poverty and homelessness nor educated our children at an acceptable level.

What's an acceptable level? When discussing "global tests," who makes up the pool of kids from which these results come from? Are they using the scores of the sweat shop kids in Asia or are they using results from the kids who were bred to get a high quality education?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We score in the 25-30th area of developed countries. We consider ourselves to be the best country in the world. I would think top 10 is a must. And by our own standards, our children do not read or understand math anywhere near grade level.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:09 pm 

https://factsmaps.com/pisa-2018-worldwide-ranking-average-score-of-mathematics-science-reading/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
denisdman wrote:
We score in the 25-30th area of developed countries. We consider ourselves to be the best country in the world. I would think top 10 is a must. And by our own standards, our children do not read or understand math anywhere near grade level.

Democrats just need more money and power.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:

That didn't answer my question. Who makes up the sample from other countries? I can't imagine the 8 year old shop workers are scoring high on any tests.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:20 pm 

We have to spend time more time on pronouns. And flags!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That didn't answer my question. Who makes up the sample from other countries? I can't imagine the 8 year old shop workers are scoring high on any tests.

If you go to the PISA site and click on a country, they tell you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The assessment picked 4000 to 8000 kids from 150 schools. The kids needed to be 15 years old. They also needed to be enrolled in a school in 7th grade to qualify. You know who that excludes? ALL child laborers from across the globe. As I suspected, the assessment you're using to shit on the American educational system is biased as fuck. Let's ignore the improvements in high school and college graduation rates across all demographics over the past generation, but let's focus on a biased assessment.

Last edited by Nas on Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:18 pm 

Crazy leftists ran the study, right? It's legit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the Judicial System correctly addressed the George Floyd situation.

Chauvin appealed today, so maybe they haven't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:24 am 

denisdman wrote:
Yeah that it is Deni$. Understanding our country’s history and progress is a big part of keeping things like LTBG political issues in perspective or folks worrying about everything falling apart.

People around here get in an uproar about athletes kneeling or drag shows when we cannot educate a large portion of our population to grade level (many posters demonstrate that here daily) or continue to rack up massive levels of federal debt.

a fishing bobber never sinks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Yeah that it is Deni$. Understanding our country’s history and progress is a big part of keeping things like LTBG political issues in perspective or folks worrying about everything falling apart.

People around here get in an uproar about athletes kneeling or drag shows when we cannot educate a large portion of our population to grade level (many posters demonstrate that here daily) or continue to rack up massive levels of federal debt.

a fishing bobber never sinks

Unless the lake runs dry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:47 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Sounds like this guy has already been brainwashed by the McCaskeys.

Quote:
PHOENIX — Kevin Warren’s first official day as Chicago Bears President and CEO will be April 17.

That’s when Warren, who still is working full time as Big Ten commissioner, will begin one-on-one interviews with every Bears employee to assess changes that need to be made to help create a championship-caliber organization.

He’ll dive deeper into the financial and logistical challenges the Bears face as they weigh whether to build a new stadium on the former Arlington Park property they just purchased. And he’ll continue to establish his working relationships with Bears Chairman George McCaskey, general manager Ryan Poles and coach Matt Eberflus.

But Warren already has been around the Bears and Halas Hall in the 2 ½ months since the team hired him, enacting a transition plan to take over for outgoing President Ted Phillips. He also joined the Bears at the NFL’s league meeting this week at the Arizona Biltmore resort.

And he has come away with a sense that looking ahead there’s “something special with the Chicago Bears.”

“This is not a normal environment of a team that won three football games this year,” Warren said. “Most of the time that happens, you’re in turmoil. But George is calm, Ryan is calm, Coach Eberflus is calm, I’m calm. We’re all connected and working together, and I think there’s a sense around the NFL community that we have the right people at the right time in the right situation focused on the right issues. And none of us have egos and that we’re doing the right thing. I really love the energy we have developed and are building, and I’m confident that we’ll do well together.”

The potential development of a new Arlington Heights stadium complex was on the top of the list of questions for Warren as he spoke with Chicago reporters Monday in Phoenix.

Warren said work on the possible development really begins now since the Bears closed on the land in February. At the time, the team sent an open letter to fans stating the project would require assistance, including “securing property tax certainty and support for infrastructure commensurate with the public benefits the project will yield to the region.”

Warren knows from his work helping to drive the Minnesota Vikings’ U.S. Bank Stadium project as Chief Operating Officer that patience and creativity are key in what will be a yearslong process if the Bears do decide to build. He said the NFL has stressed at the meetings this week that the league is a resource, not an adversary as they get deeper into that process.

While Warren has walked the property and believes the site “feels right,” he said he will have a better understanding of the timeline for a potential stadium, as well as the obstacles ahead, when he begins formal meetings about it. (He believes a good general estimate would be three years from groundbreaking to opening.)

But he already senses excitement about what the stadium — and a potential entertainment complex around it — could bring to fans.

“What it comes down to is to focus on the why. Why is it important?” Warren said. “You think about the impact (U.S. Bank Stadium) has had in Minnesota, one just from a pride standpoint. People are prideful about a new stadium. And then to host the NCAA Final Four and Super Bowls and all the other events and watch your kids having midnight baseball games there, that’s a pride point.

“Also what it did in Minnesota is it was actually a great recruiter for businesses, even if you weren’t going to a game there. Those are things that, as we design this whole ecosystem with our stadium in Arlington Park, we have to create that environment where people when they come to visit in Chicago, they want to come see the new Chicago Bears stadium and work for companies there and all that. So that’s the part that’s so exciting about it. It’s much more than just a building. Really it’s building an energy center. And that does have a positive impact.”

On the football side, Warren already has had formal meetings with Poles to get a better feel for the general manager’s philosophy and priorities and how he approaches the draft, free agency and building a roster as he tries to turn the Bears around.

He said his rapport with Poles equates to “the way you feel about your college roommate,” as if they’ve known each other for years. And he was thrilled to watch how Poles handled trading the No. 1 draft pick to the Carolina Panthers earlier this month for a haul of draft picks and wide receiver DJ Moore.

“He is not only smart. He’s intelligent,” Warren said. “He has a high IQ, has a high EQ. He’s thorough. He’s diligent. He’s methodical. And he’s unflappable. Because anytime when you handle these trades, especially when you have the No. 1 pick and make these determinations, it’s an emotional roller coaster. So he’s passionate but he’s not emotional. He stayed really steady. He’s a great communicator, and it was just incredible to really watch him.”

In just a few weeks, Warren will delve deeper into that relationship with Poles and numerous other employees.

But he already has an idea of one way they can measure progress as his Bears tenure gets underway.

“Every time I walk into the building, I look at that statue of George Halas and I ask God to give me the strength to do what I need to do to make him proud,” Warren said. “There have been many a days where I have stopped in the chapel to pray, and before I go home I look at that statue and I ask myself, ‘If he had been with me every moment of that day, would he be proud of what I did?’ And if we get a collective group of people who can do that every single day, we’ll all be proud of the work we’ll be able to put in here over the next couple of years.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:21 am 

He said nothing except trying to spread a message of love and happiness. Given the Bears history, that can't be all bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:36 am 

In a perfect scenario, everything would go so smoothly in the organization that I would never hear his name again. I shouldn't know who Ted Phillips is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
denisdman wrote:

The assessment picked 4000 to 8000 kids from 150 schools. The kids needed to be 15 years old. They also needed to be enrolled in a school in 7th grade to qualify. You know who that excludes? ALL child laborers from across the globe. As I suspected, the assessment you're using to shit on the American educational system is biased as fuck. Let's ignore the improvements in high school and college graduation rates across all demographics over the past generation, but let's focus on a biased assessment.

Gets down to what is important to you, what you prioritize.

Watched a guy talk about how his school required kids to do 20 math problems a night, his dad made him do 80, so he basically did four times the amount of work in math than his classmates so his math skills were far ahead of his average peers and light years ahead of his below average peers. He compared it to spending five minutes a day practicing basketball vs two hours a day, of course you are better at basketball than someone that spends five minutes a day practicing basketball. Academics, especially math, was emphasized by his family.

Remember talking to a guy from Taipei that when he was growing up all the kids spent all of their time studying for a placement test you took in Junior High, if you scored a certain way you went to college, if another you went into the trades, only the wealthier kids did well because their parents paid for better schools and expected them to spend all of their time learning. He said that most of the kids were so out of shape that they couldn't walk more than a couple miles, all of the time was spent studying.

It should be no surprise that the US version of Tik Tok tried to make kids want to be a Kardashian while the Chinese version steers them toward education. The fact that most US kids want to be Lebron or Kim K. rather than be the smartest kid in class likely makes the Chinese leaders very happy. That way they can just wait for the right opportunity to expand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm not sure a life as a study bot has worked out well for most Asian kids who are forced to live that life. They have no social skills, they are procreating, and they're a straw away from a mental breakdown.

America's kids are well rounded and still better than the rest of the world's. Also, the smartest person is rarely the head of a successful organization. There are reasons for that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
In a perfect scenario, everything would go so smoothly in the organization that I would never hear his name again. I shouldn't know who Ted Phillips is.

Exactly

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:

“Have we gotten the quarterback right? Have we won enough games? No, but everything else is in place.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

“Have we gotten the quarterback right? Have we won enough games? No, but everything else is in place.”

Forgot about that one.

Go Bears!!1!!1!!

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

On that I guess you have to blame meatball fans. I suppose it doesn't matter much to owners if the football team, while inept on the field, is still bringing in the money. I guess that's how people like Ted Phillips survive in sports management jobs.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
I'm not sure a life as a study bot has worked out well for most Asian kids who are forced to live that life. They have no social skills, they are procreating, and they're a straw away from a mental breakdown.

America's kids are well rounded and still better than the rest of the world's. Also, the smartest person is rarely the head of a successful organization. There are reasons for that.

I sincerely believe that a well rounded child from an actively engaged family is better off than most exclusive bookworms mastering standardized tests.

In the digital age, the ability to actively engage with actual people seem to be at a premium.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:39 pm 

Nas wrote:

Speaks more to how different cultures approach education, some cultures highly value education and preparation while others do not, you see if manifest itself early as kids fall behind their peers in reading comprehension and then cannot process information adequately enough to access higher education.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:43 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I sincerely believe that a well rounded child from an actively engaged family is better off than most exclusive bookworms mastering standardized tests.

In the digital age, the ability to actively engage with actual people seem to be at a premium.

Quite a disconnect between older people and millennials, millennials have no interest in interacting with seniors and the seniors view millennials as bumbling idiots because they cannot carry on a basic conversation

See it every single day at work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Clawmaster wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

Quite a disconnect between older people and millennials, millennials have no interest in interacting with seniors and the seniors view millennials as bumbling idiots because they cannot carry on a basic conversation

But if millennials have no interest in interacting with seniors, why would they carry on a basic conversation with a senior?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:36 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:

It makes me sad and a little angry wen I see families out at restaurants and kids are on devices. The phones and iPads are a negative in so many ways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:55 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

But if millennials have no interest in interacting with seniors, why would they carry on a basic conversation with a senior?

It's a necessary function of most jobs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:06 am 

Caught a bit of his presser at the league meetings and he said he was going to talk to every employee so he will get to meet many members of the McKaskey family tree and their friends, could be a risky venture in a mom and pop shop like the Bears because they surely have a few family members that are hapless and make bad decisions frequently, but he has already met George, so maybe he will be OK.

Have had this happen a few times during management shakeups and it seemed like a good way to introduce a new manager to staff, the person can then always say, "I listened to all of you", remember one dude that didn't even cover up his list of names with checkmarks next to them as he had one of his underlings dutifully track down everyone. He did later start "going to lunch" with one of the more attractive staffers, so her meeting must have made quite an impression on him.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 4:57 am 

Now a story came out about how clueless or negligent Warren has been with the tv contracts. He's likely to screw up the stadium too.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 6:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
Now a story came out about how clueless or negligent Warren has been with the tv contracts. He's likely to screw up the stadium too.

It's hard to say for certain exactly what is going on here, but it certainly sounds like Kevin Warren is more than a bit of a conman. The story comes from ESPN, though, which likely wants to eviscerate Warren and the Big Ten since it was excluded from the new contract. Coaches that Warren alienated during his tenure as commissioner are also probably seeking revenge and may be providing cover for their bosses, who apparently either failed to perform their duties in reviewing some key details of the agreement (which seems unlikely for many reasons) or are simply blaming Warren for their own refusal to inform coaches about key aspects of the deal. Nevertheless, this appears to be a blockbuster story with many bombshell revelations. Full story is here.

ESPN wrote:
Lastly, Petitti prioritized the official completion of the massive television contract worth more than $7 billion negotiated by his predecessor, Kevin Warren. This issue may have seemed like a mere formality, but complications to the much-celebrated deal arose soon after he accepted the job.

Nearly three months before the season kicks off and those TV deals begin, the Big Ten does not have completed longform contracts, which include the fine print details. Instead, Petitti is engaged in significant "horse trading," according to multiple sources, to get the NBC primetime deal finished and figure out what the network calls "outstanding issues" in order to uphold as much value as possible.

"These deals aren't done, and they aren't what they were represented to be from the standpoint of the NBC deal and the availability of all members to participate in November games in primetime," said an industry source.

Interviews with nearly a dozen sources in and around the Big Ten and the college sports industry paint a picture of Petitti sprinting to navigate details left unresolved from his predecessor.

As a result, there's a trail of unhappy athletic directors seeing money disappearing from their bottom line, frustrated television executives and big-name coaches irked about the lack of transparency in details that weren't communicated to them.

Kevin Warren took over as Big Ten commissioner in January 2020, and in just three years at the helm, he dealt with the COVID-19 pandemic, helped bring USC and UCLA into the conference in a landscape-altering deal, and secured the massive TV payday before heading back to the NFL as team president and CEO of the Chicago Bears.

When he accepted that job, he said he was leaving the Big Ten in a "demonstratively better position," which was true financially as its schools project more revenue than any league over the course of the deal. His work adding USC and UCLA, who join the conference after the 2023-24 season, was widely praised by members and provided a financial jolt to the television deal.

On campus, it's a bit more muddled. Big Ten schools have seen potential revenue disappear the past few months from a contract that was announced back in August as being worth an average of nearly $1 billion per year through the 2029 football season. More than $70 million in total is suddenly in flux -- nearly $5 million per school -- and it has left administrators around the league seeking answers and calling for financial accountability.

Recently, schools have found out:

They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)

They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.

There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Multiple sources told ESPN there's been pushback from a number of schools, including Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, to play those late-November night games under the new contract. That leaves Petitti to figure out how to uphold a deal for hundreds of millions of dollars for primetime games without cooperation from some of the league's marquee teams for part of the regular season's most important month.

Athletic departments and coaches around the Big Ten say they were surprised November night games would be part of the deal. They weren't asked for permission to play them prior to the deal or informed of the change ahead of the deal, according to sources. At the same time, NBC wasn't aware until well after the initial contract was signed this summer that these big-brand schools had historic tolerances that were part of the prior television arrangements and would resist being available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next