It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lightfoot Dome!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:28 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
In fairness Washington's stadium is not the reason for that teams recent troubles. The new stadium was right next door to the old one, so its not like the fans felt abandoned by them moving to another suburb, so its not even the same situation the Bears are talking about.

Isn't FedEx field like 30 minutes away from RFK?

And yeah that idiot owner does nothing but antagonize his fan base.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
I can name countless other teams that experienced the same thing once they decided to bounce from their team's city limits.
Please do so.

Anaheim Rams
Jets
The Dolphins don't seem to be the same since leaving the Orange Bowl.
WFT
The Patriots pre Brady
:lol: :lol: LTG could burn down an orphanage on Christmas Eve, and you would still defend him.

Rams; have moved out of state, then returned with a brand new stadium. They will be fine.
Jets; already been covered here.
Dolphins; Have been in their current stadium since 1987. They seem to be fine.
Patriots have played at the exact same physical location since 1971:

The Dolphins are one of the teams where road fans go in regular droves for decades and until New England won, no one in Boston gave a damn about the Rhode Island Patriots.

Frankly I'm curious as to how well the Packers enjoyed playing in flavorless County Stadium.

The Patriots moving from Boston to Foxborough did not alienate the fans and cause the Patriots to regret the move. And they have since become one of the most powerful franchises in sports, so i think they did ok with that decision.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Weren't there a pretty significant amount of empty seats at Bears games last year and tickets if I recall seemed to be easy to come by? I could be wrong as I don't watch every Bears home game.
It's going to be easier to convince those people to not eat the cost of the ticket when it's 70 degrees on December 18 rather than 30 with a wind off the lake.

They eat the cost of the ticket because the Bears usually suck by that point so why bother? I'd never expect a Non Chicagoan like Frank to understand this "dynamic". You either. Take it from someone whose entire life has been spent within spitting distance of that stadium. People eat the tickets because the Bears usually suck by that point. Not because of the weather. If it were all about the weather then the Jags and Miami's stadiums would never be empty. Houston's either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:30 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
In fairness Washington's stadium is not the reason for that teams recent troubles. The new stadium was right next door to the old one, so its not like the fans felt abandoned by them moving to another suburb, so its not even the same situation the Bears are talking about.

Isn't FedEx field like 30 minutes away from RFK?

And yeah that idiot owner does nothing but antagonize his fan base.

If that is the case I stand corrected. I thought they were closer than that.

It looks like they are 7.5 miles apart, 15 minutes away.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Whining? Yes.

For not caring about the McCaskey team, you sure post about them an awful lot :D :D :D

Still waiting for LTG to list all of the teams that suffered or went belly up when the team got a new stadium outside of city limits. I guarantee he won't list a damn thing.

You really are dumb as dogshit. Question was already "covered" you fucking idiot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:33 pm 

America/New Zealand/Rio de Janeiro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:33 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
I can name countless other teams that experienced the same thing once they decided to bounce from their team's city limits.
Please do so.

Anaheim Rams
Jets
WFT
The Patriots pre Brady
:lol: :lol: LTG could burn down an orphanage on Christmas Eve, and you would still defend him.

Rams; have moved out of state, then returned with a brand new stadium. They will be fine.

The Dolphins are one of the teams where road fans go in regular droves for decades and until New England won, no one in Boston gave a damn about the Rhode Island Patriots.

Frankly I'm curious as to how well the Packers enjoyed playing in flavorless County Stadium.

The Patriots moving from Boston to Foxborough did not alienate the fans and cause the Patriots to regret the move. And they have since become one of the most powerful franchises in sports, so i think they did ok with that decision.

It wasn't until they won. The Bears do not have to win in order to "own" the city.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:34 pm 

Well, it's a damn good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Just asking questions longtimebitch.

How many Bears games have you been to over the last few years, LTG?
How many teams suffered or went belly up when the team got a new stadium outside of city limits? (keep in mind, you said there were "countless" this has happened to)

Answer or STFU.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:35 pm 

That's my point. If they build a new stadium in AH they will be fine 10x over. And it will open up a golden opportunity for an AFC team to do fine in a remodeled (but not necessarily domed) Soldier Field.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Please do so.

Anaheim Rams
Jets
WFT
The Patriots pre Brady

And no one in greater Boston cared about them until Brady started winning. Including their prior two Super Bowl appearances.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:39 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Answer or STFU.

Easy Frankie Facade . "We" Know that the tough guy routine is all an act don't "WE"?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:39 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Weren't there a pretty significant amount of empty seats at Bears games last year and tickets if I recall seemed to be easy to come by? I could be wrong as I don't watch every Bears home game.
It's going to be easier to convince those people to not eat the cost of the ticket when it's 70 degrees on December 18 rather than 30 with a wind off the lake.

They eat the cost of the ticket because the Bears usually suck by that point so why bother? I'd never expect a Non Chicagoan like Frank to understand this "dynamic". You either. Take it from someone whose entire life has been spent within spitting distance of that stadium. People eat the tickets because the Bears usually suck by that point. Not because of the weather. If it were all about the weather then the Jags and Miami's stadiums would never be empty. Houston's either.
You seem to be contradicting yourself here. It sounds like Bears fans are already fickle about the team when they aren't good. If it's not the bad weather in December that makes it miserable to watch a bad team lose then it must be that they aren't the die hard local fans you think they are.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:40 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
And no one in greater Boston cared about them until Brady started winning. Including their prior two Super Bowl appearances.

But that isnt whats being discussed. Winning ALWAYS trumps all but what is being discussed are occasions where teams have built new stadiums within the population centers and later regretted it because their fans abandoned them. Im pretty sure the Patriots survived the traumatic move from Boston to the suburbs ok.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:42 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Well, it's a damn good thing.

Obviously it is but the Bears don't have to win in order for their rabid fans to care about the team. They have one of the more unique things going in all of sports. Packers too. They don't have to win either for the interest level to be quite high.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:46 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. It sounds like Bears fans are already fickle about the team when they aren't good. If it's not the bad weather in December that makes it miserable to watch a bad team lose then it must be that they aren't the die hard local fans you think they are.

The Bears are by far the most popular team in this city. If you don't call it "die hard" then what is the meaning of the word?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Vikings did the opposite. They went from the suburbs to the city, first with the Metrodome and now US Bank stadium. If I remember right, all the Minneapolis political movers and shakers fought to have the Twins and Vikings play in downtown Minneapolis. It was suppose to 'revitalize' downtown. Not sure about that part. I think most people come to the games and go without spending money eating downtown, but I could be wrong about that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:47 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Bears are by far the most popular team in this city. If you don't call it "die hard" then what is the meaning of the word?

I blame the weather for why Bears fans don't attend games late in the year when the team isn't good. What do you blame for it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:48 pm 

Rio de Janeiro wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

But that isnt whats being discussed. Winning ALWAYS trumps all but what is being discussed are occasions where teams have built new stadiums within the population centers and later regretted it because their fans abandoned them. Im pretty sure the Patriots survived the traumatic move from Boston to the suburbs ok.

Winning is the one thing the Bears don’t do consistently. The last thing they should do is invite an opportunity for somebody to come in and outperform them at winning football games. It wouldn’t take much more than an average NFL franchise to be noticeably more competitive and fun to watch, and heaven forbid something happens like what happened in Baltimore.

This is why I don't think this is Antarctica, because Antarctica thinks Chicago is doomed and would in no way question why a sports franchise would leave the city limits.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:51 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I blame the weather for why Bears fans don't attend games late in the year when the team isn't good. What do you blame for it?

Do you think people will fill the stadium in Arlington Heights in Dec. if the team sucks? Just because they have a Dome?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:55 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Do you think people will fill the stadium in Arlington Heights in Dec. if the team sucks? Just because they have a Dome?

It's a lot more likely than sitting in 25 degree weather with the wind coming off the lake.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

How many teams suffered or went belly up when the team got a new stadium outside of city limits? (keep in mind, you said there were "countless" this has happened to)

Answer or STFU.

The Missing Link wrote:
Easy Frankie Facade . "We" Know that the tough guy routine is all an act don't "WE"?

Dumb as dogshit! This doesn't actually answer the question however. Shocking!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I can’t wait for the Chicagoland Bears to turn a December home game against the plodding Chicago Jaguars into a track meet.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:02 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I can’t wait for the Chicagoland Bears to turn a December home game against the plodding Chicago Jaguars into a track meet.

2-0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The good news is we will be able watch all of this play out.
- The Bears will move to AH
- THe Bears will continue to suck

The bears have sucked for a long item and as someone who's been around season tickets my whole life, here is what happens. Dallas, NYG, Philly, GB, Raiders....all of these opposing teams have no problem throwing money down to watch their team at Soldier Field. I can assure you...they'll do the same in Arlington Heights.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:52 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
The good news is we will be able watch all of this play out.
- The Bears will move to AH
- THe Bears will continue to suck

The bears have sucked for a long item and as someone who's been around season tickets my whole life, here is what happens. Dallas, NYG, Philly, GB, Raiders....all of these opposing teams have no problem throwing money down to watch their team at Soldier Field. I can assure you...they'll do the same in Arlington Heights.

Stadium will sellout (not hard when you only attend 8 -9 games per year) but interest in the team will wane. Not only do Bears fans attend the games, but they travel as well Probably more than any other group of fans in the country. The NFL knows this too. A lot of that will go out the window too once they move to Arlington Heights.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Stadium will sellout (not hard when you only attend 8 -9 games per year) but interest in it will wane. Not only do Bears fans attend the games, but they travel as well Probably more than any other group of fans in the country. The NFL knows this too. A lot of that will go out the window too once they move to Arlington Heights.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:57 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Answer or STFU.

The Missing Link wrote:

Dumb as dogshit! This doesn't actually answer the question however. Shocking!

Hey Frankie Facade which do you I'm more likely to do? A. Answer your question or B. STFU. C. Neither

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

D. Drive to Hinsdale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
D. Drive to Hinsdale

This doesn't quite answer the question Facade

By the way anyone know if you can get to Hinsdale from Grant Park if only "30%" of your gas tank is full?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next