It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
a genius wrote:
But it still does not address the traffic and parking issues as well as the difficulty of building anything new on the lakefront.

That plus Warren's goofy "money-shot" quotes make me feel it is still all part of negotiations and that Arlington is still on the table.

Any stadium in the city of Chicago will be a lease....they OWN Arlington Heights. AH is where it's going to finalize. This is all negotiation. The Bears number of $60 Million assessed is laughable, but I guess you miss all the shots you don't take.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: John's
If the Bears are going to pivot off AH, they are going to lose a shit ton of money on that land. Oh and they just entered into the real estate business.(they can't even run a football business btw) This organization could fuck up a cup of coffee. If they sell that land, they certainly aren't going to get 190 million. They are going to take a 80-100 million dollar loss, way more than the quibble on the property tax difference. I'll be waiting with bated breath for Brick's next defense of this organization.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
If the Bears are going to pivot off AH, they are going to lose a shit ton of money on that land. Oh and they just entered into the real estate business. This organization could fuck up a cup of coffee. If they sell that land, they certainly aren't going to get 190 million. They are going to take a 80-100 million dollar loss, way more than the quibble on the property tax difference.

In reality, they would just develop it themselves. That's what Jerry Jones has done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
If the Bears are going to pivot off AH, they are going to lose a shit ton of money on that land. Oh and they just entered into the real estate business. This organization could fuck up a cup of coffee. If they sell that land, they certainly aren't going to get 190 million. They are going to take a 80-100 million dollar loss, way more than the quibble on the property tax difference.

In reality, they would just develop it themselves. That's what Jerry Jones has done.

One of those things is not like the other…

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:44 am 

:lol: In the end they are going to have to renew their lease at Soldier Field. Mark my words.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Caller Bob wrote:
:lol: In the end they are going to have to renew their lease at Soldier Field. Mark my words.

No, because the worst case is the Bears pay Property Taxes on assessed value of $160 million. They will still be shitting money. AH will happen eventually.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:23 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, because the worst case is the Bears pay Property Taxes on assessed value of $160 million. They will still be shitting money. AH will happen eventually.

If they are going to be "shitting money" why even hold the project a year over 10 million?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they are going to be "shitting money" why even hold the project a year over 10 million?

That's just how negotiations work. As I said, it took the Cubs four years to get a deal to improve a stadium they already owned.

Plus, why not give the city of Chicago and state a chance to write the Bears a $2 billion check for a stadium?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Because they are very, very dumb. Very dumb. Prolly cash poor and very dumb.

Kevin Warren is laying in bed playing candy crush as we speak, prepping for his negotiations with the various school districts in AH.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:30 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That's just how negotiations work. As I said, it took the Cubs four years to get a deal to improve a stadium they already owned.

Plus, why not give the city of Chicago and state a chance to write the Bears a $2 billion check for a stadium?

Grinding away over a tiny expenditure is a dumb way to start the negotiation.

They haven’t even approached the actual fight of stadium funding yet. That’s the battle here, not the immaterial penny pinching on property taxes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:08 pm 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

There aren't "negotiations" in property tax disputes. There are "rulings" and "appeals".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:08 pm 

The article posted literally says that the school district and the Bears have a window to negotiate the taxes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Kevin Warren is laying in bed playing candy crush as we speak, prepping for his negotiations with the various school districts in AH.

They have at least 8 years to go on a lease with Soldier Field.

They have plenty of time to negotiate property taxes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:26 pm 

Brick wrote:
The article posted literally says that the school district and the Bears have a window to negotiate the taxes.

The Bears have zero leverage vs the school districts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

The Bears have zero leverage vs the school districts.

Teacher Union supporting Bob has arrived. Sad!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:15 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Kevin Warren says the stadium needs to be on the lakefront so they can get the “money shots” on Sunday Night Football. What?

This guy is a clown.

He's not wrong. Every game shows the best part of the given city. What would the arial shot of Arlington look like? Canada?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:18 pm 

a genius wrote:
But it still does not address the traffic and parking issues as well as the difficulty of building anything new on the lakefront.

That plus Warren's goofy "money-shot" quotes make me feel it is still all part of negotiations and that Arlington is still on the table.

Parking could be structured... But that would suck for tailgating. If they were really smart, call the DNR and tell them the new stadium will be built on a man made peninsula on lake Michigan. Everything will be redone around it. Current stadium is the new tailgate parking lot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:28 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they had a meaningful disagreement I’d understand, but they have the keys to what could be one of the most valuable properties in the world and they’re arguing over peanuts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The McCaskey's will NOT get Arlington built, but the next owner will. The McCaskey's probably couldn't figure out how to fund the building of a multi-billion dollar complex without state help--which isn't going to happen. However, Virginia is over 100 now, so she's not going to be around much longer.

At that point, the McCaskey's sell the Bears and Arlington to a new billionaire owner (e.g. Mark Cuban), and that new owner has the smarts and deep pockets to get something built in Arlington, just in time for the Bears to leave their lease in Soldier Field.

But George needs Virginia to move on soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If they had a meaningful disagreement I’d understand, but they have the keys to what could be one of the most valuable properties in the world and they’re arguing over peanuts.

$10m a year is peanuts?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

$10m a year is peanuts?

It's the equivalent to $200 to a regular middle class citizen. Also, opportunity cost. This will almost certainly delay the new stadium a year. A new stadium that can hold an extra (at minimum)10K seats. Factor every seat can bring in revenue of $200 per game(I think that's low tbh) X 8 games a year, that's 16 million per year alone is lost revenues, just on the seat expansion. Not even including PSL's they can sell.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:09 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
$10m a year is peanuts?

In the context of the project, a one time $10m payment is a rounding error.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
IkeSouth wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Kevin Warren says the stadium needs to be on the lakefront so they can get the “money shots” on Sunday Night Football. What?

This guy is a clown.

He's not wrong. Every game shows the best part of the given city. What would the arial shot of Arlington look like? Canada?

Those lakefront shots can still be shown, if he actually cares about that he needs to be removed from the project. This is about economics, not TV broadcasts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
IkeSouth wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

This guy is a clown.

Uhm, excuse me...Mount Prospect will be the towering vista in the Horizon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
Warren has said the new stadium will be a dome yet he's talking about establishing shots on a broadcast? They have no leverage so this is what they've been reduced to. They just should just stop digging at this point. His image has fairly quickly gone from new sheriff in town to strange, egotistical, incompetent all because he's trying to pull off a very obvious bluff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:39 pm 

Ricky11Slade wrote:
Warren has said the new stadium will be a dome yet he's talking about establishing shots on a broadcast? They have no leverage so this is what they've been reduced to. They just should just stop digging at this point. His image has fairly quickly gone from new sheriff in town to strange, egotistical, incompetent all because he's trying to pull off a very obvious bluff.

The Big Ten deal he "negotiated" is now looking like a fugazzi as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:05 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

This guy is a clown.

I was watching a Hawks-Isles games one time after the Islanders gave up on the whole Brooklyn deal and moved back to the Nassau Coliseum for a while. Uniondale, Hempstead, something like that; Long Island suburbs aren't like the discrete entities of Chicago suburbs, they're more like vague zones of "census-designated places" and "hamlets," whatever those are. Anyway, for an establishing shot coming out of a break, they cut to a car-mount shot of what looked like a random main road in Palatine and it was the weirdest thing ever if you're used to the big aerial shots or the downtown scenes or whatever. And that's what I would have liked to see on Arlington Heights Bears telecasts: "brought to you by" slides and Football Robot over the Walgreens and Lovers Lane at the corner of Arl. Hts. and Golf.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:46 am 

Seacrest wrote:
$10m a year is peanuts?

Aren't property taxes paid every year?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Heisenberg wrote:
The McCaskey's will NOT get Arlington built, but the next owner will. The McCaskey's probably couldn't figure out how to fund the building of a multi-billion dollar complex without state help--which isn't going to happen. However, Virginia is over 100 now, so she's not going to be around much longer.

At that point, the McCaskey's sell the Bears and Arlington to a new billionaire owner (e.g. Mark Cuban), and that new owner has the smarts and deep pockets to get something built in Arlington, just in time for the Bears to leave their lease in Soldier Field.

But George needs Virginia to move on soon.

My initial reaction to this purchase was exactly that. It wasn't bought for the McCaskey's to build, it was bought for the inevitability of them selling when Virginia passes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 am 

Brick wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
$10m a year is peanuts?

Aren't property taxes paid every year?

They can re-appeal next year under different circumstances.

One of their big issues is that they wanted the land treated as vacant when it wasn’t vacant for the majority of the year. Next year that won’t be the case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next