It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darrell Mooney is a victim of bad quarterback play. Fields threw to two pass catchers for the majority of the season. That tracks with his reputation as someone who doesn't read well or make quick decisions. It's either Moore, Kmet or a scramble/sack.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Mooney contributed plenty himself to his shit season

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
veganfan21 wrote:
Darrell Mooney is a victim of bad quarterback play. Fields threw to two pass catchers for the majority of the season. That tracks with his reputation as someone who doesn't read well or make quick decisions. It's either Moore, Kmet or a scramble/sack.

Mooney is a #3/#4 on a good team, just 414 yards this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:38 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Mooney is a #3/#4 on a good team, just 414 yards this season.

It's hard to accumulate yards when your QB doesn't let go of the ball.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Perhaps if the Bears draft Williams at number one, and MHJ falls a couple places due to a run on QB's at the top the Bears could trade back into the 5 or 6 and get Williams and MJH. With all the money the Bears have to spend right now, a move like that could really jump-start this team into the future and be worth the draft capital it would take to move up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
man of few opinions wrote:
Perhaps if the Bears draft Williams at number one, and MHJ falls a couple places due to a run on QB's at the top the Bears could trade back into the 5 or 6 and get Williams and MJH. With all the money the Bears have to spend right now, a move like that could really jump-start this team into the future and be worth the draft capital it would take to move up.

I don't think MHJ will get past Arizona at 4.

If the Bears can convince Atlanta to take Fields for their 8, they might be able to package 8 and 9 together with the second round pick they got from Carolina and get back to 3.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:18 pm 

#8 for fields is insane.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:26 pm 

I can't see any way someone is trading a pick that high for Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:27 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

I don't think it's likely but when your option may be Fields or JJ McCarthy it becomes a little bit less insane.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:29 pm 

JJ McHandOff will go in the 2nd round to the Chargers. Harbaugh will use him to light a fire under Herbert's ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:
JJ McHandOff will go in the 2nd round to the Chargers. Harbaugh will use him to light a fire under Herbert's ass.

Zero chance. First of all, Harbaugh knows better than anyone that JJ isn't a starter in the NFL. Secondly, a major reason the job is appealing is the presence of Herbert. He will use any and all picks to fix the holes around him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:54 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Zero chance. First of all, Harbaugh knows better than anyone that JJ isn't a starter in the NFL. Secondly, a major reason the job is appealing is the presence of Herbert. He will use any and all picks to fix the holes around him.

Bob, Bob, Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hawg Ass wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Bob, Bob, Bob

He just can't help himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:57 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Herbert is expensive and becoming more and more expensive. They are going to have to get rid of Mack and one of their receivers (Allen or Williams) to even slide under the cap this year. If Herbert doesn't start beating the likes of Mahomes and Allen, his seat will get hot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:58 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

I don't think it's likely but when your option may be Fields or JJ McCarthy it becomes a little bit less insane.

So the Falcons would give up the 8th pick for a guy who:
was selected 11th
hasn't shown that he can ever be a top level QB after 3 years
will be in line for a big payday.

Kiper should stick to being wrong about guys in the draft since nobody remembers what he said a year down the road.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:05 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Herbert is expensive and becoming more and more expensive. They are going to have to get rid of Mack and one of their receivers (Allen or Williams) to even slide under the cap this year. If Herbert doesn't start beating the likes of Mahomes and Allen, his seat will get hot.

Let's say they do have to give up Mack and a WR - you think they'd burn a 2nd rd pick on a back-up at a position of strength? Or maybe, just maybe, they would use their early picks to fill actual holes on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Let's say they do have to give up Mack and a WR - you think they'd burn a 2nd rd pick on a back-up at a position of strength? Or maybe, just maybe, they would use their early picks to fill actual holes on the roster.

That’d be like drafting a QB in the 1st when you already had Aaron Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:09 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

was selected 11th

Kiper should stick to being wrong about guys in the draft since nobody remembers what he said a year down the road.

I said I don't think it's likely. However, if they don't like any of the options at QB at 8 then I could see it.

I also don't think Fields is going to get a big payday all things considered.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

Mel Kiper keeps on insisting that it's possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:13 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

was selected 11th

Minor quibble but I don't think a player's initial cost of acquisition (11th pick in Fields case plus one more pick because Pace) has any bearing on what it could/should cost to acquire him today. For example no one would say a 7th overall pick for 26 year old Tom Brady is too expensive since Brady was chosen in the 6th round.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:15 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

Well I hope he's right. Chicago fans though would want Poles to accept the 8th then package it with the 1st and 9th in a trade with Atlanta to reacquire Fields.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, because the Packers have clearly shown time and again that they have a plan. And this plan appears to have worked as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:16 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Herbert isn’t close to 36 is he?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:17 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No, because the Packers have clearly shown time and again that they have a plan. And this plan appears to have worked as well.

If by plan you mean to prematurely close their championship window then yes.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:25 pm 

LOL, i don't know - looks like they extended their window to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:30 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

was selected 11th

Minor quibble but I don't think a player's initial cost of acquisition (11th pick in Fields case plus one more pick because Pace) has any bearing on what it could/should cost to acquire him today. For example no one would say a 7th overall pick for 26 year old Tom Brady is too expensive since Brady was chosen in the 6th round.

Of course that's true. I guess my point was that Fields hasn't done anything to justify his original draft position and it seems like a bit of a stretch that another team would give up more value to grab him now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:33 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

I think it would only be possible if the Bears were throwing in some draft considerations as well along with Fields. Not straight up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:34 pm 

Fields will fetch a 3rd rounder, at best. End of discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:37 pm 

Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
#8 for fields is insane.

was selected 11th

I said I don't think it's likely. However, if they don't like any of the options at QB at 8 then I could see it.

I also don't think Fields is going to get a big payday all things considered.
Not liking any of the options at 8 doesn't mean you have to then use it on Fields. They could trade down, gain additional picks and still be in the mix for Fields with a more justifiable 2nd rd pick. Also, if they did use the #8 on Fields that would essentially mean they are going have to sign him to an extension. There are no bargains in the NFL for starting QBs. Maybe he doesn't get top 5 money but he won't come cheap either.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:38 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Fields will fetch a 3rd rounder, at best. End of discussion.

i agree with this in theory, but I do think some desperate GM with extra draft picks could float a second-rounder as a roll of the dice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next