It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Pace Scorecard
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The draft picks won't be that far off and having two second round picks helps. It's even possible they could get a 1st with them and then they lost a 2nd and 3rd two years later since Mack takes the place of the roster spot next year of the first round pick.

That's not how draft value works. It's weak rationalization.

It's ok to admit the cost to acquire Mack was enormous. It was. If he's as good as he's been it's still probably worth it.

It is how it works.

No, and you're not this dense.

The cost of Mack was all the draft picks. You don't get to just subtract an entire first round pick out of it and pretend it wasn't part of the cost.

You and me are trading beers. You have a great beer which you give to me. I give you three lesser beers in return. To have the same amount of beers I need to get two more. The one I have didn't need to be replaced and is better anyways so I don't see why it would be considered a net loss.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FF and I have a signature wager on the Pack.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
What's the wager? I'd consider options.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Kirkwood wrote:
It's not just "oh, fine, won't have two 1st round guys". It's won't have two guys on rookie salary contracts and whatever extensions or free agent acquisitions you could make to address team holes.

It's entertaining seeing Pace bidding against himself season after season for who knows why.

Well for one Pace was not bidding against himself. He was bidding against half the league to trade for him and it was established fact that whatever contract Mack signed was going to make him the highest paid non-QB in the NFL. Wound up costing more than I thought it would but still, I'm more than OK with it.

Draft picks are such overrated commodities. Maybe the most overrated commodity in North American sports. I'm not saying their worthless but the fact is most guys drafted in the FIRST ROUND dont even stick as starters. The 2014 draft is remarkably good and its still littered with busts and guys who have already washed out of the league.

I dont think its as severe as teams should ALWAYS trade their first rounders, but when an opportunity like this comes along (an opportunity which will likely not repeat itself for another 10-20 years) they aren't really the impediment they are made out to be.

The Cutler trade actually was not bad trade player-for-player value wise. Robert Ayers, Anthony Davis/Tim Tebow (Davis wound up being the guy taken with the pick, Tebow was the guy Denver wound up getting a result of the pick. Whichever way you slice it they weren't any good), Kraig Urbik and Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler...I mean I'd rather have had Cutler. The problem with the trade was that it married the Bears to Cutler for life and it took until literally last year for them to stop wasting their time with him (about 6 years after it was fairly evident he was not the player they wanted/needed).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:27 am 

Yet another year where paces first two picks will not be starting in week 1. That is a really bad track record

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:25 pm 

It may be unfair to downgrade him for choosing players that are perpetually injured but darn it, he sure chooses a lot of players that are perpetually injured

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm 

I dont know what went on with Daniels. First he was gonna play guard, then he was gonna play center, now he's back to guard and beaten out by Eric Kush.

I agree. The fact that his high picks never seem to hit the ground running is very frustrating. I forgive him for the QB, but other than that the only day 1 impact starter he's drafted in the first two rounds is Cody Whitehair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America wrote:
I dont know what went on with Daniels. First he was gonna play guard, then he was gonna play center, now he's back to guard and beaten out by Eric Kush.

I agree. The fact that his high picks never seem to hit the ground running is very frustrating. I forgive him for the QB, but other than that the only day 1 impact starter he's drafted in the first two rounds is Cody Whitehair.

And they have done their best to fuck up Whitehair by constantly moving him around

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm 

Long too. They are pretty retarded when it comes to offensive linemen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 pm 

Was Long at RT an Emery thing or Pace thing I forget?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
good dolphin wrote:
Yet another year where paces first two picks will not be starting in week 1. That is a really bad track record

He has not done a good job of drafting. And injuries aren’t the only reason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:06 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

And they have done their best to fuck up Whitehair by constantly moving him around

I still think the NFL’s tradition of drafting O linemen who played at one position on the O line to play at a completely different spot on the O line is perplexing. But a lot of teams seem to do it tho. I feel like this has pretty much always been a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:19 pm 

America wrote:

This year is the most damning of all. Both of these guys were supposed to be plug and play from Day 1.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
Is it possible that Kush has just been that effective? From all indications, Daniels is one hell of a prospect. It’s nice to have that type of depth on the interior.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
It may be unfair to downgrade him for choosing players that are perpetually injured but darn it, he sure chooses a lot of players that are perpetually injured

How many other defenses would you rather have than the Bears? When was the last time the Bears had this much talent on offense? Late 80's?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:40 pm 

The defense is great. The offense is not very remarkable. On a talent basis its no better than the Forte/Marshall/Jeffery offense.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:41 pm 

It has a lot of potential though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

How many other defenses would you rather have than the Bears? When was the last time the Bears had this much talent on offense? Late 80's?

Jags
Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Ravens

Should have a better defense than the Bears.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
When was the last time the Bears had this much talent on offense? Late 80's?

lolwut?

Not long ago, Cutler, Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, Forte.. and they went 5-11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
NME wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
When was the last time the Bears had this much talent on offense? Late 80's?

lolwut?

Not long ago, Cutler, Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, Forte.. and they went 5-11

This Bears offense is a lot deeper and Robinson COULD be nearly as talented as Marshall. It was clear Cutler sucked by the time Trestman was leaving and Forte was getting long in the tooth.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jags
Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Ravens

Eagles and maybe Vikings are equals with the Bears. Jags could be, but how much longer can Calais Campbell be this good? If he takes even a step back their front 7 is really not that great.

Rams and Ravens is nonsense you're just making shit up again.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:13 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jags
Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Ravens

Eagles and maybe Vikings are equals with the Bears. Jags could be, but how much longer can Calais Campbell be this good? If he takes even a step back their front 7 is really not that great.

Rams and Ravens is nonsense you're just making shit up again.

You're being out of town stupid on the Ravens, which isn't surprising. They were the 3rd best defense in the NFL last year. When Jimmy Smith gets back from suspension they are unquestionably more talented than the Bears on that side of the ball.

It's hilarious that you've been acting like the Bears are the only team with a good defensive player for the last two days.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:

This year is the most damning of all. Both of these guys were supposed to be plug and play from Day 1.

Yea its pretty bad. Almost worse that it seemingly has little to do with the players' ability and instead the Bears constant meddling or decision that THIS YEAR was the time to make some point about guaranteed money.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You're being out of town stupid on the Ravens, which isn't surprising. They were the 3rd best defense in the NFL last year. When Jimmy Smith gets back from suspension they are unquestionably more talented than the Bears on that side of the ball.

It's hilarious that you've been acting like the Bears are the only team with a good defensive player for the last two days.

A few nice players but nothing like what the Bears have. Hicks, Amos, Mack, Trevathan would all be the best player on the Ravens' defense with or without Jimmy Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

A few nice players but nothing like what the Bears have. Hicks, Amos, Mack, Trevathan would all be the best player on the Ravens' defense with or without Jimmy Smith.

It's cool, you only know about the Bears and nobody else. Most fans are like that.

FYI though, there's no reality based argument that Trevathan is better than CJ Mosley. It's not close.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
It's pretty remarkable how out-of-town stupid you've been the past 3 days, America. Bears fans are meatballs but you've gone above and beyond. Let's use your hand-waving of the Rams as an example:

Donald, Suh, Brockers, Talib, Peters, Joyner is fantastic group of headliners. Their linebackers aren't as strong as the Bears but that front line and secondary is nuts. Add Son of Bum as DC...FavreFan being totally silly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
It's pretty remarkable how out-of-town stupid you've been the past 3 days, America. Bears fans are meatballs but you've gone above and beyond. Let's use your hand-waving of the Rams as an example:

Donald, Suh, Brockers, Talib, Peters, Joyner is fantastic group of headliners. Their linebackers aren't as strong as the Bears but that front line and secondary is nuts. Add Son of Bum as DC...FavreFan being totally silly.

Donald obviously
Suh. lol what year is it
Brockers. ok
Talib. lol what year is it
Peters. fine player
Joyner. fine player

Obviously Donald is enough to propel the whole unit but on a player-by-player basis the Bears have a much better front 7.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It's cool, you only know about the Bears and nobody else. Most fans are like that.

FYI though, there's no reality based argument that Trevathan is better than CJ Mosley. It's not close.

Pretty funny you say that as the guy who thinks the gold standard for NFL linebacker play is Blake Martinez.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Pretty funny you say that as the guy who thinks the gold standard for NFL linebacker play is Blake Martinez.

Never said that. But saying Trevathan is better than every player on the Ravens is one of the dumber sports related things said on here in a long time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Never said that. But saying Trevathan is better than every player on the Ravens is one of the dumber sports related things said on here in a long time.

Equal if not better. I'm not assigning an individual score to each player. Trevathan is as good as anyone the Ravens are starting. If he were on the Ravens he may as well be their best player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next