It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm assuming you agree to a contract prior to the trade.

If so, a 2nd is a good deal. I've always liked this guy.

You like everyone from Illinois.
Cutler and Grossman were both Indiana natives. Might as well try another Godforsaken state in the middle west.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
hey don't slander rex! recently i saw that he and his wife run one of the premier nurse-staffing companies in florida, so when that inevitably goes national and just about every nurse has been vetted by rax grissman, inc. you might end up in a very "compromised" position if you are known to say anything but "rex was my quarterback!" =P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:52 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Keeping Jay without getting the future quarterback would be the worst possible move.

dude, jay isn't involved in the "worst possible move" scenario unless you're using him as an excuse to say that "WE MUST GET OUR QUARTERBACK OF THE FUTURE RIGHT NOW!" because, seriously, no matter what you do with jay it's only a 12.5mil cap hit, and barring some scenario where he goes out and has 4500yds and 40+ TD this year** and thus you go and guarantee him another 50-75mil+ [and then he goes back to being the usual "meh"] he's not going to fuck up your future to the tune of a "worst possible scenario" anywhere near as badly as, say, being so anti-cutler that you force yourself to get your quarterback of the future in this draft COME HELL OR HIGH WATER and then you end up setting yourself up to be bad for 5+ years all because you just HAD to appease idiots/haters who are mad because jay cutler isn't aaron rodgers [read: good enough to make a perennial 6-10 to .500 team a 10+ win team despite perpetually decreasing talent/quality around him]

seriously brick, i know you've got your bit with jay and god bless ya on that.... but at this point the bears have weathered "the storm" of the bad years of his contract, and because they did that they've earned the right to have beyond-affordable 12.5mil fliers on jay to give them the luxury of NOT having to go into a [sub-par]-to-bad QB draft like OMFG WE HAVE TO GET SOMEONE NOW BECAUSE CHICAGO IS SICK OF GAY CUTTHEAD!!!!!!

forcing yourself into a situation where you hitch the bears' wagon to a shitty young/rookie QB simply because you wanna get jay out of town = worst possible scenario.... for better or worse jay is just an affordable mercenary who can do a job for you and buy you the kind of time that he can easily afford from all the $$$ he got overpaid over the last 3-5yrs.

** = btw, if jay went out and dropped 4500yds+ and 40TD+ then wouldn't you actually have the franchise QB that you wanted? of course when i first said this i noted that it'd most likely be a 1yr/career-year deal and he'd likely go back to the guy we know you loathe, but still when i gotta sit here and say that jay going HAM to the extent where he earns a new big contract = his worst case scenario? man, at the end of the day the book on jay cutler = he isn't that good [and he definitely isnt what we all wanted him to be which, again, is basically aaron rodgers] BUT YOU CAN DO A LOT WORSE THAN JAY CUTLER!

Huh?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

I would rather have Jay Cutler be the Bears QB for another four years than have to read all of that nonsense, sini.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:04 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I would rather have Jay Cutler be the Bears QB for another four years than have to read all of that nonsense, sini.

yeah well you know, nowadays i literally go around the board making 24/25 posts in "normal" fashion and when i slip 1/25 "classic sini style" posts in there you lot line up to go LOL DAMN SINI SHURRRE IS TLDR AMIRITE GUYS?! [ISN'T IT GREAT TO BE NORMAL?]

it just goes to show that people made up their minds on me a long time ago and now simply look for the easiest means of "having something on me" to dangle over my head [in order to feel better about themselves]

anyways [something something] garage band [something something] i've had some legendary rap shows on my driveway. we're more alike than you'd ever care to admit, of course, i have to be cognizant of the meter ticking on my word-o-meter here cuz at a certain point people have their excuse to transcend me by default, and FOR SOME ODD REASON people seem to really want to have those... *mj shrug*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
nowadays i literally go around the board making 24/25 posts in "normal" fashion
Does.Not.Happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:20 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
nowadays i literally go around the board making 24/25 posts in "normal" fashion
Does.Not.Happen.

yeah, about that... it might be more like 9/10 instead of 24/25, but over the last ~6 months i've made a conscious effort to "blend in" around here more often than not; lamentably, the damage was done [via my prolific posting] over the years because nowadays if i made a quality post in the "proper syntax" it's basically ~95%+ ignored (most notably that time that i linked the new los pollos hermanos commercial in the better call saul thread) it comes down to the "politics" of who formally likes me or not as opposed to the actual quality of the post.

but hey i gotta give sjboyd0137 credit: once i pissed him off enough to say that he looked forward to the rainy day where he could accelerate heading towards a viaduct and send a tidal wave of dirty rainwater towards my home.... now he's one of the few (if not the only guy here) who will give me a speeps-style- :lol: when i legitimately knock one to the wall for extra bases.

but hey, let's not pretend that i didn't earn my caricature and/or admit that it's just easier to wait for the 1/10 to 1/25 TLDR posts and jump on me for that; at the end of the day you can tell yourself that you're "helping me" akin to rubbing a dog's face in the hot steaming load he just left in the middle of the kitchen floor... nor do you wanna give me any sort of positive reinforcement to my longtime latroy-hawkins-esque stance of "hey i can do what you do [post "normally"] but you can't do what i do [TLDR as an artform]"

anyways, i think i might have just liked myself enough ("TLDR as an artform") to shine the sini-signal up in the sky so the usual suspects might have to show up and remind everyone that i've got a grandfather. i better quit while i'm only this far behind, eh? =P

</NotMyBlog>.... even tho that technically belongs at the beginning of the post =P

Last edited by sinicalypse on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Cutler and Grossman were both Indiana natives. Might as well try another Godforsaken state in the middle west.

Bring back Jeff George.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Bring back Jeff George.

Guy threw the most impressive pass I've ever seen.

Had a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

No, sini.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Bring back Jeff George.

Had a gun.

Figures.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:34 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Bring back Jeff George.

Had a gun.

I'll elaborate. From the 45, he rolled left and then threw across his body on the run to the far corner of the end zone to Mike Bellamy. Somebody can do the math. It was a heave. The ball never got more than 25-30 feet off the ground and hit him on the hands. It was beautiful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Sini's first post was on the money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
ZephMarshack wrote:

Was just about to post this.

They were talking pros and cons of Janeane this afternoon and one of the first cons was that he had small hands. That right there would be the end of my interest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'll elaborate. From the 45, he rolled left and then threw across his body on the run to the far corner of the end zone to Mike Bellamy. Somebody can do the math. It was a heave. The ball never got more than 25-30 feet off the ground and hit him on the hands. It was beautiful.

213 yards at 81 MPH.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:18 pm 

I think the Bengals AJ McCarron is in the same situation as Garoppolo. Maybe.

Anyway...I'd take a REAL strong look at him. I think he might be a better option for the Bengals going forward than Dalton. Just my opinion. I'd like to see him get a shot somewhere....and he'd come cheaper than garoppolo. Plus...as Brent Musburger would say...."Whoa" about his wife!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:21 am 

America wrote:
I swear to god if they trade away #3 for him...

nobody is trading #3 for him

I doubt the Browns would even trade #12. In fact, my guess is that it is the Browns who are hot and heavy for him and the Patriot are using this as disinformation while they have the press's ear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Hold on!
The kid was a 2nd round pick in 2014 and he's spent the last couple years training under Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
Why are you guys valuing him so low?
I'm not giving up the #3 pick but I figure it ought to cost a #2 and a #3 or #4 to get Jimmy G.
He may suck and if he doesn't he gets expensive quick.

immediately, because you don't make the trade unless you have an agreement

You essentially lose out on the five years of low cost QB you get by not taking someone in the first round

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
America wrote:
I swear to god if they trade away #3 for him...

nobody is trading #3 for him

I doubt the Browns would even trade #12. In fact, my guess is that it is the Browns who are hot and heavy for him and the Patriot are using this as disinformation while they have the press's ear

WEEI and other Boston media outlets are reporting that Buffalo is willing to trade their 1st-round pick (#10) for Garoppolo. I think that's more disinformation but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I really hope the Bears aren't interested. Based on the little I've seen of Garoppolo, I don't think he knows how to play his position yet. He holds the ball way too long and relies on his athleticism to make plays. That's how he got injured.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
GoldenJet wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Was just about to post this.

They were talking pros and cons of Janeane this afternoon and one of the first cons was that he had small hands. That right there would be the end of my interest.

Hands measured at 9 1/4", or, right about the threshold of "small" and "average" hands for a QB.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Less is known about this guy than Matt Cassell, and Cassell sucked ass when he wasn't on the Patriots. I do not know how you can justify trading anything of value for a backup QB with very little experience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Less is known about this guy than Matt Cassell, and Cassell sucked ass when he wasn't on the Patriots. I do not know how you can justify trading anything of value for a backup QB with very little experience.

Honestly, my favorite now is that Jacoby Brissett is going to be good so the Pats can trade Garoppolo. Huh? We have zero idea on either of these guys. And I am willing to bet neither of these guys are that great if they are not on the Patriots. As you said, Matt Cassell.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
If this move gets made it doesn't happen until after the combine imo. The Pats will want to view the incoming class of QB's to see if there's a mid rounder (3rd or 4th rd) or even an earlier rounder like a 2nd that can replace what they lose. And if the Bears can pull this off for say -their 2nd round pick and some other picks- then it's a lock they trade down with the #3 overall to get back some of the picks they'll lose trying to grab Jimmy.

I'm ok with this. Especially since in my scenario the Bears could cushion the blow a little by trading for a late 1st round pick possibly and add some mid rounders as well from a team looking to move up.

The key is not losing that #3 overall pick tho.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:59 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Shocked there isn't already a 'Janeane Garofalo' parody thread.

What's the deal with brunch? And how come there's no linner, or lupper?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Matt Cassel comps to JG are lazy. Cassel was a 7th round pick. Garoppolo was a high 2nd round pick that had a TON of helium heading into the draft. There were even talks about him being a 1st rounder. His arm strength, quick release and athleticism were being salivated by scouts when he was at EIU.

Not saying he won't fall flat on his face when given a starters gig, but do better than Cassel as a comp.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Matt Cassel comps to JG are lazy. Cassel was a 7th round pick. Garoppolo was a high 2nd round pick that had a TON of helium heading into the draft. There were even talks about him being a 1st rounder. His arm strength, quick release and athleticism were being salivated by scouts when he was at EIU.

Not saying he won't fall flat on his face when given a starters gig, but do better than Cassel as a comp.

Basically it means that quarterbacks have advantages playing for the Patriots that they do not have elsewhere. Thus their value can become inflated.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Patriots appear to be keeping MY GUY around.

http://www.businessinsider.com/patriots-not-expected-to-trade-jimmy-garoppolo-2017-3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Just trying to drive up the price.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They'll clown people because they like Brissett more

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:05 am 

Either hacked or on the move: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1887 ... ia-buzzing

The Missing Link wrote: