It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Mack can be good for 4 extra wins and the Bears will still finish below .500. Nothing that happened last season or on this preseason has given me cause to think that Mitch is an above average QB.

Another genius who thinks he saw all he needed to see in like 15 preseason snaps.

He played nearly the entire season last year. He never got better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Mack can be good for 4 extra wins and the Bears will still finish below .500. Nothing that happened last season or on this preseason has given me cause to think that Mitch is an above average QB.

Compare the roster from last year and this year or just compare last year's offense to this year's offense.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
so much depends
upon

a (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wheel
route

Glazer now reporting
on

Kevin White’s broken
chicken legs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Compare the roster from last year and this year or just compare last year's offense to this year's offense.

or last year's best WR to this year's worst

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Another genius who thinks he saw all he needed to see in like 15 preseason snaps.

He played nearly the entire season last year. He never got better.

I've posted this a million times. Of all the pass catchers (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had last year only three are still in the league:

Dion Sims- a blocking TE
Tarik Cohen- a gadget RB
Josh Bellamy- Special teams player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:40 pm 

And to say they will improve 4 games on the Mack trade alone but still finish under .500 means you had them as a 3-13 team. Its kind of crazy to actually think they are a worse team than last year, even before the Mack trade. Another Bears fan idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
America wrote:
And to say they will improve 4 games on the Mack trade alone but still finish under .500 means you had them as a 3-13 team. Its kind of crazy to actually think they are a worse team than last year, even before the Mack trade. Another Bears fan idiot.

Before the Mack trade, Vegas had o/u Bears wins at 6.5.
I'd say 6 wins was a safe bet for the Bears before Mack. Mack just made the entire defense better. it makes opposing teams do an entirely different game plan.

Not putting the Bears in the Super Bowl but adding 4 wins for a player like Mack is not a stretch.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
America wrote:

Hyperbole, something I'm sure your trolling ass is familiar with.

I dont think the team is good though and I was ready for a 4-12 season. 7 wins would be a miracle. Playoffs would be akin to water into wine/walking on water/raising the dead.

All the Bears love is based on three unproven premises:

Mitch is good
His receivers are good
Nagy is good

Mitch did nothing in his time last season. His receivers include a guy coming off knee surgery, a role player who got to play with the 2nd best WR in football and a TE who's claim to fame is THROWING a TD pass. Nagy is coming from a system where the HC called the plays, not him, and when he supposedly did get the reigns he shit his pants in the playoffs.

Please feel free to bump this and laugh when they go 11-5 this year but I can't get roped into drinking the Flavor Aid this year. They've lost the benefit of the doubt for me after the last several years in the darkness.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
wdelaney72 wrote:
America wrote:

Before the Mack trade, Vegas had o/u Bears wins at 6.5.
I'd say 6 wins was a safe bet for the Bears before Mack. Mack just made the entire defense better. it makes opposing teams do an entirely different game plan.

Not putting the Bears in the Super Bowl but adding 4 wins for a player like Mack is not a stretch.
Yes it is. The league is offense based. Only a QB is worth that type of gain. Thus the OP still applies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Yes it is. The league is offense based. Only a QB is worth that type of gain. Thus the OP still applies.

Wow I must've missed that whole thing where Jacksonville almost make it to the Super Bowl with Blake Bortles. And Philly literally won the Super Bowl with their backup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
America wrote:

Hyperbole, something I'm sure your trolling ass is familiar with.

I dont think the team is good though and I was ready for a 4-12 season. 7 wins would be a miracle. Playoffs would be akin to water into wine/walking on water/raising the dead.

All the Bears love is based on three unproven premises:

Mitch is good
His receivers are good
Nagy is good

Mitch did nothing in his time last season. His receivers include a guy coming off knee surgery, a role player who got to play with the 2nd best WR in football and a TE who's claim to fame is THROWING a TD pass. Nagy is coming from a system where the HC called the plays, not him, and when he supposedly did get the reigns he shit his pants in the playoffs.

Please feel free to bump this and laugh when they go 11-5 this year but I can't get roped into drinking the Flavor Aid this year. They've lost the benefit of the doubt for me after the last several years in the darkness.

All this Bears love came from the fact they signed the best defensive player in football.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I’m not going to rest it all on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.. but yes, he does also have to be good/better for the Bears to make a huge leap.

The defense already being good is why I don’t think the Mack deal puts them over the top -but I will say arguably the 2nd most important game changer in football is a stud pass rusher. So, I’ll allow for the outside chance that Mack provides a spark that pushes the Bears to success. I guess it is possible.

Either way, I’m now at a level 8 out of 10 for the season to start. Hopefully we don’t come crashing down to Earth Sunday night lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

Besides Brady teams you typically need a top 5 defense to make it to the Superbowl.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:53 pm 

Nas wrote:
Besides Brady teams you typically need a top 5 defense to make it to the Superbowl.

The QB usually playes well on the teams that are consistent thru the season and make it to the SB. If the offense is really bad, the defense isn’t going to do it on its own. The offense will have to be at least decent -and most of that will be on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Nagy.. and the O-line

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

NME wrote:
Nas wrote:

The QB usually playes well on the teams that are consistent thru the season and make it to the SB. If the offense is really bad, the defense isn’t going to do it on its own. The offense will have to be at least decent -and most of that will be on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Nagy.. and the O-line

I don't disagree.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I just hope Nagy has turned him into as pocket passer that can throw a deep ball, running around and cutting the field in half won't get us into the post season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
I just hope Nagy has turned him into as pocket passer that can throw a deep ball, running around and cutting the field in half won't get us into the post season.

He's had over a thousand reps against a top 5 defense. That should help.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

NO question that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is still an unknown entity as a quarterback. He also will be affected by what I think is a less than good offensive line which is also badly thin. All that said, I am still pretty optimistic about how good (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is going to be.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:24 pm 

The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

NO question that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is still an unknown entity as a quarterback. He also will be affected by what I think is a less than good offensive line which is also badly thin. All that said, I am still pretty optimistic about how good (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is going to be.

Ease up on the the insider jargon please.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:31 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

Ease up on the the insider jargon please.

?????????

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
That was sarcasm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:12 am 

The Hawk wrote:

This is one of the biggest concerns I have at this point. They weren’t all that great last year and in the very limited amount we saw them in the pre season they didn’t look very good. A lot of the Bears offensive successes and failure will depend on whether or not this unit is competent. That’s why I was really excited about the Daniels pick -I felt like they added a very good day 1 plug in starter there. And that does not appear to be the case now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Peoria Matt wrote:
That was sarcasm.

:lol: :lol:

The Hawk is pretty much a real life, right wing Michael Scott.

Hey Hawk, does it smell like updawg in your house?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank wasting no time getting to the dad jokes :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Frank wasting no time getting to the dad jokes :lol:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:13 am 

NME wrote:
The Hawk wrote:

This is one of the biggest concerns I have at this point. They weren’t all that great last year and in the very limited amount we saw them in the pre season they didn’t look very good. A lot of the Bears offensive successes and failure will depend on whether or not this unit is competent. That’s why I was really excited about the Daniels pick -I felt like they added a very good day 1 plug in starter there. And that does not appear to be the case now.

Having Daniels on the team will no doubt help (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky grow in Nagy's offense. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky seems to me to be a perfect qb for Nagy to mold. Last year we had two simpleton's running the offense and they both did nothing to grow (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. They also had very little talent in the receiving corp. I like their offensive additions . It should be a fun season to watch what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am 

NME wrote:
I’m not going to rest it all on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.. but yes, he does also have to be good/better for the Bears to make a huge leap.

The defense already being good is why I don’t think the Mack deal puts them over the top -but I will say arguably the 2nd most important game changer in football is a stud pass rusher. So, I’ll allow for the outside chance that Mack provides a spark that pushes the Bears to success. I guess it is possible.

Either way, I’m now at a level 8 out of 10 for the season to start. Hopefully we don’t come crashing down to Earth Sunday night lol

That's also how I feel. I'd call it cautious optimism. Bear's fans have all the right in the world to be pessimistic due to the cluster fuck of bad leadership that management has brought in over the years. Thing is though, this Green Bay team is not the power house that it used to be. I think that they will miss the play-offs this season, especially if Rodgers gets nicked up. We will see I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:21 am 

NME wrote:

That's also how I feel. I'd call it cautious optimism. Bear's fans have all the right in the world to be pessimistic due to the cluster fuck of bad leadership that management has brought in over the years. Thing is though, this Green Bay team is not the power house that it used to be. I think that they will miss the play-offs this season, especially if Rodgers gets nicked up. We will see I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:05 pm 

Receivers matter way more than people give them credit for. Look at Rodgers the year Nelson went down with a torn ACL, the drop in stats was durastic. Lowest YP/A of his career. Lowest passer rating of his career. He barely completed 60% of his passes. Even his 8 interceptions would tie for the 3rd-highest single season mark of his career. Some of it had to do with the Packers useless OL, but they had a useless OL other years too and it didn't make Rodgers into a fringe-top 10 QB for a year. That year Rodgers had the same passer rating as JAY CUTLER and was lower than the likes of Andy Dalton, Josh McCown and Kirk Cousins. I know passer rating isn't a perfect stat, but DAMN.

You see this all over the place, I just used the Rodgers example to get another dig in at Packers Nation. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is nothing more than an average QB but Allen Robinson bounces back from injury to be the player he was at his best in Jacksonville and Anthony Miller does his discount Antonio Brown impersonation...(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will put up impressive numbers. I think Nagy will get Burton and Cohen cooking big time in this offense, but those two are just not talented like Miller and Robinson are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
wdelaney72 wrote:

The Raiders--with Mack--were not exactly world beaters last year. Would you say they would have only won 2 games without him?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next