It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well, I'm glad they have Fields "on the move" a lot since the team may have the worst offensive line in the NFL right now.

Tevin Jenkins gave up beer for pilates.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Seems like there's friction between Jaylon Johnson and the new coaching staff. They had Johnson on the second team at yesterday's practice.

Did they confuse him with Eddie Jackson?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seems like there's friction between Jaylon Johnson and the new coaching staff. They had Johnson on the second team at yesterday's practice.

I'm not sure that he is a good fit for this defense.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:44 am 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He has good ball and coverage skills. He can even play both sides. I'm not sure why he wouldn't fit.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the vets that are left on the team as they try to change the culture of the team. Heard Fields stuff yesterday where he alluded to teams bad culture under Nagy, which is odd considering all the "Bears Experts" kept reporting how the team had the best culture in the league and that Nagy had not lost the players, which was utter BS and an insult to anyone that watched the games and saw guys giving half ass efforts. If they run Cover-2 as base D it will require guys to be in the right gap and the DB's to be positioned accurately, no more of the freelancing or stat seeking stuff you saw last year.

The players got used to Nagy's country club atmosphere and grab ass (I know some people love it when I use that term) practices, but the new group seems to expect the players to be more engaged and will undoubtedly run more organized practices and actually expect the players to be able to run the plays they have implemented as part of the weeks game plan. There is a possibility this will provide an improved level of execution offensively, but given the lack of talent it may not yield results.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Will be interesting to see how they deal with the vets that are left on the team as they try to change the culture of the team. Heard Fields stuff yesterday where he alluded to teams bad culture under Nagy, which is odd considering all the "Bears Experts" kept reporting how the team had the best culture in the league and that Nagy had not lost the players, which was utter BS and an insult to anyone that watched the games and saw guys giving half ass efforts. If they run Cover-2 as base D it will require guys to be in the right gap and the DB's to be positioned accurately, no more of the freelancing or stat seeking stuff you saw last year.

The players got used to Nagy's country club atmosphere and grab ass (I know some people love it when I use that term) practices, but the new group seems to expect the players to be more engaged and will undoubtedly run more organized practices and actually expect the players to be able to run the plays they have implemented as part of the weeks game plan. There is a possibility this will provide an improved level of execution offensively, but given the lack of talent it may not yield results.

A culture change was definitely needed based solely on performance.

I'm somewhat excited to see what Robert Quinn will do this year. He broke the Bears single season sack record despite playing on a team that was behind in most games, didn't have Mack/Hicks, and had the worst secondary in the NFL. Not many people recognize how impressive his season was.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

He has good ball and coverage skills. He can even play both sides. I'm not sure why he wouldn't fit.

Bad shoulder, and the Tampa 2 requires more tackling from the CB position.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:21 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

If they can get any pressure on the QB you should see any CB with ball skills have opportunities for picks, but there is always that 10-15 yard out available in the space between that opens up in front of the CB's as they drop into their zones, a good vet QB with an adequate arm will hit that as soon as he reads the coverage, so you do need some coverage skills and size at the position, expect Johnson to fit, but it will be an adjustment for him.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You could cut his legs off at the knees, replace his severed appendages with a couple cinder blocks, and he'd still be a more capable corner than Kindle Vildor, who was playing with the first team defense yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am 

Josh Schrock tweeted that Poles really likes Vildor because he's got some of the most unique skills in the league, particularly his ability to move his head from side to side while reading formations.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 11:11 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Josh Schrock tweeted that Poles really likes Vildor because he's got some of the most unique skills in the league, particularly his ability to move his head from side to side while reading formations.

He's a nickel guy at best. I liked Duke better there.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Daniel Greenberg
@ChiSportUpdates
·
23h
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp said on
@dpshow
that Chicago Bears cornerback Jaylon Johnson was one of the best defensive backs he played against this past season.

Kupp said that Johnson challenges you and he doesn’t get the respect or credit that he deserves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:02 am 

Hearing them talk up the FA LB Morrow quite a bit, even heard Grote say he expects both him and Roquan to have over 100 tackles.

That would be quite a jump in production for Morrow because his career high is 78 and he never started for an entire season with the Raiders, who replaced him and did not re-sign him. We are also hearing the two top draft picks being talked about as not only starters, but as being productive players as rookies.

I am all for taking a sip of the Blue and Orange Kool-aide, but there is a need to tamp the brakes a bit here, at least until we see a pre-season game or two.

Continue to be pissed off when reading or hearing the suddenly available real takes on how bad Nagy and his coaching staff were last year. Everyone that watched the team knew this, yet we had our intelligence insulted each and every week by the Hub lead "Bears Experts" collection of goofs at good ole WSCR, cannot listen to the station I used to enjoy immensely anymore because I do not trust or believe anything they say about anything, once credibility is gone it cannot be regained.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
Reading stuff about how the first practices under Eberflus are markedly different than anything under Nagy with writers using terms like "ramped up" and "vigorous".

And apparently in violation of the rules.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-lose-ota ... tact-rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Weeding out the soft Bears.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Man the new staff REALLY hates Tevin Jenkins

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... -sgnf75AOg

Quote:
Ryan Poles also selected four offensive linemen in his first draft, adding a bunch of rookies to the mix. On Wednesday, the media saw one of those rookies getting a chance with the first-team for the first time: Braxton Jones at left tackle.

That change caused a bit of a domino effect along the line. Most notably, Larry Borom moved to right tackle, while Teven Jenkins was relegated to taking second-team reps on the right side.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:10 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Are you fucking me? I suggested this very thing in January and you wanted to argue with me..talking out of both sides of your mouth again, smh

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=127382&start=90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:12 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Reading stuff about how the first practices under Eberflus are markedly different than anything under Nagy with writers using terms like "ramped up" and "vigorous".

And apparently in violation of the rules.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-lose-ota ... tact-rules

Shades of Urban Meyer? Uh oh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Caller Bob wrote:
Man the new staff REALLY hates Tevin Jenkins

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... -sgnf75AOg

Quote:
Ryan Poles also selected four offensive linemen in his first draft, adding a bunch of rookies to the mix. On Wednesday, the media saw one of those rookies getting a chance with the first-team for the first time: Braxton Jones at left tackle.

That change caused a bit of a domino effect along the line. Most notably, Larry Borom moved to right tackle, while Teven Jenkins was relegated to taking second-team reps on the right side.

Really ought to read the whole article.

Quote:
But before too much could be made of the moves, Matt Eberflus was quick to point out that the changes were simply coaches doing their due diligence by trying players in new positions at this point in the summer program....

...While it’s possible Jones has had good days with the 1s when the media weren’t present, on Wednesday it was a bit of a struggle. He was beat on several reps by fellow rookie Dominique Robinson, and committed one false start in 11-on-11 drills.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's great to see a flexible and forward thinking coaching staff.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:04 pm 

Nah, it’s deliberate..they are sending him a message

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nah, it’s deliberate..they are sending him a message

Yeah, that too. Football has to be more important than beer for Jenkins. Especially after back surgery.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:03 am 

If you watch Braxton Jones tape you see a dude with incredible long arms and some athleticism, but you also see he lacks power and technique, he can get stronger and learn how to position his body better, but that usually takes a year of NFL level strength training and coaching.

Will not be able to tell anything about the line until they start contact and you can see who has the ability to play in an outside zone scheme with requires quickness off the ball and the ability to move your feet in order to push defenders laterally, it may turn out that neither Borom or Jenkins fit the system, especially at tackle.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
If you watch Braxton Jones tape you see a dude with incredible long arms and some athleticism, but you also see he lacks power and technique, he can get stronger and learn how to position his body better, but that usually takes a year of NFL level strength training and coaching.

Will not be able to tell anything about the line until they start contact and you can see who has the ability to play in an outside zone scheme with requires quickness off the ball and the ability to move your feet in order to push defenders laterally, it may turn out that neither Borom or Jenkins fit the system, especially at tackle.

Whitehair had a lot of great things to say about him.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

They're giving Justin every rep.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-just ... 18940.html

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Velus is making waves already...https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-b ... -receiver/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Seacrest wrote:

If he ends up being better than Pringle then they are even worse than predicted. And PFF has their WR’s dead last.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:02 pm 

Jenkins is a dead man walking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I'm not sure Eberflus realizes what a folk hero Jenkins became because of one after the whistle penalty. Bears blogs and Bears fans on Twitter love 'The Enforcer'. The Bears are probably going to be bad anyway. Keep Jenkins as a starter, but get Jones ready for when The Enforcer gets ejected for throwing hands in the 1st quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:20 pm 

Will see if he is right...

Olin kreutz
@olin_kreutz
By mid season we’ll be more worried about the Bears DL not the OL ……….. Bold prediction
3:15 PM · Jun 14, 2022

Olin kreutz
@olin_kreutz
LT- Borom
LG -Whitehair
C - Mustipher
RG -Patrick
RT- Jenkins

Bears best 5 with what they have now. When they roll this unit out at some point next year…. a lot of you will have to apologize
1:39 PM · Jun 13, 2022

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next