It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
He mentions not being able to talk to the McCaskey family. Why would they talk to him? That is the GMs job.
I would think its not uncommon that if a 'star' player is unhappy, the Owner or President might reach out on a personal level just to touch base and get a feel for what might be going on.

But the McCaskey's aren't smart and they run a terrible team, however profitable it might be. They might as well put a giant dumpster at the Arlington site and light it ablaze.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
He mentions not being able to talk to the McCaskey family. Why would they talk to him? That is the GMs job.
I would think its not uncommon that if a 'star' player is unhappy, the Owner or President might reach out on a personal level just to touch base and get a feel for what might be going on.

But the McCaskey's aren't smart and they run a terrible team, however profitable it might be. They might as well put a giant dumpster at the Arlington site and light it ablaze.

I wouldn't call Roquan a "star" player. He's an above average linebacker. Those guys don't deserve a phone call.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I wouldn't call Roquan a "star" player. He's an above average linebacker. Those guys don't deserve a phone call.

Normally I would agree. But given that George does Darnell Mooney's laundry and waters his house plants while he's away, I don't think it would have been too much for him to pick up the phone for Roquan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Hence the quote around star. He's their best defensive player. Its not about deserving a call or not, its about doing the right thing. The smart thing. The McCaskey's almost NEVER do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
It looks like the Bears tried to backdoor him which is smart considering he doesn't have an agent, someone tell this dumbass to hire an ACTUAL agent

Off the ball linebackers aren't worth 20 mil per year anyways

He hasn't really accomplished anything. He stays out of shape (struggles to breathe after every play), had an unknown mental episode a few years ago, and may weigh as much as Lance Briggs does after he signs his contract. He's not a guy who has earned a record breaking contract.

I would certainly be reluctant to make him the first key signing of my rebuild if I were Poles.

I couldn't agree more...

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-lb-roqua ... of-chicago

The perception of Smith seems to vary depending on who you ask. He hasn't earned a Pro Bowl selection from the voting populace, but media members holding All-Pro votes haven't shied from recognizing his performance. Pro Football Focus doesn't hold the same opinion on Smith, whom the website sees as a middling defender, based on his best single-season defensive grade finishing at just 67.2.

Chicago seems to be following the same logic with Smith, who is due $9.7 million in the fifth and final year of his rookie contract.

Even his peers have consistently left him off of the top 100 list. Poles is probably offering him a fair deal, but his opinion of his value is higher than it should be.

I predicted that Roquan being his own agent wouldn't end well. And here we are.

He's not worth what he is asking for.

His peers have made that clear.

He has no real card to play here. The Bears are in a re-build and can afford to let him sit and not pay him. And then franchise him next year if they want.

He has always struggled against the run, and will continue to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:17 am 

It is more difficult for a professional to negotiate with someone who is unrepresented than represented. Lot of mansplaining required and nodding of heads even when they don't grasp a concept.

As a kool aid drinking bear fan, roquan isn't the best player at his position in the league. He is very good and I'd like to have him long term but if he cannot recognize this truth, negotiations will be impossible. Then there are the questions about him, from the mental breakdown to the accusations to work ethic. He needs to understand that those impact his market as well.

We'll see. Bears can lock him down for the next 2+ years if they choose so he might as well get in camp.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:22 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
It is more difficult for a professional to negotiate with someone who is unrepresented than represented. Lot of mansplaining required and nodding of heads even when they don't grasp a concept.

As a kool aid drinking bear fan, roquan isn't the best player at his position in the league. He is very good and I'd like to have him long term but if he cannot recognize this truth, negotiations will be impossible. Then there are the questions about him, from the mental breakdown to the accusations to work ethic. He needs to understand that those impact his market as well.

We'll see. Bears can lock him down for the next 2+ years if they choose so he might as well get in camp.

So if true, there is the real reason for the back loaded contract.

AND IT SHOULD REMAIN THAT WAY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I don't think they should pay him 20 million a year, but he's not the 62nd best LB in football that's fucking absurd, he's a top 10-15 inside linebacker.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jeremy Fowler of ESPN polled several executives, coaches, and players around the league to gauge who they believe are the best off-ball linebackers in football. Darius Leonard led the way at #1, with Micah Parsons already behind him at #2. One would be prepared to see Smith nowhere on the list, but he was nestled at #5. The praise for him was high too.

“BEST OVERALL LB IN FOOTBALL IN MY OPINION,” AN NFL COORDINATOR SAID. “OTHERS MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY BETTER IN ONE OF THE FOUR FACETS OF THE GAME — RUN GAME, PASS COVERAGE, BLITZER, LEADERSHIP — BUT THAT KID IS TOP FOUR IN EVERY CATEGORY.”

WHAT HURTS SMITH? WHERE HE PLAYS. LEAGUEWIDE EXPECTATIONS ARE LOW FOR CHICAGO IN 2022.

“IF HE WAS IN SOMEWHERE LIKE DALLAS, HE’D BE CELEBRATED AS MAYBE THE BEST,” A PRO BOWL NFL PLAYER SAID. “HE DOESN’T GET THE CREDIT HE PROBABLY DESERVES.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
I don't think they should pay him 20 million a year, but he's not the 62nd best LB in football that's fucking absurd, he's a top 10-15 inside linebacker.
Hard not to argue.

Is this #62 ranking one of those times where PFF is good or bad? I lose track.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm going to blindly say he's not a top 15 linebacker. I'm also not going to call him the Bears best defensive player. Robert Quinn holds that title.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jeremy Fowler of ESPN polled several executives, coaches, and players around the league to gauge who they believe are the best off-ball linebackers in football. Darius Leonard led the way at #1, with Micah Parsons already behind him at #2. One would be prepared to see Smith nowhere on the list, but he was nestled at #5. The praise for him was high too.

“BEST OVERALL LB IN FOOTBALL IN MY OPINION,” AN NFL COORDINATOR SAID. “OTHERS MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY BETTER IN ONE OF THE FOUR FACETS OF THE GAME — RUN GAME, PASS COVERAGE, BLITZER, LEADERSHIP — BUT THAT KID IS TOP FOUR IN EVERY CATEGORY.”

WHAT HURTS SMITH? WHERE HE PLAYS. LEAGUEWIDE EXPECTATIONS ARE LOW FOR CHICAGO IN 2022.

“IF HE WAS IN SOMEWHERE LIKE DALLAS, HE’D BE CELEBRATED AS MAYBE THE BEST,” A PRO BOWL NFL PLAYER SAID. “HE DOESN’T GET THE CREDIT HE PROBABLY DESERVES.”

You just want him to be on the field to so you can watch AJ Dillon steamroll him again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:30 pm 

Nas wrote:
I'm going to blindly say he's not a top 15 linebacker. I'm also not going to call him the Bears best defensive player. Robert Quinn holds that title.

Pocket watching, so sad. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
He'll probably wind up in Atlanta with the rest of Ryan Pace's failures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Poles just had a short presser.

He looked blind sided by the disrespected accusation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Seacrest wrote:

As long as he didn’t cry again it’s progress.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Bears were doing Smith a solid by having him on the PUP list while they tried to work out a new deal. Now would seem to be a good time to take him off of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:21 pm 

Nas wrote:

He is without question their best player - on either side of the ball. Minimum top 10 linebacker in the league and I'd say top 5 for the upcoming season is within reach. You were feeling good about the D recently but without him they are bottom third in the league.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:27 pm 

he hasnt peaked and he keeps us in games... but could another player step in, do 80% of what he does, for half the price? probably. and if our offense is as good as its SUPPOSED TO FUCKING BE WHO CARES ABOUT A MIDDLE LINEBACKER

if i were poles, this dude is so fucking gone. but i would try to trade him as a superstar. why not, nobody would argue the guy hasnt peaked yet, and he is really good. we better get a 1st round pick for him, or aaron rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:29 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
he hasnt peaked and he keeps us in games... but could another player step in, do 80% of what he does, for half the price? probably. and if our offense is as good as its SUPPOSED TO FUCKING BE WHO CARES ABOUT A MIDDLE LINEBACKER

if i were poles, this dude is so fucking gone. but i would try to trade him as a superstar. why not, nobody would argue the guy hasnt peaked yet, and he is really good.

Who (besides Seacrest) thinks the offense is supposed to be good?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

if i were poles, this dude is so fucking gone. but i would try to trade him as a superstar. why not, nobody would argue the guy hasnt peaked yet, and he is really good.

Who (besides Seacrest) thinks the offense is supposed to be good?

He's not a middle linebacker.

Carry on you two.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:52 pm 

he was supposed to be. even worse.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

IkeSouth wrote:
he was supposed to be. even worse.

NO

WILL backer in the new 4-3 set up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

He is without question their best player - on either side of the ball. Minimum top 10 linebacker in the league and I'd say top 5 for the upcoming season is within reach. You were feeling good about the D recently but without him they are bottom third in the league.

He can only dream of a season like the one Quinn had last year. If he's a possible top 5 linebacker, your Packers should offer the Bears a 1st and a 3rd for him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

He can only dream of a season like the one Quinn had last year. If he's a possible top 5 linebacker, your Packers should offer the Bears a 1st and a 3rd for him.

We’ve already got a top 5 linebacker.

And your Quinn love will prove as prophetic as your love for Rex and all the other Nas legends.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

We’ve already got a top 5 linebacker.

And your Quinn love will prove as prophetic as your love for Rex and all the other Nas legends.

A Super Bowl appearance? I don't love Quinn. In fact, I was calling him a thief before last season. I can look at his play last season and appreciate how great it was. It was the greatest season by a Bears defender in a very long time. It doesn't get the recognition that it should.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:25 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:

I didn't actually see the press conference, but it sounded like he was either crying or struggling to hold back tears.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:36 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I didn't actually see the press conference, but it sounded like he was either crying or struggling to hold back tears.

Exasperated and defensive

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next