It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eberflus and Getsy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:28 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Several players quit on Eberflus on Sunday, but instead of yanking them from the game he let them continue to go through the motions which sent a strong message to the younger players on the team.

Really hard to sell your HITS crap when your starters at WR and OG are handed starting jobs despite not showing up for work during the pre season and then are kept in the game despite giving less than full efforts, a better coach would have yanked Claypool after his "lookout" block and gone to Carter at guard after Davis whiffed repeatedly early in the game.

His lack of leadership and preparation could quickly devolve into a Trestman type collapse and a very short NFL head coaching career.

He does however excel at making up football specific motivational speaker type catch phrases, making up acronyms for those catch phrases, and then giving goofy takes on football using said acronyms.

+1

I am not upset they had a bad game. I am upset how the pre-season was handled and more specifically how they let Davis and Claypool play. Sends the wrong message. You better deliver a WIN Sunday if you want to run your team like that. Not only did Eberflus not win the game, his team looked unprepared and produced one of the worst Bears game performances I can remember.

Eberflus lost the team and should lose his job.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Bears are the team that other teams circle on the schedule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
They even made solid halftime adjustments.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Poles wasn't a Warren hire. All these guys want to hire their own people

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a stupid son of a bitch :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
The McCaskey's do not grasp that their refusal to hire the right football people is what is going to make their stadium dream a political impossibility. Nobody wants to do the Bears any favors in Illinois, they are a disgrace.

Luke Getsy is a pawn though. He has nothing to do it this disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bend wrote:
The McCaskey's do not grasp that their refusal to hire the right football people is what is going to make their stadium dream a political impossibility. Nobody wants to do the Bears any favors in Illinois, they are a disgrace.

The Fields protection industry has Getsy in the crosshairs.

Guy isn’t going to last 6 games absent some remarkable changes.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bend wrote:

And why they should they? The state gave the Bears carte blanche to build a stadium with taxpayer money 20 years ago and they built one of the worst stadiums in the NFL that everyone hates. They're not entitled to do it again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
ShortTimeLurker wrote:
Bears are the team that other teams circle on the schedule

Always notice the opposing team when watching team or individual player highlight packages, the Bears will be the opposing team quite often this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Caller Bob wrote:
When trying to put the final touches on a billion dollar stadium deal, you prefer your team to not be the laughing stock of the NFL. Would not be surprised to see Kevin Warren to launch both Poles and Eberflus after the season

I'd say that there are more than one team that befits the designation of being a laughing stock. New York has two of them in the Bills and the Giants and soon will add the Jets as a three pack. I'd say that right now, the only team that looks very solid is the 9ers. For the Bears, this will come down to coaching. Needless to say it is going to be up to them to earn their money.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:08 pm 

The Man wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
This is Emery/Treatment level bad. You are living in an alternate Bears reality

No, you're just doing your Caller Bob thing. Emery and Trestman took a good team and ran it into the toilet. The Bears are rebuilding. They had virtually no talent when Poles and Eberflus arrived, and now they have some. They need more, but you can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel until we start seeing acquisitions and draft picks performing at a high level. That isnt happening yet. Add the awful preparation from everyone in the organization last Sunday and there is a lot more reason for concern than optimism at this point.

Yep. As you said, the keyword is, of course, YET.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
When trying to put the final touches on a billion dollar stadium deal, you prefer your team to not be the laughing stock of the NFL. Would not be surprised to see Kevin Warren to launch both Poles and Eberflus after the season

I'd say that there are more than one team that befits the designation of being a laughing stock. New York has two of them in the Bills and the Giants and soon will add the Jets as a three pack. I'd say that right now, the only team that looks very solid is the 9ers. For the Bears, this will come down to coaching. Needless to say it is going to be up to them to earn their money.

The Giants have won 4 Superbowls since the Bears last won it, The Bills have been in 4 Superbowls and won the AFC East the last 3 years - While in the same division as the Patriots . I would love to be that type of laughing stock. I will admit that the Jets are a bit of a laughing stock.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Josh Allen seems to have taken a slight step back, but how are the Bills a laughing stock?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Yeah that’s an awful take.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:35 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Bend wrote:

The Fields protection industry has Getsy in the crosshairs.

Guy isn’t going to last 6 games absent some remarkable changes.

Bullshit. Fields will be gone if he loses on Oct 15th

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:13 pm 

The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Giants have won 4 Superbowls since the Bears last won it, The Bills have been in 4 Superbowls and won the AFC East the last 3 years - While in the same division as the Patriots . I would love to be that type of laughing stock. I will admit that the Jets are a bit of a laughing stock.

I don't care what the past has been. Both the Bills and the Giants have played like shit this season. That is my point. It is ridiculous to think that the Bears should be considered the only laughing stock in the NFL. They lost one game to a play-off team from last year. To listen to a lot of you fellows, you think that all is lost. Quit watching if it bothers you so much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I don't care what the past has been. Both the Bills and the Giants have played like shit this season. That is my point. It is ridiculous to think that the Bears should be considered the only laughing stock in the NFL. They lost one game to a play-off team from last year. To listen to a lot of you fellows, you think that all is lost. Quit watching if it bothers you so much.

Ah, so that's your point. Terrible point. Bears lost to non-playoff team, by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
The Hawk wrote:
The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So the Bills (lost in OT) and Giants have played like shit this season - after one game. The the Bears are fine after one game. The Giants have struggled but that’s still a pretty rough take there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:34 am 

The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So the Bills (lost in OT) and Giants have played like shit this season - after one game. The the Bears are fine after one game. The Giants have struggled but that’s still a pretty rough take there.

You didn't get his terrible point. The Bills, Giants, and Bears are ALL good. They ALL were 'shit' after one game, yet haters fixate on the Bears and not Bills and Giants.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:28 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
The Man wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You didn't get his terrible point. The Bills, Giants, and Bears are ALL good. They ALL were 'shit' after one game, yet haters fixate on the Bears and not Bills and Giants.

Absolutely. The Chiefs lost and the nay sayers crucified them and predicting that they were done if they lose again today. The Bills skeptics are saying that they will never win with their lousy quarterback. The Giants are done in Giant fandom. Meanwhile, the Lions are awesome, the Cowboys are annointed the best in the NFL. This is the strangest season I've seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:59 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Several players quit on Eberflus on Sunday, but instead of yanking them from the game he let them continue to go through the motions which sent a strong message to the younger players on the team.

Really hard to sell your HITS crap when your starters at WR and OG are handed starting jobs despite not showing up for work during the pre season and then are kept in the game despite giving less than full efforts, a better coach would have yanked Claypool after his "lookout" block and gone to Carter at guard after Davis whiffed repeatedly early in the game.

His lack of leadership and preparation could quickly devolve into a Trestman type collapse and a very short NFL head coaching career.

He does however excel at making up football specific motivational speaker type catch phrases, making up acronyms for those catch phrases, and then giving goofy takes on football using said acronyms.

+1

I am not upset they had a bad game. I am upset how the pre-season was handled and more specifically how they let Davis and Claypool play. Sends the wrong message. You better deliver a WIN Sunday if you want to run your team like that. Not only did Eberflus not win the game, his team looked unprepared and produced one of the worst Bears game performances I can remember.

The mope who sucks right now is Getz. The play calling after they lost the lead was terrible. First of all, Claypool runs the wrong route on first down, then Getz does a stupid off tackle run and another stupid screen pass.. Get Fields out of the pocket you dumb ass. Give the kid a damned chance to use his mobility. Fuck Getz.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
The Hawk wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

+1

The mope who sucks right now is Getz. The play calling after they lost the lead was terrible. First of all, Claypool runs the wrong route on first down, then Getz does a stupid off tackle run and another stupid screen pass.. Get Fields out of the pocket you dumb ass. Give the kid a damned chance to use his mobility. Fuck Getz.

is this Getzy guy new? he reminds of the shit OC we had with Juran. I can't remember his name but he was afraid to call any pass play over 10 yards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
Caller Bob wrote:
Josh Allen seems to have taken a slight step back,

Where's Frank when you need him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
NME wrote:
Fire everyone, go get Jim Harbaugh and hand him the keys

^This

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Both of these lummoxes need to be defenestrated imminently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
stlmax wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Josh Allen seems to have taken a slight step back,

Where's Frank when you need him.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Crest you are without question the biggest pudwhack in Lake County.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What a fucking tool!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Eberflus praising effort in his postgame presser. This is professional football. Effort should always be at max level.

Its worrisome he is praising guys for trying hard. Thats high school shit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:04 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Both of these lummoxes need to be defenestrated imminently.

I don't know what cutting down all their trees will accomplish.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
What a fucking tool!

Everyone was licking their own balls in ecstacy when Moore took a screen pass to the house ( as well as that being a sign that Justin Fields had “ arrived” ) in preseason but now its OMG WHY ARE THEY THROWING SCREENS ???

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next