It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
All we will hear out of the Pats from now until draft day is how their evaluators like Maye.

The Bears should be balancing that by pumping up Williams to the world. Make that pick as valuable as possible

Why would they do that if they like Williams? Some people apparently believe he's a generational talent.

because they want to lower the price on Williams

How does pumping up Williams lower his price? :?:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Uh oh, the Falcons have been a shit show today

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Uh oh, the Falcons have been a shit show today

I was just coming here to post this.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bad news.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
What a shit performance from Atlanta

Unreal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Caller Bob wrote:
What a shit performance from Atlanta

Unreal

The weather here is fucking awful today, a quarter inch per hour of windy rain and temps in the low 50s before wind chill. The last place Atlanta wanted to be was on that football field in front of a high school sized crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

If the Bears end up drafting either 1 or 2 and then 5, it will give them a place in Atlanta where they can trade Fields. They may not get the Atlanta first round pick at 10, but they should get their second round pick and a conditional 2025 pick.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Only good news is the Panthers schedule is still pretty rough for them to finish out.. Pats might have one win left in them and Arizona is still technically 1.5 games ahead of that 1st overall so not all is lost here.

That said, depending how next week goes if the Bears win their 2nd pick can slide as far as 12th.. not looking good as I think the Bears could win out these last 3 games

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

If the Bears end up drafting either 1 or 2 and then 5, it will give them a place in Atlanta where they can trade Fields. They may not get the Atlanta first round pick at 10, but they should get their second round pick and a conditional 2025 pick.

I still think a smart GM could leverage a Fields trade this off-season for a #1 next year.. but we’ll see

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:57 pm 

NME wrote:
Only good news is the Panthers schedule is still pretty rough for them to finish out.. Pats might have one win left in them and Arizona is still technically 1.5 games ahead of that 1st overall so not all is lost here.

That said, depending how next week goes if the Bears win their 2nd pick can slide as far as 12th.. not looking good as I think the Bears could win out these last 3 games

Thanks this is what I was wondering. We seriously need to tank now .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
NME wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

I still think a smart GM could leverage a Fields trade this off-season for a #1 next year.. but we’ll see

That's crazy. No GM is offering a #1 for a QB who hasn't shown he can pass and is coming up to a new contract.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:47 pm 

Yeah no way anyone is giving up a 1 at this point for Fields.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

You just have to identify the Fields Cult member and remember in a similar position Sam Darnold cost a 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fields returns a 2nd at best, won't get a 1st.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas/CH ATL suggestion got help with today loss to the putrid Bobcats, sounds like even if the Hawks keep Arthur Smith he/they could be tempted/bullied into overpaying for Fields.

And if they do move on from Smith, the Eagles OC Brian Johnson who worked with Hurts a possible replacement and potential Fields cultist.

I thought Smith had 2 seasons after this left on his deal. Good chance Atlanta keeps him around for at least one more instead of paying the buyout. Unless they can trade away a HC to a team that needs an OC. Can you do that? Trade for a HC and make him your OC? Prolly if you pay his HC contract salary to be your OC I guess it might be kosher.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:59 am 

they play three teams still, at least nominally, in the playoff hunt. I'm a little concerned the Packers will quit on the road on christmas eve with playoff hopes at about 5% likelihood

Go, Pack, Go!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:01 am 

good dolphin wrote:
they play three teams still, at least nominally, in the playoff hunt. I'm a little concerned the Packers will quit on the road on christmas eve with playoff hopes at about 5% likelihood

Go, Pack, Go!

Jordan Love throws 5 touchdowns against the Panthers and walks off the field yelling PAY ME PAY ME!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Go, Pack, Go!

Green Bay has Carolina, Minnesota and Chicago remaining. They can realistically get to 9-8 and will be small favorites in these games.

Bad day yesterday for Chicago though. Carolina still has GB, Jacksonville and TB. 2 of those games are at home. They should lose these games, but I don't trust any of the teams they are playing.

Patriots have road games in Denver and Buffalo before finishing with the Jets. That's obviously a game they should be able to win.

Cardinals with Chicago, Seattle and Philly. They could win 2 of these games, but, could lose out.

Washington does have a tank game this week vs. the Jets, but then finish with SF and Dallas. This is probably their last chance to win vs the Jets.

Tough tank battles ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:20 am 

Carolina will beat the jaguars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

The Patriots should win Sunday and Carolina should lose by at least 20 points in each of their remaining games.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
RFDC wrote:

That just makes it even more evident that the bear's aren't going to trade Fields.THEY CANNOT BE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTNG A 2ND ROUND PICK for a guy who will be an all-pro qb next season.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That just makes it even more evident that the bear's aren't going to trade Fields.THEY CANNOT BE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTNG A 2ND ROUND PICK for a guy who will be an all-pro qb next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:51 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There aren’t many on this board that can make Bob sound sensible, but I will be damned if The Hawk doesn’t consistently do it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Hawk is a board treasure.
Thank you for your service.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:39 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NME wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

That's crazy. No GM is offering a #1 for a QB who hasn't shown he can pass and is coming up to a new contract.

I'd say that Fields breaking loose and throwing a TD pass to Kmet yesterday was a play that maybe 3-4 other qbs currently playing in the NFL could have done. By the way, whose fault was it that it took a great play from Fields to makeup for the horrific plays that came before his heroics?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NME wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

I'd say that Fields breaking loose and throwing a TD pass to Kmet yesterday was a play that maybe 3-4 other qbs currently playing in the NFL could have done. By the way, whose fault was it that it took a great play from Fields to makeup for the horrific plays that came before his heroics?

People should admit it was a helluva play. Maybe the top play from him ever considering the situation. A field goal there would be disastrous. But still, he is a thrower, a runner, and a fumbler. He is not a legit NFL QB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NME wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

People should admit it was a helluva play. Maybe the top play from him ever considering the situation. A field goal there would be disastrous. But still, he is a thrower, a runner, and a fumbler. He is not a legit NFL QB.

He played an excellent game yesterday including making some very good intermediate to longer throws under duress. It is interesting how noone even tries to criticize the number of drops committed by open receivers. Also, how can you say that he is not a "legit" NFL QB? I thought that the ability of running and expanding plays was a reason why the qbs of the Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, Titans, and Jags are coveted by their teams? Seems to me that the criticism of the performance of the Bears offensively should be leveled at the receivers who dropped 10-11 passes in that game along with the shitty play calling which surrounded it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
See Fields beginning to make more and more business decisions and sliding at the first sign of contact for the rest of the year, especially with the pairing of Whitehair and Patrick on the inside making any type of inside run game impossible and frequently breaking down in pass protection, Feeney and Ja'Tyre Carter must really suck to not even get a look at this point.

If you are playing the Bears you only really have to worry about Moore, can almost leave Mooney open because he can't catch a cold right now and looks to have given up on this season, you may as well use Mooney's reps to see what you have in Tyler Scott.

Would like to see more of Roschon Johnson, Foreman is solid, but looks banged up, Herbert also looks a step slow at this point in the year, so let the rook get some time.

Would like to see Dexter get a start, the kid is really coming on late in the year and he will be a solid player for years, but needs reps to develop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:44 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Doesn't matter because they aren't going to trade Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:52 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
NME wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Bad news.

He is a very accurate passer as shown in many of the passes he has completed over his last 4-5 games. ANd he has improved a lot over the last two seasons. He has shown very good decisions on escaping from being sacked and hitting the safety valve and open receivers like he did with Kmet. You are correct about his problem with fumbles. The good news is that he doesn't throw ints and recovers the majority of his fumbles,right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next