It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 132  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Clawmaster wrote:
One can almost guess which teams/agents are feeding the "NFL Experts" stories.

Falcons people must be feeding the "Justin Fields trade value is not what you think it might be" stuff.

Bears people feeding the "multiple teams bidding for Justin Fields" stuff.

Will be interesting to see what they get for him, but it would seem very difficult to bring him back when the best thing the Bears have said it that they "want to do right by Justin", not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Wondering if Poles and some random GM are finalizing a deal at a McDonalds in Indy, the NFL is an odd collection of freakishly large humans being moved around like pawns on a multibillion-dollar chess board by a bunch of sweaty men in Indianapolis.

I’ve heard it characterized as modern-day slavery. Only the slaves are making millions of dollars. but is basically the same thing

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:03 am 

I think the trade seems pretty obvious.
3rd round pick.
Upgrades to a 2nd if the Falcons make the playoffs and Fields plays 60% of the snaps.

That seems to be fair for both sides.

I think it needs to be a 3rd round pick or better or you tell the Falcons you are just going to keep Fields and trade him when someone gets injured in week 2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
No, there is no need to let him walk for less than the 49ers got for Alex Smith or what the Jets got for Darold. You can wait until the start of free agency when teams know if they have a chance to sign Cousins.

The Steelers aren't one of those teams. It's in their interest to move quickly, unless they want a Mac Jone. They certainly don't want Russell Wilson and can't afford anyone else.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
From Biggs article today...

Connecting the dots to where Fields could go is tough. I don’t view the Pittsburgh Steelers as a great option. Some believe new offensive coordinator Arthur Smith will want to lure Ryan Tannehill there because of his experience in the system. The Las Vegas Raiders don’t make sense. Offensive coordinator Luke Getsy spent two seasons trying to make it work with Fields.

Are the Atlanta Falcons an ideal destination? Offensive coordinator Zac Robinson came from the Los Angeles Rams and worked under Sean McVay. Getsy came from the Green Bay Packers and worked under Matt LaFleur. LaFleur’s coaching tree comes directly from the McVay/Kyle Shanahan tree. In other words, these are similar offenses unless Robinson wants to make some significant changes to what he was accustomed to with the Rams. But the Falcons need to do something to replace Desmond Ridder and with the No. 8 pick, they might not get a quarterback they want without trading up.

The Bears’ opportunity for a trade will be enhanced if the Minnesota Vikings manage to re-sign Kirk Cousins. That would take Cousins off a potential list for the Falcons. I don’t think Fields is an option in Minnesota if the Vikings lose Cousins. One well-connected agent wondered if the New England Patriots loomed as a possibility. The Patriots could be drafting a quarterback at No. 3. I’m just not sure there is a robust market. Credit to Poles if he has created one.

If Poles had an offer he liked — even though deals cannot be made official until the first day of the league year on March 13 — it probably would be public right now. My hunch is maybe the Bears can get a third-round pick for Fields, and if they have a better offer, they probably should shake hands and call it a deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Teams know it's gonna be a pain in the ass to roster Fields. They have to become a run first offense with tons of RPO and designed runs during an era where you win through the air. Not sure there's a lot of appetite to accommodate Fields' numerous liabilities.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
schefter on PMT friday had a decent observation.
Alex Smith went to KC for a 2 and a conditional 2/3 (was based on win total, ended up being a 2, so two 2's total).
Darnold was first traded for a package of a 6 and next years 2,4

so fields value is probably in the middle of those players, so the 2 and a 4 seems right. i think it has to be a 2 plus, no way they can accept only a 3rd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 am 

I'd disagree about the importance of "precedence". Poles can't refuse an offer of a 3rd for example and tell Atlanta that Darnold was traded for more. Atlanta isn't going to say well you know what, you're right, here's an extra second. They don't care and the prior trades don't matter. Fields' value is based on how bad a team wants him relative to other options in the 2024 market.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
I'd disagree about the importance of "precedence". Poles can't refuse an offer of a 3rd for example and tell Atlanta that Darnold was traded for more. Atlanta isn't going to say well you know what, you're right, here's an extra second. They don't care and the prior trades don't matter. Fields' value is based on how bad a team wants him relative to other options in the 2024 market.

Yep. This isn't a contract negotiation or even a HOF argument where precedent is a key element. Either there is a market for Fields where competition drives up his value or a 3rd is worth taking and moving on. I guess you could hope Pace has a say with the Falcons & negotiates against himself again like he did for Mitch. My guess is they have him tied to a chair with tape over his mouth until the draft though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yep. This isn't a contract negotiation or even a HOF argument where precedent is a key element. Either there is a market for Fields where competition drives up his value or a 3rd is worth taking and moving on. I guess you could hope Pace has a say with the Falcons & negotiates against himself again like he did for Mitch. My guess is they have him tied to a chair with tape over his mouth until the draft though.

The Falcons could get a 2nd round pick if the Jaguars resign Ridley.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:35 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
My guess is they have him tied to a chair with tape over his mouth until the draft though.

You mean through the draft.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
veganfan21 wrote:
Teams know it's gonna be a pain in the ass to roster Fields. They have to become a run first offense with tons of RPO and designed runs during an era where you win through the air. Not sure there's a lot of appetite to accommodate Fields' numerous liabilities.

You really are making yourself into a football idiot before us all.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:23 am 

fields will have a few good games a year, always a carrot, never a russel wilson, and not a lamar jackson.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Agreed. If there were a second-round pick out there for Fields, he would be gone by now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:14 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Agreed. If there were a second-round pick out there for Fields, he would be gone by now.

I agree with that but that should change with free agent market clarity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Maybe. It will take multiple teams with significant interest to drive the price up. Who are those teams?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

The draft being deep with quarterbacks complicates things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Exactly. Plus most GMs would rather take a chance a prospect with unknown upside than a veteran with obvious flaws. Draft picks are way easier to sell to fans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Exactly. Plus most GMs would rather take a chance a prospect with unknown upside than a veteran with obvious flaws. Draft picks are way easier to sell to fans.

Fields isn't a rough sell either. NFL players love him(for the wrong reasons) and there's a myth nationally that Bear fans are knowledgeable and a majority of those knowledgeable fans also side with the tough as nails Justin Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:00 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

We are in post Combine haze.

I think there is only 1 and possibly 2 Day 1 starters at QB in this draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

You think Daniels or Maye are going to sit? I can see 5 Day 1 guys. If you set the o/u at 3, I would probably take the over.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Maybe. It will take multiple teams with significant interest to drive the price up. Who are those teams?

With Wendy's surge pricing in the news, I think you can apply a similar angle to Fields. Right now there is demand for QBs but the supply outpaces demand, so it drives his price down. Once better QBs (virtually all available QBs are better bets than Fields, except maybe QBs outside the top six or seven best prospects) sign with teams, Fields price will experience a slight uptick but even that's constrained because Poles has to unload him before the draft no exceptions, and teams know that. It's like reverse captive audience - the general value of a can of coke is like 2$ but on a plane it's 5$ because consumers have no other options. So Poles will find himself in a similar position but as a seller where he's held captive by his timeline, so he has to unload Fields at a lower price that will be determined by his disadvantageous circumstances. The best price Poles can demand for Fields requires Poles to hold on to him through the draft but he can't afford to do that, so it seems like Poles will never be able to command top dollar for Fields due to those broader dynamics.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:16 am 
100000 CLUB

Happy Birthday, Justin! Hopefully, you find a new home soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:18 am 

Happy birthday, Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

You don't need to start Penix or Maye or Nix Day 1 to opt for them instead of Fields.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:20 pm 

Honest question, did the Bears misjudge the market for Fields? Seems I am seeing and hearing this more and just curious what y’all think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Honest question, did the Bears misjudge the market for Fields? Seems I am seeing and hearing this more and just curious what y’all think.

I don't think so. Poles had an idea what his market was from last offseason.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If Fields is as great as certain Chicago media members seem to think, then a second should be an easy get. The fact that they have yet to get a second probably means the NFL does not value anywhere near where Jason Goff does.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:28 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Shit happens is the answer. Who's supposed to know Bo Nix is possibly legit? You got Cousins out there, Wilson on a minimum contract. It's just a dearth of QBs that look decent to good to great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:32 pm 

denisdman wrote:
If Fields is as great as certain Chicago media members seem to think, then a second should be an easy get. The fact that they have yet to get a second probably means the NFL does not value anywhere near where Jason Goff does.

Fields sucks is the answer the cult is realizing.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

The circumstances favor buyers currently more than sellers.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 132  Next