It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Blows
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Hawk wrote:
I am extremely impressed by the discipline of both of the Bear's lines thus far. Very few instances of jumping off-sides like they did last year. Also, I have seen much better special teams blocking as well a coverage. Hope it continues.

I've noticed that too. That is a sign of good coaching.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nagy has drilled them well on offense. There is absolutely no confusion or uncertainty with those core players they have.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky definitely is in command of what's going on too, he just cant throw the ball. He goes through his progressions, finds the open man or the outlet and then...the ball goes wherever. Past 15 yards its literally anyone's guess. The accuracy is the issue, not arm strength. He made one horrible read against Seattle that definitely should've been intercepted, but other than that his problems were all about his arm. And we know his arm is physically good enough to make the throws so he has some mental block, yips or nervousness that is really holding him back. He still looks a little scared out there sometimes.

One thing he definitely has is a lightning fast release. Nas wanted a positive? That's a big one that I dont think has been mentioned yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

When he audibles at the line he generally gets them in a good play.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
When Mitch drops back, he jumps up and down with both feet like a bunny rabbit, when as a QB you're supposed to move you feet in place while scanning downfield. If you're jumping up and down, your not planted to throw and that might be Mitch's problem with accuracy and throwing for distance. He's not set all the time.

Don't the coaches see these things?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:59 pm 

They certainly do. But you cant make him do things in the game. You dont think EVERY WEEK with Cutler the entire offensive coaching staff didn't beg him to stop throwing the ball into trouble coverage? Of course they did. And he probably agreed, but the lights come on and sometimes guys are just going to be what they are.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Dignified Rube wrote:
When Mitch drops back, he jumps up and down with both feet like a bunny rabbit, when as a QB you're supposed to move you feet in place while scanning downfield. If you're jumping up and down, your not planted to throw and that might be Mitch's problem with accuracy and throwing for distance. He's not set all the time.

Don't the coaches see these things?

I am sure that they do. He's got happy feet. A lot of young qbs have happy feet. Rodgers had happy feet when he was a young qb. Here we have a kid that had limited experience in college and was not developed at all by Fox. To me, this is really his rookie year. He certainly has more good things bad things in his skill set.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 am 

Mitch is going to make a lot of people look bad in this thread by the end of the season

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
A lot of unnecessary (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hate IMO. What are a few things that you all like about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky right now?

He does make some nice throws, and a few of the overthrows are going to go away as he gets more experience. For a second year player, he isn't really that far off from where you would expect. There are full drives where he looks like the real deal. It's probably going to be up and down all year though.

I was thinking about your "first year QB stats are meaningless" thing. Is there even enough relevant history to say that?

How many QB's are we looking at when we decide that? Like 20?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I was thinking about your "first year QB stats are meaningless" thing. Is there even enough relevant history to say that?

Literally all of them. Pick 5 quarterbacks you think are great and look at their rookie statistics. There will be almost no correlation to anything. Keep in mind it is about rookie year production. Of course a guy like Rodgers who sat for 3 years before playing will be more prepared than a guy who started playing in his rookie year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Literally all of them. Pick 5 quarterbacks you think are great and look at their rookie statistics. There will be almost no correlation to anything. Keep in mind it is about rookie year production. Of course a guy like Rodgers who sat for 3 years before playing will be more prepared than a guy who started playing in his rookie year.

Who is all though? You're talking in modern times? Im not doubting it, Im just wondering if its enough of a sample size.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Who is all though? You're talking in modern times? Im not doubting it, Im just wondering if its enough of a sample size.
The sample size is as big as you want it to be. Just choose 5 quarterbacks who you hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky becomes and look at what their rookie year was. They likely either didn't play much, or were average at best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The sample size is as big as you want it to be. Just choose 5 quarterbacks who you hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky becomes and look at what their rookie year was. They likely either didn't play much, or were average at best.

Tom Brady

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Tom Brady
1/3 6 yards 0 touchdowns 0 interceptions.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Tom Brady

Russell Wilson

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Do you not get what Im saying here?

If it's based on 5 guys or even 20 guys, it's not enough to say it's a thing.

Roethlisberger was good right away.

You often said the rookie year has no bearing. Im not sure that's true. Of course most QB's improve from their rookie year, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:26 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

You often said the rookie year has no bearing. Im not sure that's true. Of course most QB's improve from their rookie year, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless.

Wilson, Ben, and Cam all had very good rookie years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Russ Wilson was good immediately, Dan Marino, Cam Newton.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 am 

Yea but plenty of guys who start strong flame out and wind up being shit. Or just kind of fade into being less than what you thought. What about Jay Cutler or Marcus Mariota?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 am 

Remember when Dak Prescott was talked about as an MVP candidate lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 am 

America wrote:

:lol:

I still think Dak is salvageable. Scott Linehan is a fucking joke and Jerry Jones or whoever the GM in name only is hasn't done much to help him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: John's
America wrote:

I was an early bird in terms of shorting the Dak Prescott stock
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=108656

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:
Yea but plenty of guys who start strong flame out and wind up being shit. Or just kind of fade into being less than what you thought. What about Jay Cutler or Marcus Mariota?

Sure Andy Dalton and RG3 came out great and faded. I watched Wentz his rookie year and knew he'd be very good.. Good pocket presence and he threw a nice deep ball, lotta downfield throws.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It is based on every quarterback that has ever existed. Of course some were good their rookie year. You also have Andy Dalton, RGIII, Mike Glennon and a bunch of other guys who had good rookie seasons and it didn't mean much.

To put it another way, these guys either didn't play or weren't very good their rookie year.
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Elway
Warner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It is based on every quarterback that has ever existed. Of course some were good their rookie year. You also have Andy Dalton, RGIII, Mike Glennon and a bunch of other guys who had good rookie seasons and it didn't mean much.

To put it another way, these guys either didn't play or weren't very good their rookie year.
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Elway
Warner

Rookie years are not meaningless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

I still think Dak is salvageable. Scott Linehan is a fucking joke and Jerry Jones or whoever the GM in name only is hasn't done much to help him.

Linehan has been the offensive coordinator since 2015, well puppet OC, since Garrett calls the plays, but whatever, these are the same coaches Prescott had as a rookie when everyone was in love. So all of a sudden, now, it's the coaching?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:38 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=108656

You were off on the Glennon comp but the Josh Freeman comp is interesting.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
America wrote:

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=108656

You were off on the Glennon comp but the Josh Freeman comp is interesting.

The Freeman fall was due to a mental illness wasn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

Linehan has been the offensive coordinator since 2015, well puppet OC, since Garrett calls the plays, but whatever, these are the same coaches Prescott had as a rookie when everyone was in love. So all of a sudden, now, it's the coaching?

It's always been the coaching. If you have five All World linemen and a great RB the playcalling doesn't really matter. Now it does.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

It's always been the coaching. If you have five All World linemen and a great RB the playcalling doesn't really matter. Now it does.

So it's the players. Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Rookie years are not meaningless.
In terms of being predictive of who is going to be good long term and who isn't they are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1686 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 57  Next