It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 132  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
NME wrote:
Let me put it another way: The coaching is worse than Fields is.

That’s not absolving Fields of some if his own mistakes, he’s made plenty -as a Rookie- but this coaching staff is clown shoe from top to bottom.

Coaching matters. Having a competent game plan and actual strategy that shows you understand your opponent matters. And the Bears do not have any of that.

I think the first fields interception was a good example of what you are talking about. Fields definitely stared down his receiver on that play and was a bit slow to release the ball.

But the play selection itself strikes me as bizarre. The ball was snapped from the right hash mark and thrown at a depth of 8-9 yards to the left sideline. That means the ball traveled something like 35 yards in the air but the vast majority of that distance was lateral. Calling that kind of play is a recipe for disaster because it fails to push the defender downfield and gives him ample time to recover if he is beaten at the line. The shallow route/long throw combination is a de facto invitation to intercept the ball and run it back for a touchdown.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:

That’s not absolving Fields of some if his own mistakes, he’s made plenty -as a Rookie- but this coaching staff is clown shoe from top to bottom.

Coaching matters. Having a competent game plan and actual strategy that shows you understand your opponent matters. And the Bears do not have any of that.

I think the first fields interception was a good example of what you are talking about. Fields definitely stared down his receiver on that play and was a bit slow to release the ball.

But the play selection itself strikes me as bizarre. The ball was snapped from the right hash mark and thrown at a depth of 8-9 yards to the left sideline. That means the ball traveled something like 35 yards in the air but the vast majority of that distance was lateral. Calling that kind of play is a recipe for disaster because it fails to push the defender downfield and gives him ample time to recover if he is beaten at the line. The shallow route/long throw combination is a de facto invitation to intercept the ball and run it back for a touchdown.

The fact that the new plays that the Bears sprinkle in look far better than their regular offense is another sign that the playbook should be burned.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:

As me and many others have pointed out, he needs to play faster, even in his running (seemingly turned a corner in running at Pitt but was playing slower again yesterday).

Either he was coached up or saw the tape and realized that NFL d-linemen will run him down if he hesitates, but when he ran yesterday he just pulled the ball down and took off; which is more effective in terms of picking up yards on the ground but does over time signal to the defense they can immediately drop off out of coverage and chase when he's in running mode + potentially leave last second down-field completions on the table. But at this point if Fields is gonna run, just run. Fields doesn't have Mahomes/Wilson's elusiveness to scramble around and play cat and mouse with the defense until the last second and maybe pull a long-completion out of their ass at the line of scrimmage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:36 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Fields is fast but he's not elusive.

His biggest gains are when the D takes a bad angle because he's running faster than it looks. That works better when he runs outside.

But his running has generally looked good even inside. As long as he doesn't get murdered doing it but he's sliding effectively.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

As me and many others have pointed out, he needs to play faster, even in his running (seemingly turned a corner in running at Pitt but was playing slower again yesterday).

Either he was coached up or saw the tape and realized that NFL d-linemen will run him down if he hesitates, but when he ran yesterday he just pulled the ball down and took off; which is more effective in terms of picking up yards on the ground but does over time signal to the defense they can immediately drop off out of coverage and chase when he's in running mode + potentially leave last second down-field completions on the table. But at this point if Fields is gonna run, just run. Fields doesn't have Mahomes/Wilson's elusiveness to scramble around and play cat and mouse with the defense until the last second and maybe pull a long-completion out of their ass at the line of scrimmage.

When Fields is decisive when it comes to deciding to run, he looks really good. He's also shown that he has the ability to make special throws too. He's struggling with the basic throws though. Not really the Mahomes/Wilson/Rodgers throws.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:41 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nas wrote:
He's also shown that he has the ability to make special throws too. He's struggling with the basic throws though. Not really the Mahomes/Wilson/Rodgers throws.

I think that's timing and repetition. I agree he does need to "play faster".

Give him a full off-season and let's see what happens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Should the Bears go after Josh McDaniels?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:51 am 
100000 CLUB

GoldenJet wrote:

I like what he's done with Mac, but I would pass. I wouldn't want to give him for control of the roster and I can't forget his time in Denver. The Belichick tree sucks too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:

I agree with all of this but even with everything said here, if Fields throws that ball further toward the sideline it's an easy first down catch. Not only did he stare down the receiver, but the ball was terribly underthrown. You might be able to get away with one or the other on a given play, you're rarely going to get away with both on the same play.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
NME wrote:

I agree with all of this but even with everything said here, if Fields throws that ball further toward the sideline it's an easy first down catch. Not only did he stare down the receiver, but the ball was terribly underthrown. You might be able to get away with one or the other on a given play, you're rarely going to get away with both on the same play.

His velocity was down all game, likely due to the rib injury. This makes the play call even more bizarre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

Right, I agree. It's clear Fields was not 100%. But still it's another example of a poor play call and poor execution combining for disaster.

The poor execution with a rookie quarterback can be excused if not expected. Year after year after year of terrible coaching should not be acceptable. But it is for this clown Organization for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:06 am 

Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I like what he's done with Mac, but I would pass. I wouldn't want to give him for control of the roster and I can't forget his time in Denver. The Belichick tree sucks too.

overly comprehensive list of potential Nagy replacements:

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/12/11/chicago-bears-fire-matt-nagy-rumors-head-coaching-candidates-stock-report/

Moore/Leftwich/Roman are probably the best choices for developing Fields. Leslie Frazier? Wasn't he terrible at Minnesota. Then again, Belichick wasn't great his first HC gig with the Browns. I don't think you gain anything going after the Packers OC, offense is LaFleur's thing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:19 am 
100000 CLUB

Hussra wrote:
Nas wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

overly comprehensive list of potential Nagy replacements:

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/12/11/chicago-bears-fire-matt-nagy-rumors-head-coaching-candidates-stock-report/

Moore/Leftwich/Roman are probably the best choices for developing Fields. Leslie Frazier? Wasn't he terrible at Minnesota. Then again, Belichick wasn't great his first HC gig with the Browns. I don't think you gain anything going after the Packers OC, offense is LaFleur's thing.

I love the youth of Moore, but I would love it more if he came from the nut sack of NFL royalty or was the son of an NFL lifer. I don't know what to make of Leftwich. Coaching someone like Brady is definitely challenging and probably makes you a better play caller, but I'm not sure if he's ready to coach a team. I'm a no on Frazier and Roman.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Said it in a different thread: don't want an OC who's famous just because his QB is good. Give me someone with a more obvious mark on the offense.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:30 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Said it in a different thread: don't want an OC who's famous just because his QB is good. Give me someone with a more obvious mark on the offense.

Looking through that list that Hussra shared, John Harbaugh is probably the only guy that I would feel somewhat confident in with our offense outside of the Sean Payton dream.

Does Dave Toub do it for you? He's a good coach, but he would essentially be playing the roll of Jim Harbaugh. I could possibly be sold on him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:36 am 

veganfan21 wrote:

Moore managed to get more production-not-necessarily-W's out of a Dalton led offense last season without Dak than Nagy's done with the red one. Moore even made Cooper MAC Rush look like a real NFL QB in prime-time against the Vikings this season (although it was the Vikings). Maybe Moore has a thing for getting the most out of ginger QBs. Bears will probably go (i) safe and (ii) defense this time anyhow, Dan Quinn, come on down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Remember Al and Cris getting squishy about how Rodgers looked left and then looks right but came back to the clear release in the middle?

It’s because he’s so good at looking around.

I found it funny that later in the game, Aaron stared a hole through Davonte before hitting him in the end zone. The difference? Adams made two nifty moves in sequence and went from double covered to open.

I think the kid will be ok. His OL is terrible, and his WR are really, really bad. His best option would be a speed guy on a competitive team. Bear in mind what Mahomes, Watson and Herbert had and have for WR. I think he's better than Hurts, which is a guy who also has lousy talent around him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:55 am 

Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Looking through that list that Hussra shared, John Harbaugh is probably the only guy that I would feel somewhat confident in with our offense outside of the Sean Payton dream.

Does Dave Toub do it for you? He's a good coach, but he would essentially be playing the roll of Jim Harbaugh. I could possibly be sold on him.

Toub does it for me.

He has always been innovative as an STC. He takes players and coaches them up into pro bowl level ST players. He's a veteran who has served under two great coaches (one offensive minded and one defensive). His time in the league should provide him with a wealth of contacts for coordinators. I think he'd be really good as a chairman type of HC, which is ultimately what that position is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

He had almost nothing to do with Mahomes and his development. Nor did he really call plays for KC.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:01 pm 

I am with dolphin. I have always thought Toub deserved a chance and would do a good job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:32 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
I am with dolphin. I have always thought Toub deserved a chance and would do a good job.

My only concern with Toub would be him hiring a great offensive coach and then losing that coach in a couple of years. I should probably worry about that at a later date.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:34 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

My only concern with Toub would be him hiring a great offensive coach and then losing that coach in a couple of years. I should probably worry about that at a later date.

Well with where things have been over the last decade I would think that would be a great problem to have. And if Toub hired a great person the 1st time, I would think he could be trusted to find the next guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Toub has interviewed MANY times NFL team thought he was the guy he would have been a head coach by now. I think there's a reason he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Toub has interviewed MANY times NFL team thought he was the guy he would have been a head coach by now. I think there's a reason he hasn't gotten a chance yet.

Maybe he's the next Thibs!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I think it's more about him not being an offensive or defensive coach. We want experts on one side of the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Why not Roman when he's had success with Jackson who is similar to Fields? Especially Jackson's leap from year 1 to year 2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Wasn't that the thinking with John Fox? I seem to recall people saying not only would he bring back professionalism and respect to the job that had become a joke under Trestman, but also that he wouldn't feel threatened by hiring coordinators who would be in line to be promoted when he decided to retire.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

August Schell wrote:
Why not Roman when he's had success with Jackson who is similar to Fields? Especially Jackson's leap from year 1 to year 2.

Roman doesn’t exactly coach the thing that Jackson is great at. Fields doesn’t have Jackson's running ability either. As a quarterback, I can't say that Jackson has improved dramatically.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
It’s Harbaugh. Not Toub, not Roman..

Harbaugh.

He checks every box -proven track record in the NFL as a coach. Made both Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick look serviceable.. knows how to identify coaching talent.. has history with this franchise.. understands the rivalry with the Packers. And he’s a spaz.

He’s perfect for this job. It’s insane that anyone else would be considered over him at this point.

George, Virginia, Teddy.. Go. Get. Jim. Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:51 pm 

Good time for Harbaugh to move on from Michigan, he's achieved all he's going to achieve there, beating Ohio State one time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 132  Next