It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:42 pm 

Paw has peaked. He has to play out his mind to be effective.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
veganfan21 wrote:
I have no opinion on this until I've heard from Keyshawn Johnson
Hmmm Let's See. HOF Receiver Who Has Seen and Played With Many A QB and gets paid to give his opinion versus the dude who receives his football information from Brogue and Caller Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:01 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I thought Michael Jordan formally killed the idea that ex-star athletes know anything about talent evaluation.

If its Keyshawn Johnson or a bunch of CFMB posters who live to "troll" and do nothing but engage in "consensus" speak all the time, then I'm rolling with Keyshawn every day of the week. Particularly given that he happens to be trashing a guy from his own college as he is doing the "analyzing". You dudes don't even have the "courage" to state that Jorr or anyone else of a "like mind" is wrong even when its evident that they are.

I could give you a page of non csfmb posters who think highly of williams.
And 70% of Chicago thinks highly of Fields and want the Bears to retain him. Strangely they are referred by the CSFMB football gurus affectionately as the "Fields Cult" while they ironically speaking, believe that they are "objective" football fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Hmmm Let's See. HOF Receiver Who Has Seen and Played With Many A QB and gets paid to give his opinion versus the dude who receives his football information from Brogue and Caller Bob.
I'm also guessing some of the take by Keyshawn is because he thinks WR's are more valuable than QB's because of the position he played.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I thought Michael Jordan formally killed the idea that ex-star athletes know anything about talent evaluation.

If its Keyshawn Johnson or a bunch of CFMB posters who live to "troll" and do nothing but engage in "consensus" speak all the time, then I'm rolling with Keyshawn every day of the week. Particularly given that he happens to be trashing a guy from his own college as he is doing the "analyzing". You dudes don't even have the "courage" to state that Jorr or anyone else of a "like mind" is wrong even when its evident that they are.

I could give you a page of non csfmb posters who think highly of williams.
And 70% of Chicago thinks highly of Fields and want the Bears to retain him. Strangely they are referred by the CSFMB football gurus affectionately as the "Fields Cult" while they ironically speaking, believe that they are "objective" football fans.

What "objective" data do you have to support the idea that Fields is good?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He said his "data" is "Keyshawn Johnson"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:33 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I take info from statistical performance. We already went over this. Respond to this or take the L, bro.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=131319&start=30#p4001248

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Caleb Williams will be the pick. My source is Sandy Koufax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This entire time with the first pick should be enjoyable. Alas, some here have to shit on it rather than appreciate the great Caleb will soon be here to make some forget about marginal but talented Justin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:51 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I take info from statistical performance. We already went over this. Respond to this or take the L, bro.

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p4001248

Command He Says! I will do know such thing. I will just simply allow the process to play out. I trust the word of a multi time Pro Bowler and others that played the game as opposed to some Anonymous Yahoo On the internet. A Yahoo that lives to "troll" it up on the internet with his message board "guys". Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:57 pm 

So a statistical summary is somehow "trolling"? :lol: You honestly sound out of your depth here and I don't mean that in a football sense. I mean that in an argumentation sense - as in you don't know how to put one together, or you're just being dishonest here. Like I said, Fields apologists have nothing to bring to the table to support their fandom except emotion. Dolphin already picked apart Johnson's point of view and you predictably had no response.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Better than Justin Fields in 3 Years? Light Em Up Chicago!

Absolutely not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:10 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
So a statistical summary is somehow "trolling"? :lol: You honestly sound out of your depth here and I don't mean that in a football sense. I mean that in an argumentation sense - as in you don't know how to put one together, or you're just being dishonest here. Like I said, Fields apologists have nothing to bring to the table to support their fandom except emotion. Dolphin already picked apart Johnson's point of view and you predictably had no response.

I'm not getting much in the way of "expertise" from you obviously. The fact that you have done nothing but cite stats illustrates this. Particularly when you are vouching for a guy that hasn't produced any stats. And sorry if I'm not buying your "hope springs eternal" approach when it comes to Caleb Williams either. You have yet to tell me that you believe that the kid is better than Justin Fields. Only that Justin Fields "needs to go". How "Scoresian" of you dude. And as far as "being out of my depth" you might want to think again. You're the product of the NFL "fantasy league" era. I'm not and don't care to be either. I know an NFL talent and a guy that has big time ability when I see one. And Justin Fields is definitely that. So spare me the CFMB bubble and consensus talk as I'm not terribly impressed with that either. Keyshawn Johnson obviously wasn't particularly impressed with Caleb Williams and he provided valid reasons as to why he wasn't. That carries weight with me. If it doesn't with you then it doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:16 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I'm not getting much in the way of "expertise" from you obviously. The fact that you have done nothing but cite stats illustrates this. Particularly when you are vouching for a guy that hasn't produced any stats. And sorry if I'm not buying your "hope springs eternal" approach when it comes to Caleb Williams either. You have yet to tell me that you believe that the kid is better than Justin Fields. Only that Justin Fields "needs to go". How "Scoresian" of you dude. And as far as "being out of my depth" you might want to think again. You're the product of the NFL "fantasy league" era. I'm not and don't care to be either. I know an NFL talent and a guy that has big time ability when I see one. And Justin Fields is definitely that. So spare me the CFMB bubble and consensus talk as I'm not terribly impressed with that either. Keyshawn Johnson obviously wasn't particularly impressed with Caleb Williams and he provided valid reasons as to why he wasn't. That carries weight with me. If it doesn't with you then it doesn't.

Why is your big time NFL talent guy Justin Fields producing at best below average stats? Those have been cited repeatedly in this thread and elsewhere and you have no response but to run away with your hands over your eyes like a bitch. Every talent evaluator knows Fields has severe limitations that place a cap on his overall ability to help a team move the ball into the end zone. When you help put the ball into the end zone your team wins and your stats go up. When you don't put the ball into the end zone your team loses and your stats don't look good. Maybe you can try and understand that one day. This isn't "fantasy" thinking.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:17 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Why is your big time NFL talent guy Justin Fields producing at best below average stats? Those have been cited repeatedly in this thread and elsewhere and you have no response but to run away with your hands over your eyes like a bitch. Every talent evaluator knows Fields has severe limitations that place a cap on his overall ability to help a team move the ball into the end zone. When you help put the ball into the end zone your team wins and your stats go up. When you don't put the ball into the end zone your team loses and your stats don't look good. Maybe you can try and understand that one day. This isn't "fantasy" thinking.

Will Caleb Williams Be Better Than Justin Fields yes or no? You're dissing Keyshawn Johnson. Well Keyshawn had no problem "Stepping Out" Joe Jackson. Neither do I. Quite obviously YOU DO. Says a helluva lot about you and your so called "expertise" doesn't it? Just Asking A Question .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Remember when he stuck just to the NBA threads folks?

:(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm 

Will Caleb Williams Be Better Than Justin Fields yes or no? You're dissing Keyshawn Johnson. Well Keyshawn had no problem "Stepping Out" Joe Jackson. Neither do I. Quite obviously YOU DO. Says a helluva lot about you and your so called "expertise" doesn't it? Just Asking A Question .

My position is the Bears should most definitely upgrade the QB position. Using overall QBR, you definitely need your QB to rank much higher than 23rd overall. Like I've said elsewhere, every single QB in the playoffs either finished 1st overall in their division or 2nd overall in the division for QBR. Fields finished 4th in the division (dead last) and 23rd overall. That's not going to get it done.

Whoever the replacement is - whether it's Caleb, Maye, or even Jameis Winston - they do not have to do much to beat Fields' below average production at the QB spot. In other words, drafting Williams and hoping he beats Fields' production is a low-risk proposition because Fields again has not set a high bar to beat. That's where you and many other Fields fans are committing serious errors - you conflate Fields' athletic prowess and highlights with actual production. He is not productive and needs to be replaced because he's holding the offense back.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:57 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

My position is the Bears should most definitely upgrade the QB position. Using overall QBR, you definitely need your QB to rank much higher than 23rd overall. Like I've said elsewhere, every single QB in the playoffs either finished 1st overall in their division or 2nd overall in the division for QBR. Fields finished 4th in the division (dead last) and 23rd overall. That's not going to get it done.

Whoever the replacement is - whether it's Caleb, Maye, or even Jameis Winston - they do not have to do much to beat Fields' below average production at the QB spot. In other words, drafting Williams and hoping he beats Fields' production is a low-risk proposition because Fields again has not set a high bar to beat. That's where you and many other Fields fans are committing serious errors - you conflate Fields' athletic prowess and highlights with actual production. He is not productive and needs to be replaced because he's holding the offense back.

You're filibustering yet allegedly you're inside of your "depth". Right now as far as anyone knows the choice is BINARY. You however, are doing your best to make it anything but that by continuously moving the goalposts. "Upgrade the position". Newsflash dude. BRADY OR MAHOMES ain't walking through the door. Neither is any other current NFL Franchise Quarterback. It's obvious you're trying to leave yourself some wiggle room in case Caleb Williams shits the bed. Even a blind squirrel can see that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

You're filibustering yet allegedly you're inside of your "depth". Right now as far as anyone knows the choice is BINARY. You however, are doing your best to make it anything but that by continuously moving the goalposts. "Upgrade the position". Newsflash dude. BRADY OR MAHOMES ain't walking through the door. Neither is any other current NFL Franchise Quarterback. It's obvious you're trying to leave yourself some wiggle room in case Caleb Williams shits the bed. Even a blind squirrel can see that.

If Williams is a bust it doesn't mean it was the wrong move to pick him. It would just mean you replaced a bust (Fields) with another bust.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If Williams is a bust it doesn't mean it was the wrong move to pick him. It would just mean you replaced a bust (Fields) with another bust.
If Williams is a bust and Maye or one of the other QBs that follow become stars, then it was the wrong move to pick him. That doesn't mean it was wrong to move on from Fields though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:31 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If Williams is a bust and Maye or one of the other QBs that follow become stars, then it was the wrong move to pick him. That doesn't mean it was wrong to move on from Fields though.

Exactly.

It isn't a binary at this point, either. They may like Maye, Daniels, Pennix, etc. more than Fields as well.

Hell, he could shock the world and trade #1 AND Fields for a king's ransom then surround Rus with all that talent. You could talk me into 3 first round picks (including #2 or #3)+ for Caleb, another first rounder for Justin and signing Cousins.

The world is Poles' oyster.

but under every scenario, I don't want to pay Fields a minimum of Daniel Jones money

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:18 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Again "moving on from Fields" to what exactly? Or Who? Its easy to say "we need to upgrade the at the position". That's sports talk radio speak. Upgrading is only relative to what is available and at what price. Right now the decision is between 2 people. That's it. You have people who consider themselves to be "more knowledgeable" than Keyshawn Johnson about football, yet he easily had no problem proclaiming whom he thought to be the better QB while they are hemming and hawing their way through the discussion. Over something they claim to be such the "easy" choice. What's easy to me is proclaiming that Fields "needs to go" without having a clue as to who realistically would be around to replace him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 pm 

The better question is what is Fields, not what is Caleb. You have to baseline what you have before deciding if an upgrade is needed or even possible. Fields is currently the 23rd most effective QB in the league after three years. That's called "in need of upgrading".

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It doesn't matter.

Fields is not the guy. You have to move on from him.
Caleb may or may not end up being the guy, but you have to take your chances when a dude like him comes along.

Dumb thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:25 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
The better question is what is Fields, not what is Caleb. You have to baseline what you have before deciding if an upgrade is needed or even possible. Fields is currently the 23rd most effective QB in the league after three years. That's called "in need of upgrading".

You are bashing Keyshawn Johnson for having the stones to step out and "dare to be wrong" while you can't. Right now the choice is between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields. You cannot even decide between those 2, yet claim to be within "your depth" as a football guy. Please.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:27 pm 

I have never agreed with The Hawk and Style more, Fields need to be extended. He seems to have a promising career eventually.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:29 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
It doesn't matter.

Fields is not the guy. You have to move on from him.
Caleb may or may not end up being the guy, but you have to take your chances when a dude like him comes along.

Dumb thread.

What's dumb is being stupid enough to believe that the choice isn't between 2 quarterbacks. Even as the ENTIRE CITY CURRENTLY KNOWS THAT IT IS BETWEEN 2 QUARTERBACKS. That is the reason that he asked about THOSE 2 QUARTERBACKS. And right now only an idiot would think that it is not about THOSE 2 QUARTERBACKS. That's probably why he just chimed in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:32 pm 

I never said I'm a football guy, I said you're out of your depth as a debater. By the way, you unintentionally keep validating that observation.

I bashed Keyshawn Johnson for relying on emotions to make his pro-Fields arguments, so don't strawman me.

I was pretty clear above about going with Williams over Fields. Again, because you're using emotion here, you seem to hurt that anonymous people on the internet think Fields is a poor quarterback based on production.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
LTG your original post only mentioned two quarterbacks. Hence my reply. If you want to debate all of the QBs out there, feel free to start another dumb thread.

Fields is not the guy. You have to move on from him. Caleb Williams or otherwise.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I have never agreed with The Hawk and Style more, Fields need to be extended. He seems to have a promising career eventually.

:lol:

I was sold on extending Fields once fans in the stands kept chanting "keep h1m." I mean forget points per game, QBR, 4th quarter splits, etc. He should be extended due to those cheering fans. Oh, and because of what Keyshawn Johson said.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 54  Next