It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Ryan Poles
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Caller Bob wrote:
August Schell wrote:
I don't want anyone from the Reid or Belichek trees hired for the Viking jobs.

Yeah, good luck with your hire from the vaunted Browns empire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adofo-Mensah is really more closely aligned with the 49ers than the Browns.

He was one of the more intriguing prospects that the Bears interviewed, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tall Midget wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
August Schell wrote:
I don't want anyone from the Reid or Belichek trees hired for the Viking jobs.

Yeah, good luck with your hire from the vaunted Browns empire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adofo-Mensah is really more closely aligned with the 49ers than the Browns.

He was one of the more intriguing prospects that the Bears interviewed, in my opinion.

He sounds like a guy that TSA checks an extra few times.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Per Hub, Poles' resume is identical to that of Ryan Pace when he got the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Hub's love of King George forces him to defend every move even disasters from the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Caller Bob wrote:
Lawrence Holmes dedicating his entire hour of the Bears GM discussion to race, after they hired a black GM. My God he's an insufferable fuck.

I don't know if it lasted the full hour but it was pretty painful. Over and over he referred to all of us listeners as being privileged and it is his job to help us think differently. I am certainly open to thinking differently but I was really hoping to learn something about the new Bears GM, a guy whom I had never heard of until an hour prior.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
If you want to learn about this guy then wait for a professionally run show to have on some beat writers in KC. Larry and Jules can discuss that bullshit on a podcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
a genius wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Lawrence Holmes dedicating his entire hour of the Bears GM discussion to race, after they hired a black GM. My God he's an insufferable fuck.

I don't know if it lasted the full hour but it was pretty painful. Over and over he referred to all of us listeners as being privileged and it is his job to help us think differently. I am certainly open to thinking differently but I was really hoping to learn something about the new Bears GM, a guy whom I had never heard of until an hour prior.

It you assume - like I do - that Lerry’s knowledge of Poles ends with his skin color, it all makes sense.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
a genius wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I do enjoy a person who talks sports for a living lecturing people about their privilege.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Another empty suit that looks the part and knows enough to pretend to respect these mccaskey clowns. As soon as Pace left NO drafted better, as soon as this guy got hired the chiefs drafted worse.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 pm 

a genius wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Why do you two listen to this closet mo?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 pm 

312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Another empty suit that looks the part and knows enough to pretend to respect these mccaskey clowns. As soon as Pace left NO drafted better, as soon as this guy got hired the chiefs drafted worse.

They drafted worse? How do you figure that?

He has been there several years and during a time in which they have won a superbowl and had some pretty good drafts

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He has been there several years and during a time in which they have won a superbowl and had some pretty good drafts

John Dorsey drafted anybody worth a fuck in KC, he left..the good picks stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:03 pm 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

John Dorsey drafted anybody worth a fuck in KC, he left..the good picks stopped.

He was there during that time, so you cant say that as soon as they got this guy the started drafting worse lol

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Everybody who’s every worked for the Chiefs seems to get credit for the same set of draft picks, including the guy who’s actually their GM today.

It’s the victory has a thousand fathers cliché.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 pm 

312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Again, this is a team that has been drafting in the last six picks in the draft for a while now. A cursory review of their depth chart shows that in each of their last four drafts they have one player from each draft who is a starter. And essentially one more that plays significantly. All of this on a team that is in the AFC title game.

The drafts have been nothing to complain about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The official bears press release is giving him credit for mahomes

Quote:
In Poles' lone season as Kansas City's director of college scouting (2017), the Chiefs traded up in the first round of the draft to select quarterback Patrick Mahomes at No. 10.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
good dolphin wrote:
I'm not ashamed to admit I had never heard of Ryan Poles until this morning on the car ride downtown.

That doesn't make it a good or bad hire. It just means my analysis of the hire is pretty limited.

Who wants to join me in the admission?

I'm leaning towards this with coaches too. We know more about assistant coaches than assistant GMs, but what does that get us? The 4 coaches left:

Reid was QB Coach and OL/TE coach before that for Farve's Packers. As assistant HC they were a top 10 offense for 2 years. You could certainly see there was offensive smarts there, even with Favre. From the Holmgren coaching tree, a great one. If I was a Eagle fan at the time (Just considering when they got their first HC job) I'd give it a 5/5

Zac Taylor spent one year as QB coach and one year as Receivers coach for the Rams. They were good on offense, but how much credit should McVey get? They didn't even have an OC Taylor's last year when he was QB coach. Kromer was run game coordinator and some guy named Shane Waldron (now Seahawks OC) was passing game coordinator. It worked out well, but that looks a Matt Nagy-esque resume of success by being in the right place at the right time. As a Bengal Fan at the time I'd give it a 2/5

McVey, speaking of... 3 years as WFT's OC. They finished 26th, 10th, and 12th in points his last year. That's not amazing, even though WFT didn't have much on offense, but he was hired at 31! I'm not sure I'd be thrilled if I were the Rams back then. From the Jay Gruden Coaching tree, lol. I'd give it a 3/5 rounding up because I like taking a shot at a youngest coach ever.

Kyle Shanahan 9 years as OC before being a HC. 4 of them in Washington where he was succeeded by...Sean McVey. Maybe I should look more closely at the Jay Gruden Coaching Tree. Anyway, 21st and 1st in scoring his 2 years as Atl HC. 27th as OC in his one year in Cleveland the year before he moved to ATL. 25, 26, 4 (RGIIIs healthy year), and 23 in Washington before he moved to Cleveland. 17 and 10 his 2 years in Houston as OC before going to Cleveland. 3.5 good years out of 9 as OC. I'd have given him 4/5 at the time. Would only be 3/5 if he didn't finish 1st his last year as OC, but would have been 5/5 if they didn't choke the SB away vs NE.

Other guys on Jay Gruden's WFT 2013 staff with McVey and Shanahan...future head coaches Matt LaFleur and Raheem Morris, current SF OC Mike McDaniel, and old Bears DC Bob Slowik.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Zac Taylor looked like a moron before burrow, chase and Higgins arrived

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
A competent and confident front office/ownership group would not feel the need to defend their GM hire with shit like that. You give the scouting staff credit for finding a day 3 gem or even a day 2 starter. You don't give them credit for taking one of the most talked about and scouted qb's in the damn 1st round. Every fucking person that worked in that front office looked at him.

No one has any idea how good or bad this guy might be. He was one of the voices in a room full of alot of people in KC. He did not draft anyone, he gave his opinions and the 3 GM's and Reid made the picks. He is very much like Pace when he was hired. No one knew what Pace was responsible for as far as picks in NO. No one will know with Poles until he puts a name on a card......or trades all the damn picks to hit a home run and then you know he will suck like Pace.

He has his work cut out for him with Pace emptying the draft cupboard. He needs to get more picks somehow and then start working from the inside out. Build your lines and build the middle of the defense while trying to develop some late round talent at the skill positions. I doubt they let him do that. They want to win now and are going to shove Fields down his throat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The Chiefs are going to get two 3rd round picks out of the deal. They're not Bears 3rd round picks, but ones added by the league as compensation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 234064002/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
They want to win now and are going to shove Fields down his throat.

Or he got the job because he was the biggest Fields cheerleader of the candidates.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

He was there during that time, so you cant say that as soon as they got this guy the started drafting worse lol

Dorsey built the team, he was fired and the picks have been lousy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:04 pm 

One Post wrote:
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Again, this is a team that has been drafting in the last six picks in the draft for a while now. A cursory review of their depth chart shows that in each of their last four drafts they have one player from each draft who is a starter. And essentially one more that plays significantly. All of this on a team that is in the AFC title game.

The drafts have been nothing to complain about.

The year before Dorsey drafted Mahomes they were 12-4.. he traded out of the first round one year. He drafted Hunt, Hill ,Kelsey, Fischer, Chris Jones. He built the team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:
312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Dorsey built the team, he was fired and the picks have been lousy.

This is a fact. He kept finding studs.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:13 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Christ

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:14 am 

Another Chiefs guy?

Didnt they see how that worked out with the last asshole?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
McCaskey picked him up at the airport himself. :lol: It would have been more professional had he sent Seacrest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:16 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
It would be very Bears to hire Caldwell to run the offense before they have a head coach in place.

Caldwell would be the head coach dumbass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:19 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
It's George's team and he can do what he wants, but the image of him picking up Poles at the airport is embarrassing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

where is this pic?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:20 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
grab ass practices.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

can u imagine Hakeem Nicks grabbing another player's ass in practice?? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1390 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next