It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lightfoot Dome!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
The 2002 renovation of Soldier Field cost $660 million, $432 million of which was funded by the city's hotel tax, and the bonds issued to finance that project are still being paid off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
The city should have built a domed stadium on what is now Bronzeville Lakefront. 48 prime acres that could have been used year round and been incorporated as a neighborhood/hotels and it could have leveraged McCormick Place to alleviate any parking concerns. That's right in line with many other new city stadiums. Instead, it gets a 20 year project that at best creates 4,800 condos and a bunch of office space in a city with a massive amount of office space already.

The Bears are making the right choice. Bears games are miserable for fans starting at least in November. Sitting in the cold for four hours with a lake wind is going to feel pretty silly the first game in December when the fans are in a t-shirt in 70 degree climate controlled weather watching the game. Anyone who has gone to a game in Detroit or Indianapolis knows just how much nicer it is to simply have a dome.

Bears can bounce or don't bounce. There will still be an NFL team in Chicago regardless. Let the perpetually shitty Non Chicagoan types like Ballpark and others here root on the frauds in the suburbs, while "true" Chicagoans root for the "real" Chicago teams. Problem solved.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Nardi wrote:
So moving there is in the best interests of who? Certainly not the fans.
Its definitely of interest to people who don't care to outside in December to watch a terrible football team. Its definitely of interest to STH who sell every year, and will now have no trouble moving late season tickets.

Soldier Field isn't in the best interest to fans right now as is. Its not easy to get to via public transit, nearby parking spaces are few and far between, the field surface sucks, the concessions suck, and its no longer a landmark/historic place.

The larger point of LTG's feeble argument is wrong. 100% wrong, which is per usual for him.
You just said its the event inside that matters. So which is it? The stadium or the team? The Bears could play on a dirt patch in Aurora and would still be the #1 team in town bar none.

It's a whole new dynamic with a $2 billion upgrade.

Don't you think any event with 80,000 is a nightmare logistically? I really doubt Arlington Fucking Heights will be a major upgrade in that department.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
The 2002 renovation of Soldier Field cost $660 million, $432 million of which was funded by the city's hotel tax, and the bonds issued to finance that project are still being paid off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This doesn't actually answer the question however. Shocking!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:45 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
One thing I would keep and eye out for if I were the Bears and moved to Arlington Heights would be the possibility for a real push to get a Chicago AFC team in Soldier Field. I think that would be great and two teams could absolutely co-exist.

They would definitely try that and get that. The only thing that has prevented this has been the power that the Bears "had" in the city. They move and the NFL moves another team in within 10 years. Book it! It would be cool as hell to have the Cardinals come back actually.

The NFL is firmly behind this move by the Bears. They aren't going to put another team in Chicago unless Chicago builds them a $3 billion brand new stadium or it goes into the same site in Arlington Heights the Bears are going to.

It's like saying the NFL is going to put a team in downtown Dallas because the Cowboys left the city limits.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

Speaking of not answering questions....
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How many Bears games have you attended over the last few years?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You just said its the event inside that matters. So which is it? The stadium or the team?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:47 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
One thing I would keep and eye out for if I were the Bears and moved to Arlington Heights would be the possibility for a real push to get a Chicago AFC team in Soldier Field. I think that would be great and two teams could absolutely co-exist.

They would definitely try that and get that. The only thing that has prevented this has been the power that the Bears "had" in the city. They move and the NFL moves another team in within 10 years. Book it! It would be cool as hell to have the Cardinals come back actually.

The NFL is firmly behind this move by the Bears. They aren't going to put another team in Chicago unless Chicago builds them a $3 billion brand new stadium or it goes into the same site in Arlington Heights the Bears are going to.

It's like saying the NFL is going to put a team in downtown Dallas because the Cowboys left the city limits.

No it's not like "saying" anything. There will be another team in Chicago if the Bears move. There has been somewhat of a movement to do this with Bears here over the years. Bears move and the floodgates will open. Again. Book it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Speaking of not answering questions....
Frank Coztansa wrote:
How many Bears games have you attended over the last few years?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You just said its the event inside that matters. So which is it? The stadium or the team?

I contribute more to "keeping" the Bears here than you ever have.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:52 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The city should have built a domed stadium on what is now Bronzeville Lakefront. 48 prime acres that could have been used year round and been incorporated as a neighborhood/hotels and it could have leveraged McCormick Place to alleviate any parking concerns. That's right in line with many other new city stadiums. Instead, it gets a 20 year project that at best creates 4,800 condos and a bunch of office space in a city with a massive amount of office space already.

The Bears are making the right choice. Bears games are miserable for fans starting at least in November. Sitting in the cold for four hours with a lake wind is going to feel pretty silly the first game in December when the fans are in a t-shirt in 70 degree climate controlled weather watching the game. Anyone who has gone to a game in Detroit or Indianapolis knows just how much nicer it is to simply have a dome.

Bears can bounce or don't bounce. There will still be an NFL team in Chicago regardless. Let the perpetually shitty Non Chicagoan types like Ballpark and others here root on the frauds in the suburbs, while "true" Chicagoans root for the "real" Chicago teams. Problem solved.
The NFL is working with the Bears on this. My guess is that a good portion of the initial funding of this comes from a low cost loan to the Bears by the league. Chicago isn't getting another team without an all-time big spend on a brand new stadium in the city limits.

The model is actually already there. Any team that wants to move to Chicago can just be a tenant in the Bears stadium in Arlington Heights. The Chargers/Rams are doing exactly that. The Giants/Jets share a stadium though they both own it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:53 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
No it's not like "saying" anything. There will be another team in Chicago if the Bears move. There has been somewhat of a movement to do this with Bears here over the years. Bears move and the floodgates will open. Again. Book it!
The Bears are moving.

So what year do you predict Chicago gets a second franchise within city limits?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
SoFi stadium is NOT in LA city limits, yet houses two NFL teams.
Gillette Stadium is not in Boston proper.
The Bills do not play in Buffalo proper.
The Cardinals do not play in Phoenix proper.
There hasn't been an NFL game inside of the city limits of New York since 1975 :lol: :lol:

If the fucking Jets can manage to play in the suburbs of an entirely different state, the Bears will be fine on Route 53.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I am sure the NFL would be very interested in moving a team such as the Jags into a completely NFL-ready stadium on the Chicago lakefront in a city more than large enough to support 2 teams.

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Bears are moving.

2032. Book it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

If the Mc Caskey's sell, I think the league gets aggressive in finding an additional chicago franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:57 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Bears are moving.

2032. Book it!

for once, i agree with Link. It would be a great move for the NFL and for the city of Chicago.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:58 am 
100000 CLUB

I certainly don't think its out of the question, but BRick is right. A team is not coming here with Solider Field as is. Its going to take a new stadium, or a CTU funded dome to make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:58 am 

If a domed stadium is sitting there in Chicago, how does the NFL stop a Jacksonville Jaguar from going there? Did they stop the Raiders?(They tried) Did they stop The Colts? I think there's possibilities. Chargers maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:01 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Bears are moving.

2032. Book it!

for once, i agree with Link. It would be a great move for the NFL and for the city of Chicago.

If you wanted to be on the "right" side of issues more often, then you would increase the number. Dumb as dogshit Frank knows "little" about the city and he damn sure doesn't know anything about the Lakefront. With all of the empty stadiums in small markets around the NFL, teams will be salivating to get here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 am 

I am sure the NFL would be very interested in moving a team such as the Jags into a completely NFL-ready stadium on the Chicago lakefront in a city more than large enough to support 2 teams.
There is no chance they move into Soldier Field as constructed now. They'd probably consider it if the city spent this nearly $2 billion on Soldier Field though but the question would be why not just let them also move it into Arlington Heights. The Bears are working with the NFL here and the NFL seemingly loves the idea of the Arlington Heights stadium. Why would they turn around and send another team to the stadium they were happy to have the Bears leave?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
This notion that Chicago will lose interest in the Bears if they move to a new stadium in Arlington Heights is ridiculous, just like Bear Weather and them somehow being extra blue-collar tough.

You should stay out of Chicago Bears fandom business. Worry about the Mara Family.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:03 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I certainly don't think its out of the question, but BRick is right. A team is not coming here with Solider Field as is. Its going to take a new stadium, or a CTU funded dome to make it happen.

Just as they "funded" Orland Park oh so MANY years ago. But no one is ever supposed to "know" :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
It's tiresome the spaceship thing. The event is on the inside. Who gives a shit what it looks like driving by.

Suburbanites care. The meat and potatoe fans don't give a shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am 

Nardi wrote:
If a domed stadium is sitting there in Chicago, how does the NFL stop a Jacksonville Jaguar from going there? Did they stop the Raiders?(They tried) Did they stop The Colts? I think there's possibilities. Chargers maybe.

They didn't try and stop the Raiders. They literally helped finance the stadium.

The Chargers got to move because they were moving into the new stadium already being built. I don't think the NFL was thrilled with that move but it's far different than building a brand new stadium.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am 
100000 CLUB

That won't likely happen. The Bears have an arrangement that an NFL team can't be within 50 miles of where they are playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

They didn't try and stop the Raiders. They literally helped finance the stadium.

The Chargers got to move because they were moving into the new stadium already being built. I don't think the NFL was thrilled with that move but it's far different than building a brand new stadium.

The only thing that has prevented other teams from coming to Chicago has been the power of the Bears. That power is gone the 2nd they leave the city.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Worry about the Mara Family.
Who's team does not play in the city or state of New York :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:08 am 

Brick wrote:
There is no chance they move into Soldier Field as constructed now. They'd probably consider it if the city spent this nearly $2 billion on Soldier Field though but the question would be why not just let them also move it into Arlington Heights. The Bears are working with the NFL here and the NFL seemingly loves the idea of the Arlington Heights stadium. Why would they turn around and send another team to the stadium they were happy to have the Bears leave?

Because the NFL would get the domed stadium in Arlington Heights, a potential Super Bowl site, and get an under-performing AFC franchise out of Jacksonville into a stadium that is 100% NFL-ready in a beautiful location in an NFL-crazy city.

Last edited by man of few opinions on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:08 am 

Nas wrote:

That won't likely happen. The Bears have an arrangement that an NFL team can't be within 50 miles of where they are playing.

That agreement becomes null in void the second they leave.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:11 am 

Brick wrote:
Nardi wrote:

They moved to LA and then back to Oakland. The courts decided that issue and probabl would have to decide it again. The NFL isn't all-powerful in that regard.

Last edited by Nardi on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:11 am 

The interest in the Jets tapered off enormously after they vacated Shea Stadium. No one really gives a ahit about them since they left New York.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next