It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eberflus and Getsy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
badrogue17 wrote:
Are people that eager to want to blame Getsy that they think he designed and called that play to have the 2 receivers in the same area it’s and NOT that one of those dumbfucks ran the wrong route ?

I'm pretty sure the play is designed that way. They used it last season and a couple times last week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:31 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Are people that eager to want to blame Getsy that they think he designed and called that play to have the 2 receivers in the same area it’s and NOT that one of those dumbfucks ran the wrong route ?

I'm pretty sure the play is designed that way. They used it last season and a couple times last week.

For the sake of the argument, let's pretend that the play was designed so that both guys were wide ass open and nowhere near each other. How does that change anything if the quarterback doesn't throw either of them the ball?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

For the sake of the argument, let's pretend that the play was designed so that both guys were wide ass open and nowhere near each other. How does that change anything if the quarterback doesn't throw either of them the ball?

No one here is saying that Fields is good. Rather, it's a case of both Getsy and Fields being horrible. Eberflus, too. And quite possibly Poles and Warren as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I like positive Tall Midget; Fields ruined that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Where were the receivers supposed to go on either play that wouldn’t have them within reach of one another?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:46 pm 

Throw to the sideline for Moore in both plays and throw to midfield for Claypool and Kmet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:47 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Where were the receivers supposed to go on either play that wouldn’t have them within reach of one another?

Maybe they thought if they both were next to each other that Fields would see them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Juiced wrote:

Maybe they thought if they both were next to each other that Fields would see them.

It like doubles your chances of catching it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
WestmontMike wrote:
Throw to the sideline for Moore in both plays and throw to midfield for Claypool and Kmet.

So Moore was the fuck up here?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:02 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

No one here is saying that Fields is good. Rather, it's a case of both Getsy and Fields being horrible. Eberflus, too. And quite possibly Poles and Warren as well.

They may all be horrible. But pointing to play calls where we're not even sure where receivers are supposed to run or if Fields didn't audible out of the play that was actually called doesn't tell me that Luke Getsy is horrible; at least not at play calling/design.
I'm certainly open to the possibility of him being incompetent as the Bears have shown, with an increasing success rate, the ability to both hire and develop bad coaches.
But for now, I'll stick with giving the bulk of the blame to the players on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:06 pm 

WestmontMike wrote:

So Moore was the fuck up here?

Maybe.
Looks like Kmet got in the way on one play and Fields threw the ball into a lineman on the other.
Not really much more thought about it other than that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
WestmontMike wrote:
They may all be horrible.
I don't think there is a maybe about it.

Getsy can get guys open, but makes some really awful play calls.
Fields can't get rid of the ball even when they are options to throw.
Eberflus appears to be in over his head.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:

What in the absolute fuck is this drooling dumbass talking about?

The Tampa defensive players knew exactly what was coming--and they've said as much.

Especially the Velus Jones sweep. The defenders’ eyes probably lit up when they saw him in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

What in the absolute fuck is this drooling dumbass talking about?

The Tampa defensive players knew exactly what was coming--and they've said as much.

Especially the Velus Jones sweep. The defenders’ eyes probably lit up when they saw him in the game.

When he entered the game EVERYONE knew he was getting the ball. He's not an asset.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

They may all be horrible. But pointing to play calls where we're not even sure where receivers are supposed to run or if Fields didn't audible out of the play that was actually called doesn't tell me that Luke Getsy is horrible; at least not at play calling/design.
I'm certainly open to the possibility of him being incompetent as the Bears have shown, with an increasing success rate, the ability to both hire and develop bad coaches.
But for now, I'll stick with giving the bulk of the blame to the players on the field.

As I said, I'm pretty sure the play was run according to its design. They ran the same kind of routes repeatedly last year and again last week. But if it's true that the players aren't running the play correctly, then Getsy sucks at correcting mistakes and teaching proper execution. He's either a bad play designer or a bad teacher--or maybe both.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:03 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

As I said, I'm pretty sure the play was run according to its design. They ran the same kind of routes repeatedly last year and again last week. But if it's true that the players aren't running the play correctly, then Getsy sucks at correcting mistakes and teaching proper execution. He's either a bad play designer or a bad teacher--or maybe both.

So the same guys that suck this year also sucked last year? That's not very surprising.
You can blame the coach, you can blame the players. Both need to be better.
I just choose to blame the players first and most for the performance so far this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Can't separate the two so cleanly. Either the players are in the right spot or not. If they're in the right spot it's because they are instructed to be there via coaching. If they're in the wrong spot it's either good coaching player error or bad coaching. A good coach would reduce player errors over time.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:13 pm 

I do find it odd, however, that the game plan doesn't seem to emphasize, at all, Justin's running ability when that was pretty much the only recipe for success last year.  Is this a mandate from Poles?  Wants proof that Justin can win passing the ball...I don't know.  But I don't expect to win anything this year and with this quarterback until we start running the ball for 200 yards plus per game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Can't separate the two so cleanly. Either the players are in the right spot or not. If they're in the right spot it's because they are instructed to be there via coaching. If they're in the wrong spot it's either good coaching player error or bad coaching. A good coach would reduce player errors over time.

that’s like saying a good baseball manager should be able to reduce errors in the field. Ultimately the players are the one fielding the ball, or running the route. What can a coach or manager do except say hey you’re supposed to run a 5 yard slant here not a 10 yard in on this play . Everything goes fine for 11 games and then he does it again, so that’s on the coach?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
WestmontMike wrote:
I do find it odd, however, that the game plan doesn't seem to emphasize, at all, Justin's running ability when that was pretty much the only recipe for success last year.  Is this a mandate from Poles?  Wants proof that Justin can win passing the ball...I don't know.  But I don't expect to win anything this year and with this quarterback until we start running the ball for 200 yards plus per game.

I think that probably is a mandate from either Poles or Warren. If he can't throw better than Bobby Douglass, they will never make the second round of the playoffs no matter who else they draft and develop.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:23 pm 

WestmontMike wrote:

How many games did the Fields run first formula win last year. Curious as to what "recipe for success" you and all these amnesiac radio callers are referring to when calling for Fields to return to the glorious run from 2022

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

that’s like saying a good baseball manager should be able to reduce errors in the field. Ultimately the players are the one fielding the ball, or running the route. What can a coach or manager do except say hey you’re supposed to run a 5 yard slant here not a 10 yard in on this play . Everything goes fine for 11 games and then he does it again, so that’s on the coach?

I don't think errors in baseball is a good analogy. I'm just talking about knowing where you need to be on the field. If it happens frequently enough that players are in the wrong spot from week to week then yes that speaks to coaching. That opinion assumes your players are not dumbasses in that if you tell them through systematic coaching and practicing and whatnot that you go here and you go there, they'll eventually get it. But if it's not happening on a repeated basis then yes I see that as a coaching issue.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:32 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

How many games did the Fields run first formula win last year. Curious as to what "recipe for success" you and all these amnesiac radio callers are referring to when calling for Fields to return to the glorious run from 2022

I don't remember saying they won any games with that formula or calling Fields glorious.
But five or their six highest scoring games of the year were in games that the team ran for 240 or more yards. Pretty simple. Score more points, give your team a better shot at winning.
Does that not make sense?

Maybe it's the amnesia talking.

What did I just say?

Who am I?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:35 pm 

I don't think running for 200 yards each game during a double digit losing streak reflects a recipe for success.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:
I do find it odd, however, that the game plan doesn't seem to emphasize, at all, Justin's running ability when that was pretty much the only recipe for success last year. Is this a mandate from Poles? Wants proof that Justin can win passing the ball...I don't know. But I don't expect to win anything this year and with this quarterback until we start running the ball for 200 yards plus per game.

They beat the Patriots with his running. Every other game ended with a 4th quarter mistake from him.

Trump '24

Last edited by Nas on Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
People used to say you couldn’t win in the NBA playoffs jacking 3s until the Warriors came along
Everyone says the running Fields all day plan won’t work in the playoffs, but it seems like that’s the only chance they’ve got have with him so why not try it. Run his ass into the ground

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

WestmontMike wrote:

So the same guys that suck this year also sucked last year? That's not very surprising.
I just choose to blame the players first and most for the performance so far this year.

Getsy doesn't simply "need to be better." High school coaches get their players to run the right routes. They do it all the time. If Getsy can't manage that detail, he sucks. But the real problem is that he routinely designs and calls plays that make no sense. He's an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
People used to say you couldn’t win in the NBA playoffs jacking 3s until the Warriors came along
Everyone says the running Fields all day plan won’t work in the playoffs, but it seems like that’s the only chance they’ve got have with him so why not try it. Run his ass into the ground

I suspect they are fine with losing if he can't pass. They don’t want to accidentally win a game that they believe will interfere with their draft position.

I PREDICT, Tyson Bagent will be the quarterback after the bye unless Fields figures things out.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:13 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Getsy doesn't simply "need to be better." High school coaches get their players to run the right routes. They do it all the time. If Getsy can't manage that detail, he sucks. But the real problem is that he routinely designs and calls plays that make no sense. He's an idiot.

I get it. You think Luke Getsy sucks. I have no problem with that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
WestmontMike wrote:

Kmet and Claypool don't run the correct route.

Yep. Claypool ran the wrong route earlier in the game.

Fucked up as it may be, Kmet was still open. From what I gather, guys were open ALL OVER THE PLACE, ALL GAME. So maybe, just maybe, the OC doesn't double up on an elementary screen in crunch time if the QB had been AT LEAST semi-competent throughout the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next