It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ryan Pace and John Fox
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
They might just stick around for a bit. Fox isn't a good coach really, but he can win if you give him a defense and running game. Bears have been hammered with injuries but it looks like Pace is on his way to giving him both. It's not really an overreaction to one game. Howard and certain defensive players have shown a lot of promise for a little bit now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm 

this game had trap written all over it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:52 pm 

I forgot to also add Pace's free agent acquisitions seem to work out pretty well for now too.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Will you ever stop trolling chicago sports fans FAVREFAN?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:00 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Will you ever stop trolling chicago sports fans FAVREFAN?

Not trolling. Ryan Pace obviously deserves another year or two at least. This draft class looks strong. I don't like Fox as a coach and never have, I would fire him, but injuries and a rebuild did fuck him over from a competitive standpoint.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:38 am 

The problem with Pace is he was hired and didn't realize a total rebuild was needed. This puts them two years behind schedule. It's hard to have faith with that happening.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The problem with Pace is he was hired and didn't realize a total rebuild was needed. This puts them two years behind schedule. It's hard to have faith with that happening.

Doesn't seem that way to me. Looks like her realized a full rebuild was needed. Maybe not ownership. Or Fox. But Pace did. He got rid of pretty much every good vet the Bears had except Cutler.

You can argue what keeping Cutler means, but I don't think it had anything to do with not believing a full rebuild was needed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:50 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Doesn't seem that way to me. Looks like her realized a full rebuild was needed. Maybe not ownership. Or Fox. But Pace did. He got rid of pretty much every good vet the Bears had except Cutler.

You can argue what keeping Cutler means, but I don't think it had anything to do with not believing a full rebuild was needed.
He got rid of old, and replaced many of them with older players too. That doesn't even include Fox who is clearly not a rebuilding coach.

He saw them in the preseason and still signed Sitton. Are you really rebuilding signing a 30 year old offensive lineman to an expensive deal after a team like the Packers gave up on him?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
There's no rebuilding in the NFL, my friend. Teams seem to retool from time to time and either ascend to their rightful place in the SB, or sort of just find themselves there and say "well, I'll take it". I think the latter happens more often than the former.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He got rid of old, and replaced many of them with older players too. That doesn't even include Fox who is clearly not a rebuilding coach.

He saw them in the preseason and still signed Sitton. Are you really rebuilding signing a 30 year old offensive lineman to an expensive deal after a team like the Packers gave up on him?

Sitton aside, most of the "old" guys he signed were on 1 year deals.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Sitton aside, most of the "old" guys he signed were on 1 year deals.

That has been smart and much different than the past. Do not sign your stopgaps to big multiyear deals.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
veganfan21 wrote:
There's no rebuilding in the NFL, my friend.

If the Bears don't make the playoffs next year both Fox and Pace will likely be fired.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 pm 

Drake LaRrieta wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If the Bears don't make the playoffs next year both Fox and Pace will likely be fired.

Bill Pacells
Mike Holmgren
Bill Bellichek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Fox is gone, Pace will stay, Pace will get to finally pick his own head coach..there is no scenario that the Bears make the playoffs next year, none.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:44 pm 

312player wrote:
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Fox is gone, Pace will stay, Pace will get to finally pick his own head coach..there is no scenario that the Bears make the playoffs next year, none.

Roger Goodell & Co. could expand the playoffs to the top 14 teams in each conference.