Who gives a shit?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
HA! Not fooling me again Bears.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Local entrepreneurs only
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

My cents exactly. Hate to say this about a fellow conservativebut deport his ass. Nothing will change so as long as the McCaskey's are around but there is no point in holding in to Jay.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You said "naked" and bearing breasts (which are reproductive organs and thus technically "genitals" are they not?) is "naked" for all intents and purposes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Bootstraps Max wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

My cents exactly. Hate to say this about a fellow conservativebut deport his ass. Nothing will change so as long as the McCaskey's are around but there is no point in holding in to Jay.

:-|

Go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 pm 

Last game before he gets an extension.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Does this mean he will no longer make any gret throws, Walt?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Bootstraps Max wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

Is this mult supposed to be mocking blue collar conservatives or replicating Scorehead?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:07 am 

America wrote:
HA! Not fooling me again Bears.

QB for life!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
According to Biggs hurt his shoulder and could be done for the year :shock:

And ends his career with a game ending interception. Fitting.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I'm curious why the general sentiment appears to be that he's absolutely gone in a few months.

There's literally nobody out there available that's remotely as "good" (relative term) as Cutler is/can be and, given his travails, I don't know that teams would necessarily be knocking down his door to give him wheelbarrows full of money ... if not, and if the Bears' offer a "reasonable" (relative term again) deal to him, I can easily see him at least seriously considering not packing up and moving his unvaccinated brood.

For your reading displeasure, here are your 2017 Unrestricted Free Agent NFL QBs:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/ :puker:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
I'm curious why the general sentiment appears to be that he's absolutely gone in a few months.

There's literally nobody out there available that's remotely as "good" (relative term) as Cutler is/can be and, given his travails, I don't know that teams would necessarily be knocking down his door to give him wheelbarrows full of money ... if not, and if the Bears' offer a "reasonable" (relative term again) deal to him, I can easily see him at least seriously considering not packing up and moving his unvaccinated brood.

For your reading displeasure, here are your 2017 Unrestricted Free Agent NFL QBs:

You aren't trying to win next year though. You draft a QB somewhere in the top 2-3 rounds, preferably first round, and then keep doing that til you get a guy. All other things being equal, whats really the difference between Jay Cutler and Landry Jones next year? 6-10 instead of 3-13?

You could resign Jay AND draft his replacement, but generally guys aren't sitting for a year or two to learn anymore, so that seems like a waste of time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

You aren't trying to win next year though. You draft a QB somewhere in the top 2-3 rounds, preferably first round, and then keep doing that til you get a guy. All other things being equal, whats really the difference between Jay Cutler and Landry Jones next year? 6-10 instead of 3-13?

You could resign Jay AND draft his replacement, but generally guys aren't sitting for a year or two to learn anymore, so that seems like a waste of time.

I don't seem to have a great deal of confidence in the McCaskeys unashamedly bottoming out ... seems like they're more inclined to do the Reinsdorfian thing of cobbling together whatever they can find and hope it works out favorably or, at the very least, keeps 61,500 asses 16" apart ~8 times a season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:53 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

The only scenario that makes sense is to keep him as the starter for next year for somewhat ok money while the first round rookie qb they draft holds a clipboard for a little while to adjust to the league.

"Eh, it could be worse with Cutler" is the reason we have had so many wasted seasons with him behind center as he makes us "not good" but also "not bad". Luckily, he seems to be regressing with age and getting injured more often which is nice.

Also, with his contract, I believe he does have a decent chance of finally being traded to a desperate team that thinks they can "fix him".

No matter what, the Cutler era must end, even if we use him for one more year to prepare for the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I say they hire a new coach and GM and bring back Cutler for one more try.

:rayliottalaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:05 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

The only scenario that makes sense is to keep him as the starter for next year for somewhat ok money while the first round rookie qb they draft holds a clipboard for a little while to adjust to the league.

"Eh, it could be worse with Cutler" is the reason we have had so many wasted seasons with him behind center as he makes us "not good" but also "not bad". Luckily, he seems to be regressing with age and getting injured more often which is nice.

Also, with his contract, I believe he does have a decent chance of finally being traded to a desperate team that thinks they can "fix him".

No matter what, the Cutler era must end, even if we use him for one more year to prepare for the future.

I think you're overselling him. The Bears are one of three teams in the league who haven't scored 24 points. He doesn't make them "not bad." He makes them bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:13 pm 

I'm not suggesting Cutler is a cure for anything ... he's basically the qb equivalent of the fabled HEAD ON headache "cure" - only the irretrievably stupid would believe in Cutler at this point, if not sooner.

What I'm saying is that it very probably could be worse without him - and not the way the Cubs were worse with a solid plan to turn that gunk into gold, but instead being worse with no reason to think it will improve literally any time soon - and that's the most depressing part of the whole shitshow, and I have to figure the owners know this, which is why I think it's entirely more likely than MANY think it is that they'll offer him, as BRick says, an OK offer ... at that point the question is will another team be egregiously out-of-town stupid enough to bid higher.

Thank the maker for the Coob and the Hawks ... and for eventual death.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:42 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I'm not suggesting Cutler is a cure for anything ... he's basically the qb equivalent of the fabled HEAD ON headache "cure" - only the irretrievably stupid would believe in Cutler at this point, if not sooner.

What I'm saying is that it very probably could be worse without him - and not the way the Cubs were worse with a solid plan to turn that gunk into gold, but instead being worse with no reason to think it will improve literally any time soon - and that's the most depressing part of the whole shitshow, and I have to figure the owners know this, which is why I think it's entirely more likely than MANY think it is that they'll offer him, as BRick says, an OK offer ... at that point the question is will another team be egregiously out-of-town stupid enough to bid higher.

He's under contract 4 more years. The guaranteed money is gone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:50 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

They just need to move on. No point in maybe winning one more game next year. They just need to be done with the Cutler era and start fresh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I guess there is $2M in payment and/or dead space to cut him for next year. If they draft a QB at top of round one or two let Jay play a half a year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
done for year

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I wont believe it until he's actually gone. You just know someone in the Bears front office is still thinking they can fix him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Dan Hampton just said on WGN Radio that his sources told him Cutler & Fox do not like each other and it goes way back to training camp.

Miserable season was inevitable - injuries or no injuries.

I get it - not exactly breaking news but if true, maybe it explains some things?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:59 am 

Godfella wrote:
Dan Hampton just said on WGN Radio that his sources told him Cutler & Fox do not like each other and it goes way back to training camp.
:lol:

Coach killer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: None at all
Culter wouldn't speak to any media today as the team cleaned out their lockers for the year.

Once a bitch, always a bitch. ZZ covered for him anyway just in case Cutler does come back.