It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
You don't go and win 9 out of 32 damn games and do nothing about it.
They won 6 last year, looking like shit while doing it and we're supposed to improve under fox's coaching. But they got significantly worse.
Anyway I'm shocked theres no news out of Halas today.
It's unacceptable.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Wagons are being circled. Foxy and Pace will get their message synchronized in preparation of Wednesday's ExcuseFest 2017. George will be looking for a consultant to recommend the next consultant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
New OC and strength/conditioning coach. Too many injuries and not enough depth to fill in the cracks. I'm willing to go another year with Fox and Pace; if they are not at least 8-8 next year, then Fox can go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm 

You can't fix that much bad in one off season with the same coaching staff except for some outlying periphery. Blaming the conditioning coaches would be wonderfully bears though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm sure Wednesday, Ryan Pace will tell us all how "excited" he is about his 3-13 football team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm not sure if I posted this yesterday but Hub said that Pace's 1st choice for coach was Dan Quinn until Fox was available and that's who Accorsi/Ownership wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Caller Bob wrote:
I'm sure Wednesday, Ryan Pace will tell us all how "excited" he is about his 3-13 football team.

His 1st draft pick caught 19 passes instead of zero. What's not to be excited about?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
They will point to the Development of younger players no less than 8 times during the press conference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
The team was so shitty bear fans are too despondent to even galvanize and call for mass firings.. bears apathy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:53 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
People here don't like football, they just like the idea of liking the Bears. CHICAGO TOUGH GRABOWSKIS! We're not Texas or western Pennsylvania, thank Christ.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=104243

WTF,am I speaking Serbian around here?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:26 pm 

Word out of Halas Hall is that Virginia is pissed [sarcasm]. It's only been what...31 or 32 years since they won the SuperBowl. I wonder how their study of the grass vs. field turf is coming along.

The Bears & ownership should be power-brokers in today's NFL...instead they are happy to get their annual participation trophies. Sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:24 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The Bears are a joke. How do you fire Lovie at 10-6, then fire Trestman/Emery after 13 wins in 32 games, and then NOT fire Fox and/or Pace after just 9 wins in 32 games? Injuries were bad, but you know what? Seattle had just as many players on IR and look where they are. The Vikings lost their starting QB and Hall of Fame RB (and their Offensive Coordinator left midseason) and they still went 8-8. Adam Gase is going to the playoffs...

Everything the Bears do is fucking pathetic. They have the worst stadium, the worst playing surface, the shittiest concessions (RC Cola = cheapskates). Players give them no respect (looking at you Alshon). And they will likely retain the services of the all-time coach killer, Jay Cutler.

Ted Phillips should be ashamed and run out of town. He's a worthless piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 am 

Firing a general manager only two years in seems rash and the kind of move that, even if Pace isn't a great GM, doesn't portend improvement because odds are any other hire will be worse. I don't know what the argument is for John Fox. Whenever this team is good again, he won't have anything to do with it. Get it over with and get him out.

I don't know. This franchise just seems pointless nowadays. They do what they do, people buy into a myth about themselves that we love the Bears because loving the Bears is what we do, they average 7 wins a year, nothing ever really happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:07 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Changing the GM also seems rather pointless since Pace evidently didn't have say in Fox to begin with. This is what the Bears have been doing over and over since they fired Angelo. They hamstrung their GM search because they insisted whoever they hired had to keep and work with Lovie, they hamstrung their coaching search by insisting that whoever they hired had to be willing to retain Marinelli (who left anyway :lol: ), and now they hired a GM who evidently wasn't even allowed to hire his own coach. It's simply amazing that all these external conditions have been placed on job openings when it's quite clear Ted Phillips has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with football decisions.

The sad part is despite what a debacle of a season this was, the Bears still aren't the worst positioned team in town. The Bulls' future looks far bleaker since the Bears are more likely to turn things around sooner or later because of how dumb the NFL is. I think there's also something to be said for having owners who are passively bad a la the McCaskeys rather than the more actively bad owners like Haslam or York.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:18 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'm not sure if I posted this yesterday but Hub said that Pace's 1st choice for coach was Dan Quinn until Fox was available and that's who Accorsi/Ownership wanted.

Hub was even more aggressive than you are letting on. He said Fox was pushed on him over Quinn by upper management.

Hub really stepped out on Sunday. He went as far as to say two people with non football backgrounds have been making football decisions for far too long and either need to be removed or secluded from football decisions. Typical of Hub, he did not name either of the two.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:22 am 

A GM can't let that happen though. He needs to fight for his guy rather than accepting a coach he doesn't want because some other guy in the organization wants them. It's as much on him as anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Hub was even more aggressive than you are letting on. He said Fox was pushed on him over Quinn by upper management.

Hub really stepped out on Sunday. He went as far as to say two people with non football backgrounds have been making football decisions for far too long and either need to be removed or secluded from football decisions. Typical of Hub, he did not name either of the two.

I am not sure you heard but Bernsie has a guy and this is bullshit. :lol: Seriouosly, almost always trust Hub over Bernsie.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Firing a general manager only two years in seems rash and the kind of move that, even if Pace isn't a great GM, doesn't portend improvement because odds are any other hire will be worse. I don't know what the argument is for John Fox. Whenever this team is good again, he won't have anything to do with it. Get it over with and get him out.

I don't know. This franchise just seems pointless nowadays. They do what they do, people buy into a myth about themselves that we love the Bears because loving the Bears is what we do, they average 7 wins a year, nothing ever really happens.

We have become one of THOSE teams. Constantly below .500, changing direction every 2 years, relying on history and loyal fandom to give them some national credibility and abounding in bad drafts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 am 

They hired a guy who cut his teeth in an organization that has been running in quicksand for years after a single Super Bowl win and expected different? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Actually, this is different. They were 1 win away from a division title under Trestman.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am 

good dolphin wrote:
We have become one of THOSE teams. Constantly below .500, changing direction every 2 years, relying on history and loyal fandom to give them some national credibility and abounding in bad drafts

Basically the Buffalo Bills with wealthier fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 am 

On a team devoid with playmakers, let the record show that neither the last two top ten draft picks were on the field in the final game. Floyd looks like a nice player, but Pace had Vic Beasley staring him in the eye in 2015 and passed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
A GM can't let that happen though. He needs to fight for his guy rather than accepting a coach he doesn't want because some other guy in the organization wants them. It's as much on him as anyone.

I'm sure they went with a young, first-time GM for many reasons, one being that they could control him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
jimmypasta wrote:
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=104243

WTF,am I speaking Serbian around here?

Yes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I know it can't be proven, but I still think the only reason Pace got the job was because he told Phillips and the McCaskeys that he could live with Cutler and they wouldn't have to take the financial hit, even though it was long known Cutler was a loser.

And who recommended Pace? Accorsi, who now works for the Lions. :lol:

Clowns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Floyd looks like a nice player

When he not tackling with his head down and getting concussed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:15 pm 

stinkfist wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Floyd looks like a nice player

When he not tackling with his head down and getting concussed.

Yeah, ideally Pace drafts Beasley who was an ideal fit with Fangio coming in. Then this year we grab a corner Apple or Hargraves and we are sitting pretty. We would still have to replace the thought of Kevin White, but I think UDFA Cam Merideth is up to that task.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:45 pm 

Killer V wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I'm sure they went with a young, first-time GM for many reasons, one being that they could control him.
I still would hold that against him. He has a job to fight for his guy and convince his bosses that he is making the right decision and then own that. You are probably right that they didn't want a strong personality but when your job is on the line you can't accept a guy like Fox unless you believe in him too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:19 pm 

Were not blaming injuries but hey injuries