It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Well anytime you call for backing a guy who was benched for Tebow it shows you know quarterbacks. Did he have a "first round grade" in your ranking system? If so maybe we should see if we can trade the third pick in the draft for the future rights to his kin.
I have no idea what you are rambling about. Orton was a good game manager and a borderline starter. He did not have a "first round grade" and he was drafted in the correct round. He shouldn't have been playing his rookie year either but he did.

You used 20 minutes of below average play to say Watson was "not looking like pro potential" and then almost immediately he won the national championship with his play! :lol:

I said he was not playing well at the time, which is a fact. I never made a statement that the game was over or that he will not be good in the pros. I literally said so far. Then you piled on like an ass for no reason. Watson was great in the second half. Will he be a good pro? No idea.

And you know exactly what I am saying. I think the idea of drafting any QB with a "first round grade" at three is a much more ridiculous thing to say than: this guy is currently not playing well in a game. A "first round grade" means one of the top 32 prospects in the draft. So I don't think that a prospect rated number say 25 should be taken 3 even if QB is the most important position, especially given the high burnout rate for first round quarterbacks.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 am 

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I still question whether Watson can make all the NFL throws. Vince Young was a winner in college too ya know.

Vince Young in three seasons in the weak ass big 12, with no defense~

84-143 - 6 TD 7 int
148-250 12 TD 11 int
212-325 26td 10 int

Vince young would have been sucking his thumb and crying for his mama against that defense last night.

Watson 3 years

93-137 14 TD 2 int
333-491 35 TD 13 int
388-579 41 TD. 17 int

Not fair at all to Vince Young, who had a better QB rating and a better YPA than Watson in their respective senior seasons. Young also was a much better runner, and not asked to throw the ball as much. Young beat what was considered the greatest college team ever at the time. And was the Big 12 of 2005-6 really that much worse than the watered down ACC of today? Come on.

Young burned out as a pro, but it does not mean that he was not great in college or that Watson will certainly be better than him.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Caller Bob wrote:
So he throws a lot more interceptions than Vince Young, that's scary.

Yeah, Florio on Mully and Hanley said add 10 to any college kid's season interception total and that's probably what he'll have in an NFL season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Well anytime you call for backing a guy who was benched for Tebow it shows you know quarterbacks. Did he have a "first round grade" in your ranking system? If so maybe we should see if we can trade the third pick in the draft for the future rights to his kin.
I have no idea what you are rambling about. Orton was a good game manager and a borderline starter. He did not have a "first round grade" and he was drafted in the correct round. He shouldn't have been playing his rookie year either but he did.

You used 20 minutes of below average play to say Watson was "not looking like pro potential" and then almost immediately he won the national championship with his play! :lol:

I said he was not playing well at the time, which is a fact. I never made a statement that the game was over or that he will not be good in the pros. I literally said so far. Then you piled on like an ass for no reason. Watson was great in the second half. Will he be a good pro? No idea.

And you know exactly what I am saying. I think the idea of drafting any QB with a "first round grade" at three is a much more ridiculous thing to say than: this guy is currently not playing well in a game. A "first round grade" means one of the top 32 prospects in the draft. So I don't think that a prospect rated number say 25 should be taken 3 even if QB is the most important position, especially given the high burnout rate for first round quarterbacks.
Saying he wasn't playing well is fine. Saying he is "not looking like pro material" is not.

I guess if Tom Brady throws a pick this weekend I can say he "doesn't look like an NFL QB"!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:49 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, Florio on Mully and Hanley said add 10 to any college kid's season interception total and that's probably what he'll have in an NFL season.
That sounds made up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

That sounds made up.
I mean the +10 interceptions thing. I'm sure he said it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Kyle Orton had 5 picks his last year at Purdue and 13 picks his first year as an NFL starter. Based on this one example I conclude it's totally legit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It's like this, 17 picks is alot for a college QB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's like this, 17 picks is alot for a college QB
I'll take 41 touchdowns and 17 interceptions every single year and be very happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I was unnecessarily "ruff" on Ruffcorn. I was antsy this morning. He's really not dumb like most posters here are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:11 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Saying he wasn't playing well is fine. Saying he is "not looking like pro material" is not.

I guess if Tom Brady throws a pick this weekend I can say he "doesn't look like an NFL QB"!

It was a specific response to Caller Bob suggesting that if Watson plays well in the title game then the Bears should look to take him with the 3rd pick. So I was saying he was not looking like he was going to be a great pro worth the number three pick at that point in the game. So it certainly is exactly the same as saying multiple MVP Tom Brady does not belong if he throws an interception in a playoff game.

Really it was oft-handed attempt to discuss an aspect of the game as it was going on, but I can see how that comment did not get "a first round grade."

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It was a specific response to Caller Bob suggesting that if Watson plays well in the title game then the Bears should look to take him with the 3rd pick. So I was saying he was not looking like he was going to be a great pro worth the number three pick at that point in the game. So it certainly is exactly the same as saying multiple MVP Tom Brady does not belong if he throws an interception in a playoff game.

Really it was oft-handed attempt to discuss an aspect of the game as it was going on, but I can see how that comment did not get "a first round grade."

I like Watson, best QB in draft IMO but I wouldn't even consider him at 3, I wouldn't mind trading up with the second round pick and grabbing him at 26th or 27th if he's available. I think someone will reach and grab him with the 11th or 12th pick though, no problem.. Next years draft is QB heavy and I'd rather grab from that lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm 

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I still question whether Watson can make all the NFL throws. Vince Young was a winner in college too ya know.

84-143 - 6 TD 7 int
148-250 12 TD 11 int
212-325 26td 10 int

Vince young would have been sucking his thumb and crying for his mama against that defense last night.

Watson 3 years

93-137 14 TD 2 int
333-491 35 TD 13 int
388-579 41 TD. 17 int

Not fair at all to Vince Young, who had a better QB rating and a better YPA than Watson in their respective senior seasons. Young also was a much better runner, and not asked to throw the ball as much. Young beat what was considered the greatest college team ever at the time. And was the Big 12 of 2005-6 really that much worse than the watered down ACC of today? Come on.

Young burned out as a pro, but it does not mean that he was not great in college or that Watson will certainly be better than him.

Wasn't the defense young beat the one with Mathews, Cushing, Maluaga and some other highly drafted LB as their LB unit?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

84-143 - 6 TD 7 int
148-250 12 TD 11 int
212-325 26td 10 int

Watson 3 years

93-137 14 TD 2 int
333-491 35 TD 13 int
388-579 41 TD. 17 int

Wasn't the defense young beat the one with Mathews, Cushing, Maluaga and some other highly drafted LB as their LB unit?

Yes. That team was loaded with NFL talent. http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-foot ... 06aaa.html

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Rueben Randle, he's on the team for next year!

Rueben Randle - WR - Bears
Bears signed WR Rueben Randle to a reserve/future contract.
Reserve/future deals aren't typically handed out to former second-round picks, but Rueben was eligible after spending 2016 on the street. Randle is barely two years removed from a 938-yard campaign, but didn't even come close to making the receiver-needy Eagles' 53-man roster last summer. Randle turns 26 in May.
Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:

Reserve/future deals aren't typically handed out to former second-round picks, but Rueben was eligible after spending 2016 on the street. Randle is barely two years removed from a 938-yard campaign, but didn't even come close to making the receiver-needy Eagles' 53-man roster last summer. Randle turns 26 in May.

Well........they need receivers. That's about all I can say about Rueben Randle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
http://www.nfl.com/player/ruebenrandle/2533533/profile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 pm 

sounds like a pretty good get to me

Was he hurt last year?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
sounds like a pretty good get to me

Was he hurt last year?

Nope. Pretty odd fall from 2015

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not sure what the story is but has to be better than some of the crap we had.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Caller Bob wrote:

Finally, someone that can fill the shoes of Devin Aromashodu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Ego cut.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
312player wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Draft (clap) a (clap) fucking (clap) QB (clap)

It's. The. Only. Way.

Okay numbnuts, I see you and a handful of other turds keep preaching this...obviously QB is the most important position to hit on, you can't force it though. Look @ 2014 or 2007 or 2006, sometimes its only horseshit available at the QB position. I feel this year is one of those years, stop crying for a garbage QB...next year will he much better.

Bump

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU