It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
If Clemson wins tonight, and Watson is a big part of that, I might be on board with taken Watson at 3 or trading down a "tad" and taking him.

He's got accuracy/turnover issues, but by all accounts, he's a great leader/teammate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 pm 

I'm going to work from the assumption that one QB will be taken before the Bears and that either Garret or Allen will be there when they pick. I think this will present them with many offers to trade down. All three options are intriguing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I'm going to work from the assumption that one QB will be taken before the Bears and that either Garret or Allen will be there when they pick. I think this will present them with many offers to trade down. All three options are intriguing.

Yes motherfucker, yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
If Clemson wins tonight, and Watson is a big part of that, I might be on board with taken Watson at 3 or trading down a "tad" and taking him.

He's got accuracy/turnover issues, but by all accounts, he's a great leader/teammate.

So far Watson is not looking like pro material. Breaking under the pressure.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:15 pm 

He's kind of like "The Black Jay Cutler"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
He's kind of like "The Black Jay Cutler"

He's tough as nails, he's poised, a leader that's respected by teammates n coaches, he's actually nothing like that buster Jay, he's a winner.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

So far Watson is not looking like pro material. Breaking under the pressure.

I love how stupid and wrong so many of the posters here are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
America wrote:
I love how stupid and wrong so many of the posters here are.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 am 

Yea yea I'm not the one declaring 20 minutes into a game that a guy is caving under pressure like a dolt. That kind of arrogant stupidity is basically the native religion of this place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
America wrote:
Yea yea I'm not the one declaring 20 minutes into a game that a guy is caving under pressure like a dolt. That kind of arrogant stupidity is basically the native religion of this place.

That's why this place is the best. Let your opinion rip. No matter it's validity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
America wrote:

That's why this place is the best. Let your opinion rip. No matter it's validity.

Yep.

If you want reasoned and measured reactions, this isn't the place.

Plus ruffcorn was right when he said it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:33 am 

Jonathan Allen said after the game that even after the Bama defense got a few licks in he didn't feel like Watson was rattled. So no, it wasn't "right at the time".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
America wrote:
Jonathan Allen said after the game that even after the Bama defense got a few licks in he didn't feel like Watson was rattled. So no, it wasn't "right at the time".

Was he playing well 20 minutes into the game? No.

Did he end up playing great? Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:40 am 

America wrote:

He was not good in the first half. Hence so far, but go ahead and be a dick about it for no reason. It was merely talking about game action at the time when he had a 60 passer rating while not being pressured.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am 

America wrote:

He was not good in the first half. Hence so far, but go ahead and be a dick about it for no reason. It was merely talking about game action at the time when he had a 60 passer rating while not being pressured.
"Not looking like pro material". :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:

"Not looking like pro material". :lol:

Well the Kyle Orton champion certainly knows what a pro QB looks like.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 am 

Wow, you sure got me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wow, you sure got me!

Well anytime you call for backing a guy who was benched for Tebow it shows you know quarterbacks. Did he have a "first round grade" in your ranking system? If so maybe we should see if we can trade the third pick in the draft for the future rights to his kin.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 am 

I still question whether Watson can make all the NFL throws. Vince Young was a winner in college too ya know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 am 

Well anytime you call for backing a guy who was benched for Tebow it shows you know quarterbacks. Did he have a "first round grade" in your ranking system? If so maybe we should see if we can trade the third pick in the draft for the future rights to his kin.
I have no idea what you are rambling about. Orton was a good game manager and a borderline starter. He did not have a "first round grade" and he was drafted in the correct round. He shouldn't have been playing his rookie year either but he did.

You used 20 minutes of below average play to say Watson was "not looking like pro potential" and then almost immediately he won the national championship with his play! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Rick, do you personally think Watson or (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be successful NFL QB's after being drafter in the top of the first round?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 am 

pittmike wrote:
Rick, do you personally think Watson or (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be successful NFL QB's after being drafter in the top of the first round?
I think Watson has a good chance to be really good.

I think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the kind of guy that is going to drop when they start doing draft workouts. We have to see how he does there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I think Watson has a good chance to be really good.

I think (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the kind of guy that is going to drop when they start doing draft workouts. We have to see how he does there.

I haven't watched (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky nor Watson except for their games against Pitt this past season. Like most I do not know if their game will translate but they were very good in their own elements. I will wait until all star games and workouts to decide.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
I still question whether Watson can make all the NFL throws. Vince Young was a winner in college too ya know.

Vince Young in three seasons in the weak ass big 12, with no defense~

84-143 - 6 TD 7 int
148-250 12 TD 11 int
212-325 26td 10 int

Vince young would have been sucking his thumb and crying for his mama against that defense last night.

Watson 3 years

93-137 14 TD 2 int
333-491 35 TD 13 int
388-579 41 TD. 17 int

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 am 

So he throws a lot more interceptions than Vince Young, that's scary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:12 am 

Yea that's the knock. But Watson is a smart kid who can easily handle the NFL playbooks and schemes whereas Vince Young was and (I assume) continues to be one of the dumbest people alive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 am 

I wouldn't hate Watson on the Bears, I think he's got off the chart intangibles. There are just things about his pure passing skills that scare me especially when thinking how they will play in the next level.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I wouldn't hate Watson on the Bears, I think he's got off the chart intangibles. There are just things about his pure passing skills that scare me especially when thinking how they will play in the next level.

I'm right there with you and everyone else who is intrigued but not sold. What happens if the Bears are on the clock, Watson is on the board, and the Jets are on the phone offering their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks this year for #3 overall and (presumably) Watson? I'd be inclined to take that deal, but if you do and Watson goes HAM in 2017 with a Prescott-like year dragging the moribund Jets to the playoffs that will be it for Ryan Pace unless he drafts a QB that looks just as promising.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 am 

America wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm right there with you and everyone else who is intrigued but not sold. What happens if the Bears are on the clock, Watson is on the board, and the Jets are on the phone offering their 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks this year for #3 overall and (presumably) Watson? I'd be inclined to take that deal, but if you do and Watson goes HAM in 2017 with a Prescott-like year dragging the moribund Jets to the playoffs that will be it for Ryan Pace unless he drafts a QB that looks just as promising.

I take that deal in a heartbeat. The Jets don't have the same offensive supporting cast as the Cowboys. You can probably get him in the 6th round or maybe UDFA, but you know who also tore up that Bama defense? Chad Kelly. I'd take a late filer on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am 

And I'd use that extra 2nd or 4th round pick on Ryan Anderson. He's a beast.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next