It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Contract is actually pretty reasonable for a starting QB for the next 2 seasons. Will a team be willing to trade for him, even knowing the Bears will cut him otherwise? Good chance trying to sign him after him getting cut could be a less team friendly deal than he has now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. You can get a 3rd rounder for him. Maybe a 2nd if it's a bidding war between 2 or 3 teams.

I'm still not convinced that the Bears won't bring him back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm 

Yes.

but he will be the Bears starting QB on Opening Day 2017

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Anything for him at all and saving a $2M hit to cut him is best for everyone.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Yeah. You can get a 3rd rounder for him. Maybe a 2nd if it's a bidding war between 2 or 3 teams.

Anyone who trades a 2nd or 3rd for Cutler will be unemployed about eight months later. Or nominated to serve as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, quite naturally.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
Yes.

but he will be the Bears starting QB on Opening Day 2017

Probably the safest bet at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Florio was speculating that if McDaniel gets the Niners job he might be interested in trading for Cutler.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:

You know less about football than you do about radio.
A bidding war (there will not be one) would bring a fifth.
A sixth is the absolute best you could expect otherwise.
He'll be cut and the Bears will get nothing.

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Beardown wrote:

Not a chance in hell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
If I had to guess I'd say the answer is no.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
No chance the Bears get a 3rd round pick for Cutler. Maybe a 6th or 7th.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
Florio was speculating that if McDaniel gets the Niners job he might be interested in trading for Cutler.

McDaniel withdrew his name from consideration.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Smart man. My guy knows he's probably only getting one more shot at it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:57 pm 

Chus wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Is "McDaniel" the Chicago nomenclature of "McDaniels", like "Jeffry/Jeffries" ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Not a chance in hell

Lol @ bidding war for Jay :lol:

I'd say there's a 3% chance he's back with the Bears, I don't think we'll get anything..I'm hoping we get a 5th or 6th round pick but I don't see us getting dick..he will be cut by June.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 pm 

You have to hope a team like the Texans get desperate. You pretty much have to find a playoff ready team with a quarterback who is not even an average quarterback. However, those teams would probably just get Romo or Tyrod Taylor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You have to hope a team like the Texans get desperate. You pretty much have to find a playoff ready team with a quarterback who is not even an average quarterback. However, those teams would probably just get Romo or Tyrod Taylor.

I think Romo is owed some ungodly amount of money next year so the only way a team will acquire him is if he is released. However, if he is released the Cowboys take a big salary cap hit, so it is unlikely Jones will cut him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think Romo is owed some ungodly amount of money next year so the only way a team will acquire him is if he is released. However, if he is released the Cowboys take a big salary cap hit, so it is unlikely Jones will cut him.

Romo has the highest cap hit in the league next year. He will be cut.

Jay has one of the lowest cap hits in the league for a starting QB not on a rookie contract.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:20 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They owe Osweiler quite a bit of dough, they won't bring in another bum like Jay..they will draft a guy this year and next.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The Cowboys actually save 5 million against the cap if they release him. They would just owe him 19 million in "dead" money. Considering they have Dax on the cheap as a starter the next few years, I think they just suck it up and pay the 19 million as a cost of doing business.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm 

312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They owe Osweiler quite a bit of dough, they won't bring in another bum like Jay..they will draft a guy this year and next.

Osweiler's salary is guaranteed in 2017. Can't afford another high priced QB on that roster. They are out.

You have the 49ers (assuming they cut Kaep before 4/1), Broncos, Bills, Jets, Jaguars, Rams, Browns, Redskins (though they will tag Cousins again), and Bears that need a QB next season. Top targets would be Kaep, Cutler, and Bradford. Of those teams, the Rams are unlikely to block their #1 turd, Skins are going to tag Cousins, Browns won't care about an old QB, and neither will the 49ers probably. That leaves 5 teams (including the Bears) which a QB upgrade could make quite a bit of difference. So the Bears have 4 teams to trade Cutler to, with the other two either trading for Bradford or signing Kaep.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
wouldn't be surprised if he never played another snap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Osweiler's salary is guaranteed in 2017. Can't afford another high priced QB on that roster. They are out.

You have the 49ers (assuming they cut Kaep before 4/1), Broncos, Bills, Jets, Jaguars, Rams, Browns, Redskins (though they will tag Cousins again), and Bears that need a QB next season. Top targets would be Kaep, Cutler, and Bradford. Of those teams, the Rams are unlikely to block their #1 turd, Skins are going to tag Cousins, Browns won't care about an old QB, and neither will the 49ers probably. That leaves 5 teams (including the Bears) which a QB upgrade could make quite a bit of difference. So the Bears have 4 teams to trade Cutler to, with the other two either trading for Bradford or signing Kaep.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/jay-cu ... ?a=viewall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:
Is "McDaniel" the Chicago nomenclature of "McDaniels", like "Jeffry/Jeffries" ?

It is McDaniels.

And I did not know his brother is currently on the Bears staff.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:13 pm 

312player wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
312player wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/jay-cu ... ?a=viewall

I like my breakdown better. Dolphins already have Jay Cutler in Ryan Tannehill. No need to trade for him. Didn't the Cardinals just extend Palmer? Not going there. Why would the Browns or 49ers waste draft picks to trade for Cutler? They aren't winning shit.

Jets are possible, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:16 pm 

If the Bears cut him, then he could end up any where.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Bears might get a 6th for him if New York freaks out but chances are they'll have to cut him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Cutler to Texans makes sense. That fan base will take anything but osweiler at QB. Not sure Texans can afford to cut big Brock.

I'm still in hopeless mode with the bears. Maybe the draft pick will help spur on some optimism

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
WARNING: HIT PAGE-DOWN ABOUT 5-7 TIMES NOW! LIKE AJ STYLES' WWE ENTRANCE THEME YOU DON'T WANT NONE!!!

Beardown wrote:

you know, you post some pretty damn "loopy" stuff on this board, but this might be just about the loopiest thing you've ever posted... and this is coming from ME for fuck's sake!

...and i'm even a cutler guy! i've been in a whole lot of arguments with people lately about how the bears should bring cutler back at that 12.5mil figure; arguing "you set his contract up so after weathering a ~$20mil storm for a few years you'd have the "back end of the deal" set up with team/cap-friendly #s so that way should cutler not live up to expectations you'd be in the catbird's seat to figure out how you wanna figure out moving on from 'the jay cutler era' "

this usually garnered replies like "NUH UH!" or "we've seen that movie before! time to move on!" which would get me all "WTF?!" mainly because 1) dak prescott is an outlier, not the "tip of the iceberg" in terms of NFL teams realizing that you don't need to go get a top-5/10 overall pick QB to find legitimate quality at the position in a draft 2) the 2017 NFL draft sucks for quarterbacks (i swear to god if the bears pull the trigger on that clemson dude at #3 overall i'm gonna just go ostrich for the 2017 season [and wait for mall tidget to make a joke about what kind of pants i'm wearing while my head is buried in the ground] and 3) honestly, as fashionable and en vogue as it is to do, i don't think you can really put 2017 on jay cutler, who was unfairly scapegoated to absolve fox-n-friends of any and all responsibility for the bears starting off the regular season woefully un/der-coached and not ready to play 60mins of NFL football week-in/week-out.

12.5mil isn't enough $$$ to where even if you drafted some kid at QB and he's dak prescott 2: electric boogaloo and he's clearly the best QB on the roster that you're stuck with a 20mil+ albatross who you HAVE TO play because he costs too much (i.e. tony romo, who jerry jones is STILL >implying could be the guy in dallas) -- you could easily bench cutler and "go with the hot hand" -- however at the same time you're not going want to thrust an undeserving rookie/n00b into the QB role because cutler's ONLY 12.5mil, so you're basically set up with a very rational situation where you enter the season assuming that jay's gonna be your QB and with "a little energon... and a lot of luck" (- optimus prime) that if the rest of the team suddenly gets good around him (and especially if loggans can call plays that hearken GA$E's quality in 2015) you could make the playoffs and then ??? -- if not, hey, if you think you have a young QB of the future and the team is like 2-6 entering week 10 well then hey go ahead and make the switch...

...or how about the best part? YOU DON'T HAVE TO FORCE YOURSELF TO MORTGAGE THE FUTURE ON A 2017-DRAFT QB WHO YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE THAT MUCH BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE THE WHOLE FRANCHISE FALLS TO SHIT IF YOU DON'T HAVE CUTLER REPLACED BY WEEK 1 OF 2017!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO TALK YOURSELF INTO THE KID FROM CLEMSON AT #3 BECAUSE REPLACING JAY CUTLER IN 2017 = YOU'RE NOT GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ANYWAYS SO IF YOU'RE GONNA SUCK THIS YEAR ANYWAYS WHY NOT HOLD OUT AND GET A BETTER QB NEXT YEAR!??! YOU'RE NOT CLOSING A CHAMPIONSHIP WINDOW BY KEEPING CUTLER FOR 2017!!!!

and even if you wanna note that cutler technically has all of the physical tools/gifts that you could want in any QB that isn't named aaron rodgers you know that there will be some coach out there who thinks HE has what it takes to "turn jay out" into a really really good quarterback (sometimes you just gotta "unleash the dragon", eh? =)

but despite saying ALL OF THAT, thinking that you're going to get somebody else to give up a 2nd or even a third round pick for him? man.... if only i had a reaction image for that...

seriously, brandon marshall was a #1 WR coming off of an injury-plagued season where he STILL managed like ~880yds and 8TD or whatever and you got a 4th.... you could argue that martellus was a no doubt top-3 offensive TE and he got what, a 4th-6th? obviously they're not quarterbacks BUT THOSE GUYS WERE CONSIDERED GOOD! not to mention, if you're looking to move cutler it's obvious that you gave up on him (which was arguably the case with marshall+bennett, but still) and i mean... a quarterback with 0 future on your team + is renown across the league for being shit? man, why would a team give up a 2nd/3rd to get cutler in there now? what teams out there are a jay cutler away from being a legit super bowl contender? that's the kind of situation you'd need where a team says "man, if we get cutler in here for 2017 we might have a chance to win a championship that we wouldn't have a chance to win in 2018 or 2019" ---- well exactly one team comes to mind: denver. and uhhh, does anyone see that happening? honestly even if all things were equal [read: injuries] i'd take cutler over romo.... but oh yeah, beerstain is on the air telling you that jay had a labrum tear so he might never be the same.. HEY MCCLASKEY, GREAT IDEA TO PUMP UP YOUR RADIO MOUTHPIECE WITH STUFF LIKE "CUTLER MIGHT NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN" TO GET HIS TRADE VALUE SKY-HIGH!!!!!

so yeah, TLDR = yes i know i suck but like, man, the only way you get a 3rd round pick is that if there's a team out there that thinks they can legit make the playoffs only if they get cutler in RIGHT FK'N NOW, and unless you wanna say that your new york jets or your LA Rams are a team like that.... if not your Houston Texans... and they're willing to get in a bidding war with at least 1 of those other teams (assuming that Denver also "has seen this movie before") then i mean.... who the fuck is gonna throw a 2nd-3rd round pick out there for a guy who they can likely get next year without having to give up a draft pick? only a team that thinks they're a jay cutler away from having a great chance of making the playoffs, which then subscribes to "anything can happen in the playoffs" which means that they're technically a jay-cutler-away from being SB contenders... it's just not gonna happen!

so hey, how about the bears focus at not sucking on defense, having an offensive coordinator that doesn't suck... use that #3 overall pick to get the best damn offensive tackle in the draft (if he doesnt go #1/#2 overall) -- esp cuz at this point maximizing jordan howard is prolly the best thing you can do for this football team on both sides on the ball (as maximizing jordan howard = defense is on the field less) and drop in your 12.5mil QB knowing that if you really think you can out-clever the experts and unearth a gem a la dak prescott this year that there's no pressure on the kid to come in and immediately be a savior (akin to jay cutler showing up in 2009) and then you realize that JAY CUTLER ISN'T THE BOTTLENECK HOLDING THE BEARS BACK! YES HE'S SUPPOSED TO HELP AND WE WERE SOLD A BILL OF GOODS THAT HE'D BASICALLY BE RODGERS-SOUTH, AND IT SUCKS TO THINK THAT HE LET US DOWN LIKE THAT, BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE THIS BEARS TEAM HASN'T EVER BEEN AT A POINT WHERE JAY CUTLER IS THE #1 OBSTACLE TO THEM WINNING A SUPER BOWL.... WE JUST HATE HIM BECAUSE 1) LOOK AT HIM AND 2) HE WAS SUPPOSED TO THEORETICALLY BE THE #1 REASON THAT WE'D WIN A SUPER BOWL AND IT HASNT HAPPENED!!!!

but hey, go look at all the storied franchise QBs in NFL history and i'm sure most of them had, what, 6-7 different offensive coordinators in 8 seasons... happens all the time! if you can't maximize a new playbook every single year --- (with the lone exceptions being mike martz-- and hey cutler was having a way better 2011 than 2010 b4 he broke his thumb #ImJustSayin..... Rosemont!-- and of course aaron kromer / trestman... cuz 2014 = obviously jay's fault.. duh. disregard a defense that gave up ~30ppg in back to back seasons aka it COULDN'T STOP A NOSEBLEED!!! - bart scott) --- then you don't belong in the NFL! duh!

yeah idk.... man this is way too TLDR but holy fucking shit y'all wanna suck off b-rick too much cuz cutler hasn't been THE problem with the bears, but he hasn't been good enough to overcome all of the "Bears Gonna Bears" stuff over the last 8+ seasons.... and the problem with jay is that when we got him we really thought he was gonna be that guy to help us rise above all of the usual bears BS and get us to where the packers have been over the last ~8+ years.... but alas, it turns out that cutler needs both stability and a supporting cast to actually max out (or at least a competent playcaller like GA$E) and hey whaddya know whenever anybody does good for/with jay they're out of town in under 2 years for the most part... which makes you wonder "hey, were they really doing good at all?" --- yeah well hey you know getting rid of the guy's #1 receiving target twice (greg olsen and later brandon marshall) and then getting rid of martellus because he's a doo-doo-head = we find out what the bears' real #1 priority is:

making $$$ with a team comprised of nice losers. any problems with that? blame the quarterback! and for the love of god get him a new OC because if he actually starts to get to be comfortable with an offense he might actually get good, and getting good = expectations of winning and expectations of winning = pressure for the front office to also be good, and forcing the front office / ownership to be good? DUDE, GINNY'S 90+ YEARS OLD SO WHY DO >YOU< HATE THE ELDERLY? SERIOUSLY GINNY JUST WANTS TO TAKE A NAP AND HAVE THE VOLUME UP WHEN JUDGE JUDY IS ON, SO FUCK OFF AND LEAVE HER ALONE CUZ SHE'S GONNA GO OUT AND ACCOMPLISH HER #1 MISSION: MAKING SURE SHE LEAVES SOME $$$ FOR HER KIDS. WHAT HAVE >YOU< ACCOMPLISHED IN LIFE?!?!

brb, gotta go find a consultant that i can hire to come in and help advise me on how to best tell you bear-haters to fuck off.

TLDR = THE WHOLE FRANCHISE IS IRREVOCABLY FUCKED FROM THE TOP ON DOWN TO THE BEER VENDORS, WHO I KNOW FOR A FACT DON'T HAVE THE DESIRED CONCOURSE DEMEANOR THAT INSPIRES AND LEADS OTHERS TO SELL MORE BEER!!!!!!!! IN OTHER WORDS, IT'S ALL JAY CUTLER'S FAULT SO I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL!!!!! THAT BARKLEY KID, DUDE, I LIKE WHAT I SEE THERE. HE GETS RID OF THE BALL REAL QUICK, AND NO I DON'T MEAN HIS THROWING MOTION, I MEAN HE "GETS RID OF THE BALL" IN THAT HE MAKES SURE THAT THE BEARS DON'T HAVE THE BALL ANYMORE REAL QUICK. WHEN YOU'RE TANKING FOR DRAFT PICKS THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT IN A QB!!!! IT WORKED FOR THE CUBS SO WHY CAN'T IT WORK FOR YOU?! AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD [B]LEAVE GINNY ALONE!!! SHE JUST WANTS TO KNOW WHERE HER BOTTOM DENTURES ARE BECAUSE SHE HASN'T SEEN THEM FOR 2+ DAYS AND NOW YOU WANNA PRESSURE HER LIKE HER FOOTBALL TEAM IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD?!?! FUCK YOU KEVORKIAN!!!

</rant> aka </bears> aka </hey what can i say at least when you're replying to a beardown post it's not like you're replying to a normal rockwell with a jackson pollock, you know what i'm saying?>

Beardown wrote:

you say that like it's a bad thing! and about that.... [18 more paragraphs basically rehashing the above]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hmm mmm

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.