It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alshon
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Btw, I have never heard or read from anyone other than Bernsie and his cronies that Alshon is not happy with Chicago as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Kirkwood wrote:
Gotta give credit to Pace for being an innovative GM. Can't say I've ever seen a rebuild strategy built around consistently letting Pro Bowl talent walk for nothing.
Forte was way too old and expensive to keep around, and Alshon made a single Pro Bowl 3 years ago. (He played in another as an injury replacement)

You're gonna have to troll better than this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Gotta give credit to Pace for being an innovative GM. Can't say I've ever seen a rebuild strategy built around consistently letting Pro Bowl talent walk for nothing.
Forte was way too old and expensive to keep around, and Alshon made a single Pro Bowl 3 years ago. (He played in another as an injury replacement)

KW is right about Alshon. He's young and productive enough (when he's on the field) to warrant serious interest around the league.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Bears fans are unfamiliar with the behavior of All-Pro receivers. I get it. Until Marshall the position was a black hole for 50 years.

Newsflash, receivers are high maintenance divas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Bears fans are unfamiliar with the behavior of All-Pro receivers. I get it. Until Marshall the position was a black hole for 50 years.

He wasn't a diva, certainly not on the star wide receiver scale. He was uninspired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

He wasn't a diva, certainly not on the star wide receiver scale. He was uninspired.

Not in the traditional sense. However, I found his availability to be a passive aggressive ploy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:32 am 

Kirkwood wrote:

He wasn't close to elite the last two years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

KW is right about Alshon. He's young and productive enough (when he's on the field) to warrant serious interest around the league.
He (seemingly) did not like Chicago or the organization, he was ouchy, then took PEDs. Let somebody else overpay for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

He (seemingly) did not like Chicago or the organization, he was ouchy, then took PEDs. Let somebody else overpay for him.

If your car has a decent to good market value, are you going to sell it to the highest bidder or are you going to junk it because you don't like it? Keep in mind that, in this example, you're homeless and could use a cash infusion.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Is there a better option? Is cap space an issue? I do not know what the Bears are doing. They have a old win now coach, but seemingly no plan. Letting Alshon go is a bottoming out rebuild move.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Hard to trade a guy with that kind of cap hit I would imagine. I don't know. I'm good with not signing him or tagging him again. When you are looking at that kind of salary for a guy that can't seem to stay healthy all year on a team that most likely won't have a QB to get the ball to him. Its not my money, they have to spend it on something but I'm not sure I'd want to drop 16 million or whatever the tag would be this year. The Bears have tons of cap space. Hopefully they spend it wisely but I have my doubts on that as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I imagine they could get a receiver close to him for two years at his money this year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:54 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Is there a better option? Is cap space an issue? I do not know what the Bears are doing. They have a old win now coach, but seemingly no plan. Letting Alshon go is a bottoming out rebuild move.

PFT has him as the top FA WR, but only 12th biggest FA and Desean Jackson is right behind him at 13th

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/27/pfts-free-agent-hot-100/

Bears are reportedly interested in Terrell Pryor if Cleveland leaves him available.

I know it won't register with everyone but I'd like them to sign Kamar Aiken from the Ravens. I think he was underutilized in Baltimore but when they looked to him (out of necessity because of injury) he caught 75 for 944

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

If your car has a decent to good market value, are you going to sell it to the highest bidder or are you going to junk it because you don't like it? Keep in mind that, in this example, you're homeless and could use a cash infusion.
A car is not a person, unless you are that weird guy who had a relationship with a red Monte Carlo.

If you have lot of issues with your car, as the Bears have had with Alshon, there comes a time where you cut your losses and move on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
Pryor would be a dumber signing than Jeffery

The kamar Allen idea would be worth exploring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Gonna be a Pro Bowler on the Eagles next year.

My bet is Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Gonna be a Pro Bowler on the Eagles next year.

I think he will try to go somewhere warm and as close to South Carolina as possible.

I think he's going where the money is, and I think that's Philadelphia. We'll see.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm sticking with the Bucs. They have the 3rd highest cap space.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:05 pm 

He's going to the Eagles. Never doubt me again

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
1 year 14 mil to philly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Dreadnaught847 wrote:
1 year 14 mil to philly

Gambled on himself and lost so far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 pm 

The market apparently disliked him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
We could have tagged him and kept his rights for just 3 million more. We do have all this capspace.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:19 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Dreadnaught847 wrote:
1 year 14 mil to philly

Gambled on himself and lost so far.

Not really. $14 mil/year is pretty good. If he plays well this year he will sign a big contract next summer and the gamble worked out well.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:20 pm 

As for Jeffrey hating Chicago, find a better source than Bernstein and "his guy"

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
At first I see that deal and think "wow the Bears easily could've beaten that", and I'm right they easily could. But its not coulda, its shoulda. Alshon Jeffery probably isn't good anymore, and even if he is a 1 year deal isn't the right move for the Bears.

Either
1. He sucks and its $14m wasted on a WR they already know kinda sucks. Before the "WELL YOU DONT SAY THAT ABOUT GLENNON" response...Glennon plays QB and the cost to even find out whether a guy can play QB is either a draft pick or about what they paid in guaranteed money. $14m even for one year feels a bit steep for a prove-it deal on a guy who hasn't done shit in two years.
2. He is good again, in which case he walks at the end of the year and you did him a favor. If Jeffery would've taken a 3 or 4 year deal with $14m-ish guaranteed he'd still be a Bear. Rightfully so, because the Bears get a bunch of upside in keeping him for a number of years if their gamble on him pays off.

The Eagles are a lot more invested in Wentz than the Bears are in Glennon so it makes sense for them to do everything in their power to make Wentz's second year an improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:27 pm 

America wrote:
At first I see that deal and think "wow the Bears easily could've beaten that", and I'm right they easily could. But its not coulda, its shoulda. Alshon Jeffery probably isn't good anymore, and even if he is a 1 year deal isn't the right move for the Bears.

Either
1. He sucks and its $14m wasted on a WR they already know kinda sucks. Before the "WELL YOU DONT SAY THAT ABOUT GLENNON" response...Glennon plays QB and the cost to even find out whether a guy can play QB is either a draft pick or about what they paid in guaranteed money. $14m even for one year feels a bit steep for a prove-it deal on a guy who hasn't done shit in two years.
2. He is good again, in which case he walks at the end of the year and you did him a favor. If Jeffery would've taken a 3 or 4 year deal with $14m-ish guaranteed he'd still be a Bear. Rightfully so, because the Bears get a bunch of upside in keeping him for a number of years if their gamble on him pays off.

The Eagles are a lot more invested in Wentz than the Bears are in Glennon so it makes sense for them to do everything in their power to make Wentz's second year an improvement.

Basically, the Eagles are more proactive about adding talent to their team.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bears seem all over the place. Why bring in Glennon if you are not going to give him weapons? Why let Jeffry walk over a couple of million? Only makes sense if he just did not want to be here.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:29 pm 

Shitty for the Bears that this signing barely dents the "damage" of signing Glennon comp pick wise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

America wrote:

Either

This is a much better deal than Glennon's deal. Alshon is a proven #1 talent when he's healthy. If you can keep him on the field you knows he's gonna justify that contract.

Mike Glennon is not good, and the Bears just wasted a lot of money to find that out over the next year or two.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next