It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Mike Glennon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet Mar 1

As teams sort through the various QB options -- there are many -- 2 potential landing spots have emerged for Mike Glennon: #Bears and #Jets

Seriously, who cares. Why not.

Post subject: Re: Mike Glennon
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
For all intents and purposes the Bears have unlimited cap space this offseason so I have absolutely no problem with bringing him in. Its rare but teams have found franchise guys through free agency, so I guess they can take a spin at that wheel. And even if Glennon sucks he checks the only box that matters, which is not being Jay Cutler.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If Glennon coming here means Jays gone, I welcome it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Cheaper gamble to draft one of the three first rounders than this guy.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
pittmike wrote:

Its actually more of a gamble. I would rather spend some money on a guy and front load the money for cap space in the future than lose the chance to get someone like Jamal Adams or possibly Myles Garret he may drop after the combine and people start putting these QB's at such a high grade. Happens every year.

Safety has been the achilles heel for this defense since Mike Brown.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:

Only if you ignore the opportunity cost.

But yeah, this guy fucking blows. There's a reason only two teams are interested.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Myrradah wrote:
Safety has been the achilles heel for this defense since Mike Brown.

QB has been the Achilles heel of this team offense since Sid Luckman.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
PM is correct. Who cares.

Glennon, Barkley, Hoyer, Cutler, whoever. As long as there is a rookie as the backup/3rd stringer for the most of the season who gets the chance to possibly start the final 2-4 games it really doesn't matter who the starter in September is.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
PM is correct. Who cares.

Glennon, Barkley, Hoyer, Cutler, whoever. As long as there is a rookie as the backup/3rd stringer for the most of the season who gets the chance to possibly start the final 2-4 games it really doesn't matter who the starter in September is.

Yup. The only thing that matters is getting a legit rookie QB here. They can even keep cutler one more year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Glennon is only 27, he's 6'7" and has 30 TDs ~ 15 int. He's cheaper than Jay and probably better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 am 

312player wrote:
Glennon is only 27, he's 6'7" and has 30 TDs ~ 15 int. He's cheaper than Jay and probably better.

Yeah I see that but he will have to be signed for 4 years and that is too risky for me. If they do not draft a QB in round 1-2 then might as well roll out the crap they already have.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:04 am 

312player wrote:
His ceiling is probably an ok quarterback.

The reason to keep Jay for another year is that he is already under contract and you can get rid of him at any time if the new guy works out and he would still play but then probably get injured or benched and the new guy can come in. You want to avoid a Rams-like situation when people are saying "Get the new guy in there!" if he isn't ready.

Also, it would be nice if Jay didn't get another nice contract from another team and keeping him for a year makes him another year older and less likely to get anything but a short term deal from another team given his age and production. Some dumb team probably gives Jay a big contract if we cut him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:09 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

The reason to keep Jay for another year is that he is already under contract and you can get rid of him at any time if the new guy works out and he would still play but then probably get injured or benched and the new guy can come in. You want to avoid a Rams-like situation when people are saying "Get the new guy in there!" if he isn't ready.

Also, it would be nice if Jay didn't get another nice contract from another team and keeping him for a year makes him another year older and less likely to get anything but a short term deal from another team given his age and production. Some dumb team probably gives Jay a big contract if we cut him.

Wow. Brick finally admitting it is personal for him regarding Cutler.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
312player wrote:

Wow. Brick finally admitting it is personal for him regarding Cutler.
Huh?

Why would I want Jay Cutler to get cut here and get a big contract somewhere else? He failed to justify his salary here.

It's not a shock I'm not a fan of Cutler. You think I would celebrate if he got another $60 million guaranteed? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
312player wrote:
If Glennon coming here means Jays gone, I welcome it.

did you miss the bit where pace recently said that jay hasnt been medically cleared yet so until that happens he can't be released or traded? when you keep in mind that this came out roughly a week after "the bears are shopping jay cutler aggressively" stories hit, man, that sound you hear in the distance is the palpitations of boilermaker rick's heart!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The fact we are even entertaining the thought of signing Mike fucking Glennon as our starting QB shows how big of losers we are as a fanbase and organization.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Hockey Gay wrote:
The fact we are even entertaining the thought of signing Mike fucking Glennon as our starting QB shows how big of losers we are as a fanbase and organization.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Hockey Gay wrote:

Yes. And watch the Score, especially Mully and Hanley, sell this guy like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Glennon is bad.

Tampa knew that.

Not worth 15 million a year.

Mike Glennon is 2017 speak for Brock Osweiler.

Draft someone and play fucking Hoyer for a year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am on board with the Hoyer/draft pick route. I hate devoting money to a guy like Glennon when they have so many other needs. Plus there is part of me that wants them to lose for another year or two to get more high picks. The team only has a handful of play makers, so it's not like you can turn this into a winner in one year anyway. Given last year's draft, I have some faith in Pace to find decent players throughout entire draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:00 am 

Mike Glennon getting top end backup money is fine. Mike Glennon getting starter money is a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
15 million would be a disaster... 12 million would still be too much. I think they said Tampa offered 7 or something close to that as a backup. Maybe offer him that with some incentives or bonuses or whatever I don't know but I'm not getting rid of Cutlers 16 million to have the same hit for Glennon basically. Yuck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:41 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
15 million would be a disaster... 12 million would still be too much. I think they said Tampa offered 7 or something close to that as a backup. Maybe offer him that with some incentives or bonuses or whatever I don't know but I'm not getting rid of Cutlers 16 million to have the same hit for Glennon basically. Yuck

Exactly. 7 million and the promise to start is better than 7 million with the promise to back up. 7 million with starter incentives should fit the bill. Let someone else make the mistake of overvaluing him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'd rather Jay get cut
Sign Hoyer again for another contract at half the cost of Glennon.
Take they money you'd save to improve the O line and maybe sign Alshon if he's under 11-12 million per.
Go best available in the first. If Allen is there take him although the shoulder issues worry me.
Go qb in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Glennon is an expensive goofy looking flaming trashcan.

So, of course the team that has never been able to identify a QB in team history identifies him as a top priority.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I am trying to understand something. IF Pace signs Glennon or uses the #3 pick on a QB, who the fuck is he throwing to?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I'd rather Jay get cut
Take they money you'd save to improve the O line and maybe sign Alshon if he's under 11-12 million per.
Go best available in the first. If Allen is there take him although the shoulder issues worry me.
Go qb in the 2nd.

That is basically the way I feel. Although it looks like a great defensive back may drop to their second round pick. I wouldn't stretch too far for a QB in this draft since none seem worthy. It is quite the dilemma since this franchise desperately needs a QB, and yet none of the options seem to make sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
Mike Glennon getting top end backup money is fine. Mike Glennon getting starter money is a disaster.

Completely agree. He's not worth the money.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I'd rather Jay get cut
Go qb in the 2nd.

That is basically the way I feel. Although it looks like a great defensive back may drop to their second round pick. I wouldn't stretch too far for a QB in this draft since none seem worthy. It is quite the dilemma since this franchise desperately needs a QB, and yet none of the options seem to make sense.

I agree with you guys. If they think Glennon is a bridge guy then why not spend less and go with Hoyer who is also a bridge guy? Hoyer is making $2 million and they're going to pay $8 to $10 million a year more for someone who is still just a placeholder? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:19 am 

The idea is Glennon could be good but in a bad situation with that mess of an organization.

So this mess of an organization can unlock his potential!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 278 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next