It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mark Sanchez
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
what is the point of this signing? camp arm with minimal guarenteed?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
billypootons wrote:
what is the point of this signing? camp arm with minimal guarenteed?

Probably. I'm not saying this is the case but it would be hilarious if they think they don't need a QB in the top three rounds at worst here in the draft.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:48 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
To me this indicates they have a QB high on their draft priority list. Internally they may still prefer Shaw to Sanchez as the third stringer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I had been thinking about this and just listened to ZZ with M&H and they seem to also think the same as I do. I think this signing means nothing really. Sanchez having been around a lot of teams may be considered good to have around to influence younder QBs and maybe even Glennon. The thought is he might not have the best talent but may have a good head on his shoulders, attitude, work habits etc.

Even with all that it was pointed out that last year the Broncos did the same thing with him and their QBs. In the end he didn't make the team as he was deemed unnecessary. Bottom line the consensus and mine is the Bears will draft a QB to go along with what they got and Sanchez may not even make the team. There weren't any guarantees.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Btw I don't really understand what's so outrageous about the buttfumble. How this plays has lived on in pop cultur like few ever have befuddles me. He ran into his own guy and fumbled...As a veteran observer of Bears football I have seen it happen before I feel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:26 am 

America wrote:
Btw I don't really understand what's so outrageous about the buttfumble. How this plays has lived on in pop cultur like few ever have befuddles me. He ran into his own guy and fumbled...As a veteran observer of Bears football I have seen it happen before I feel.

Today's culture is all I got for that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 am 

America wrote:
To me this indicates they have a QB high on their draft priority list. Internally they may still prefer Shaw to Sanchez as the third stringer.

How do you figure that it means they have a QB high on their list from this signing?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
This fucking team.

Fuck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 am 

America wrote:

it is the perfect encapsulation of the new york jets football team and organization. that one play... it's perfect. snap... play is immediately broken, sanchez tries to run forward only to run literally in to the butt of his own player.. he fumbles.. ball is returned for a touchdown by the patriots... the same patriots who happen to be the gold standard for NFL football organizations (based on winning at least).... perfection. i still laugh when i see it. if that play were scripted in an adam sandler football movie it would be criticized for being impossibly fake and never would happen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
While you don't have the can't miss #1 franchise QB in this draft, I don think this QB draft is better than last year. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is much better prospect than Wentz.
I really think Mahommes could be stud, if you mold him right. If they pass on a QB early in this draft, fuck them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Sanchez is the older,slower version of Jay Cutler. I hope he doesn't make it in the regular season. I think he is just insurance in case something happens to the #1 guy in preseason.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
jimmypasta wrote:
Sanchez is the older,slower version of Jay Cutler. I hope he doesn't make it in the regular season. I think he is just insurance in case something happens to the #1 guy in preseason.

Cutler is older than buttfumble. Has a far better arm. Is an all around better QB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:54 pm 

contract is 2 mil per year with incentives it could hit 3... worst yet, it's $1M in guaranteed money so they must be planning on him being on the roster...

Nothing like bidding against yourself for QB talent.

so much for them being "high on" conor shaw... because that only leaves 1 QB spot available for either Shaw or for a rookie QB.... unless their plan is to draft a 6-7th round rookie qb and stash him on practice squad....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 pm 

billypootons wrote:
contract is 2 mil per year with incentives it could hit 3... worst yet, it's $1M in guaranteed money so they must be planning on him being on the roster...

Nothing like bidding against yourself for QB talent.

so much for them being "high on" conor shaw... because that only leaves 1 QB spot available for either Shaw or for a rookie QB.... unless their plan is to draft a 6-7th round rookie qb and stash him on practice squad....

Unless they do not care about eating $1M this is a bad piece of news.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:15 pm 

I thought that you can't "stash" anyone on the Practice Squad. They are free to join any team that wants them unless that has changed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I thought that you can't "stash" anyone on the Practice Squad. They are free to join any team that wants them unless that has changed.

Right they would have to clear waivers first.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
So they are bringing in a QB to help the starter who basically has a front loaded 1 year deal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
As long as it doesn't stop them from drafting a QB this year, I don't care. If asshole Fox decides he wants to start his vet over Glennon or a rookie.... now I have a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The move is just dumb, I wouldn't want buttfumble on my roster for free. I wouldn't want my young guys or Glennon learning anything from that turd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Wait this is real? They signed Mark Sanchez? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:39 pm 

312player wrote:
The move is just dumb, I wouldn't want buttfumble on my roster for free. I wouldn't want my young guys or Glennon learning anything from that turd.

I have watched him play and really am surprised he still is in the league.
The Bears would have been better off signing Jeff Garcia.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
312player wrote:

Yup, he's Jimmy Clausen or Matt Leinart, he don't belong in the league, never did.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
312player wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
312player wrote:

Yup, he's Jimmy Clausen or Matt Leinart, he don't belong in the league, never did.

He's going to be the backup or 3rd string. No reason to be outraged unless management comes out and says he's competing for a starting role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:44 pm 

I don't think anybody is outraged, just befuddled. The guy absolutely blows, go with an unknown like Shaw and Takes over a known bum.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 pm 

They like Connor Shaw enough to resign him after a broken leg. Then instead of giving him the backup role (which I will assume Fox wanted nothing to do with), they sign Sanchez. How will they ever find out anything about Shaw if Fox is given the option to play Sanchez over Shaw. I'm not saying that Shaw is a franchise QB but it's very hard to judge when he isn't on the field. Sanchez is a known commodity. He sucks. He should not even be in the backup role.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
Wait this is real? They signed Mark Sanchez? :lol:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I really don't see this as a big deal. But I do think it means that they're leaning towards Kizer at 3 as opposed to trading up from 35 to 25-29 to get the 4th QB taken, somebody like Mahomes.

So then there are three scenarios:

Scenario 1: Kizer goes in the top 2, and they end up going defense at #3
Outcome for Sanchez: #3 QB behind Glennon and Cook, but he might dress as #2 for the first 5-6 weeks as Cook's development progresses
Impact on fans: Would you rather have Jimmy Clauson again?

Scenario 2: They draft Kizer at #3, but Glennon gets hurt in the pre-season
Outcome for Sanchez: He gets to start a few games until Kizer can play without getting himself killed
Impact on fans: It's going to suck, but having your starting QB get injured in the pre-season always sucks.

Scenario 3: They draft Kizer at #3, and everybody stays healthy
Outcome for Sanchez: He gets a few meals at Gibson's and some lovely parting gifts after the 4th exhibition game
Impact on fans: No different than picking up the dumbass who Lovie used to always have in camp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
More playoff wins and playoff games than Cutler.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:20 pm 

Chet, I disagree. Glennon's signing, to me, pretty much signaled they are not going with a QB at 3.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Peoria Matt wrote:
Chet, I disagree. Glennon's signing, to me, pretty much signaled they are not going with a QB at 3.

I think it signals that they don't think Kizer will make it to #3, so they need an option in case it doesn't happen.

If Kizer is there at 3, Glennon starts for a while and then when he eventually sucks he moves to a backup role or gets traded to a team desperate for a human at QB.