It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bears 2017 schedule
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am 

America wrote:
W_Z wrote:
are you this mentally broken? you completely missed the point. i don't care about "hovering" around .500, i'm saying those teams were in better positions than the bears were, who sat at 3-13.

the bears couldn't even beat jacksonville last year. the "dogshit" bucs slaughtered the bears last season. the hapless eagles wasted them too.

if you want to think your team is going to get better (i don't see how they could get worse at this point), fine. but lose the smug attitude. like i said, you look as foolish as the cubs fans you enjoy mocking so much. at least the cubs won a championship. the bears have been an NFL afterthought for some time now.

The only time I directly referenced the quality of the Chicago Bears in this thread was to say they could lose to any team on the schedule.
Quote:
The Bears could easily lose to any of them, because the Bears aren't very good either, but they could easily beat them too.

I dont understand why everyone looks at this schedule and suddenly thinks the season is over before it started. Maybe if they had the Patriots and Chiefs (or something like that) on there I'd agree but this is a pretty nonthreatening batch of teams. The second half group is trash. The first half is basically what a normal NFL schedule looks like.

It really doesn't have much to do with the Bears at all, this group of teams isn't that good.

for me personally, i'm not doing that--i'm just saying you can't sit there and laugh at the competition when your own team is bad or worse than those teams. of course, this is the NFL, anything can happen...and lately, some teams that you think should be good will be bad (i actually agree with you about the falcons...that superbowl loss might wreck them). it's just that the bears are part of that trash, and i think some bears fans are trying to write them off so they don't become emotionally attached.

all of that goes out the window when the season starts, though. i've seen the threads...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I can laugh at whoever I want. I'm not a member of the Bears front office or coaching staff, I dont play for them, shit I haven't gone to a game in ten years now. Just because I'm a fan of the Bears doesn't mean I have to keep conscious of all these Bears failings before I speak on NFL matters. I gain no more or lose any less football "expertise" by being a Bears fan, its really just happenstance of birth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm 

except you have no expertise, nor any real insight other than the usual inane bloviating and self-righteous indignation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
W_Z wrote:
except you have no expertise, nor any real insight other than the usual inane bloviating and self-righteous indignation.

Perfect for this joint.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:30 pm 

except when you're lovable. like you :king:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Those first 4 games...they will win one of them just because. I think they will beat the Panthers or Ravens, so 2-6 at the bye. They will beat the Lions once, Eagles, 49ers, Browns are also wins. I see them going 1-3 against the Vikes & Packers.

So as it stands now, I will say 6-10, with 7-9 being the high water mark and another 3-13 campaign being the low water mark.

Go Bears? :( :roll:
I still think they beat the Panthers or Ravens. Not sure they will win a division game or beat the Eagales. 4-12 looks to be about it.

Christ, this is fucking terrible. At least when the Cubs tanked and with the Sox now there is light at the end of the tunnel. The Bears could be bad until 2020.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Those first 4 games...they will win one of them just because. I think they will beat the Panthers or Ravens, so 2-6 at the bye. They will beat the Lions once, Eagles, 49ers, Browns are also wins. I see them going 1-3 against the Vikes & Packers.

So as it stands now, I will say 6-10, with 7-9 being the high water mark and another 3-13 campaign being the low water mark.

I still think they beat the Panthers or Ravens. Not sure they will win a division game or beat the Eagales. 4-12 looks to be about it.

Christ, this is fucking terrible. At least when the Cubs tanked and with the Sox now there is light at the end of the tunnel. The Bears could be bad until 2020.

There IS light at the end of the tunnel my friend. You said it yourself. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good all these problems wash away and your only concern is arguing with people who make fun of only winning one super bowl.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

This guy called it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.