It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Big props to Parkins, that tweet was complete bullshit. Here's the full answer...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Big props to Parkins, that tweet was complete bullshit. Here's the full answer...

I'm not sure why the media enjoys using (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a punching bag. That should be reserved for assholes or guys who don't care about the game.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

Yeah the actual video was pretty benign. But the quote generates clicks and impressions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:

I'm not sure why the media enjoys using (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a punching bag. That should be reserved for assholes or guys who don't care about the game.

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yes.

No.... dipshit.. nobody gives a fuck how nice you are, you were dead ass wrong, own it.. dude blows. There ain't a nice guy trophy..there are winners n losers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:04 am 

I assume this is targeted at Nagy? Given that article from Rich Campbell about Pace having a mancrush on him, I would be shocked if everything wasn't done within his power to make (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky succeed.

Nagy never liked him and didn't play to his strengths.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:08 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think by now we can say Nagy was right.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:42 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't know about that. Foles was a disaster. Now, the hope is that Fields is good enough to overcome Nagy. There is still a good chance we look at Nagy as the ultimate problem.

The great irony is that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky probably saved Pace's job, and maybe Nagy's job, by his performance last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:50 am 

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yes.

No.... dipshit.. nobody gives a fuck how nice you are, you were dead ass wrong, own it.. dude blows. There ain't a nice guy trophy..there are winners n losers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:13 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I don't know about that. Foles was a disaster. Now, the hope is that Fields is good enough to overcome Nagy. There is still a good chance we look at Nagy as the ultimate problem.

The great irony is that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky probably saved Pace's job, and maybe Nagy's job, by his performance last year.

If he saved jobs then why was he unceremoniously dumped? Your point of view is inconsistent. Hope you enjoy those sideline shots of the job-saving (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky holding a clipboard this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:20 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
If he saved jobs then why was he unceremoniously dumped? Your point of view is inconsistent. Hope you enjoy those sideline shots of the job-saving (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky holding a clipboard this year.
For the same reason he was benched and then put back in the lineup and why they did everything they could to give Foles the starting job in camp. Nagy never liked him and misused him after his first year with him.

Obviously without an injury, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be a backup this year. This is a reset year for him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:

I assume this is targeted at Nagy? Given that article from Rich Campbell about Pace having a mancrush on him, I would be shocked if everything wasn't done within his power to make (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky succeed.

That quote is a direct shot at Matt Nagy as a person. Mr We Are family and corporate platitudes himself.

He calls him out for being a phony.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:04 am 

mitch, nobody wants you anywhere if you keep throwing 10yds over peoples head.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who gives a fuck? He's gone now so who cares. If he succeeds on another team, then good for him. If he doesn't then we can laugh.

Fields is our guy now, for better or worse.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Absolutely

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:54 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
For the same reason he was benched and then put back in the lineup and why they did everything they could to give Foles the starting job in camp. Nagy never liked him and misused him after his first year with him.

Obviously without an injury, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be a backup this year. This is a reset year for him.

Career backup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:
There ain't a nice guy trophy..there are winners n losers

My guy Mitch: 29-21

Your guy Jameis: 28-42

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:48 pm 

nagy had every reason to hate him though. of course not as a person, but as a player. he couldnt read defenses, he was hesitant to throw, and wasnt accurate. what fucking coach would be happy with that? if the qb sucks, the coach will lose his job. nagy has millions of dollars on the line. fuck I WAS PISSED at mitch a lot and im just watching for the laughs. seems like a great dude. dont fucking care.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:51 pm 

Brick wrote:

running and blocking are trubiskys strengths. the only ones. not the ideal strengths to have as a qb. aaron rodgers cant run for shit but his arm is so damn good it doesnt matter. tom brady the same. nick foles during his title run. although he slowed down so much it is hurting his game now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:44 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Brick wrote:

running and blocking are trubiskys strengths. the only ones. not the ideal strengths to have as a qb. aaron rodgers cant run for shit but his arm is so damn good it doesnt matter. tom brady the same. nick foles during his title run. although he slowed down so much it is hurting his game now.

Rodgers ran a lot as a young qb.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Brick wrote:

Honest question, I just don't know the answer. Is it that Nagy purposefully didn't play to Trubiskys' strengths? Or does he know only one system and tried to mold (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky with the best of intentions?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:55 am 

FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Vic Fangio wrote:
I'm glad you pointed out (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the real reason for 12-4 in 2018. The narrative that the defense propelled the Bears to the playoffs was getting out of hand.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Brick wrote:

Honest question, I just don't know the answer. Is it that Nagy purposefully didn't play to Trubiskys' strengths? Or does he know only one system and tried to mold (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky with the best of intentions?

That's the franchise altering question, but the other teams figured out right away if you took away the run that Mitch could not only not locate his second and third options, but even if he did identify the open guy he would miss the throw. Hence the old Green Bay mantra, "Make Mitch play QB", became adopted league wide, making the Bears a laughingstock and wasting a few good years of a quality D.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Brick wrote:

That's the franchise altering question, but the other teams figured out right away if you took away the run that Mitch could not only not locate his second and third options, but even if he did identify the open guy he would miss the throw. Hence the old Green Bay mantra, "Make Mitch play QB", became adopted league wide, making the Bears a laughingstock and wasting a few good years of a quality D.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Mitch didn't throw back breaking interceptions like Cutler but how many games did the Bears offense have a a first half where they were just flat out embarrassing as far as total yards go. Mitch sucked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:48 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm still confident that Nagy was the problem. Every player on offense except Allen Robinson got worse or didn't make any improvements after Nagy arrived. The same was true for the defense after Fangio left.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky couldn't consistently recognize zone coverage if his life depended on it. He was great against man coverage. Pretty much every team except for the Lions would use zone coverage far more than man coverage.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't ready (may never be) to sit in the pocket and play quarterback for an entire game. That's what Nagy wanted him to do despite his success as a runner in 2018. Nagy would talk about the need to throw the ball instead of running and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky would say the same. That level of coaching took away (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's natural instincts and easier throwing lanes. Even when (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky finally got the courage to speak up in Year 3, Nagy would only call plays that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky liked for a series or so and then go back to forcing the square peg into the round hole. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had success last year when Lazor was calling plays. It was fairly obvious when Nagy began taking back the play calling duties too.

Nagy wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to be Mahomes despite him not having the same talent or weapons around him. Fields has a somewhat similar skill set as Mahomes does and he's supposedly smart so it may work.

Hopefully, Nagy has truly learned from the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky experience because I am definitely tired of his used car sales approach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:59 am 
100000 CLUB

blackhawksfan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
312player wrote:

Mitch didn't throw back breaking interceptions like Cutler but how many games did the Bears offense have a a first half where they were just flat out embarrassing as far as total yards go. Mitch sucked.

Yeah, I never understood the narrative that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was some kind of turnover machine. He clearly wasn't.

Bad Cutler would remove all doubt about a game. He might throw 5 interceptions in the first quarter. Especially against the Packers. That would make you curse and throw shit at the tv, but you were able to find something else to do with the next 3 hours.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky rarely had a complete game where he was good for 4 quarters or sucked for 4 quarters. That made you stick around longer because the game was usually "close".

In some ways that is more frustrating to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:06 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Brick wrote:

The league didn't stop him from running. Nagy did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:14 am 

Has it occured to anyone that maybe it wasn't hard to stop the running/throwing (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky game, and that's why he got benched? That there was no market for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's services this year vindicates Nagy.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:50 am 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Has it occured to anyone that maybe it wasn't hard to stop the running/throwing (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky game, and that's why he got benched? That there was no market for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's services this year vindicates Nagy.

I could buy into that more if Foles was successful and didn't literally have the same complaints about Nagy's play calling that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky had. Now Foles is a 3rd string QB because he complained to Brian Griese. The same guy that Nagy handpicked a year ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next