It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
No way you take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Watson.

YOu keep saying things like this like it was a complete no brainer that Watson was regarded higher than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That is just simply not true. Many experts had (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the #1 QB in the draft.

Then why didn't Houston or KC jump up to trade for him?

How do you know they did not try to?

You are acting like the Bears took a guy projected as a mid round guy with the #2 pick.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky may be terrible, he maybe worse than Watson...but he has been considered a top of the draft pick for a long time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
If they can make some combination of this happen, all sins are forgiven -

67: R3P3
TE ADAM SHAHEEN
ASHLAND

111: R4P4
CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA

117: R4P10
CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
COLORADO

147: R5P3
WR JOSH MALONE
TENNESSEE

I think I would take engram with the second round pick. Give your new qb a unique talent to catch the ball. You also can make all those people still holding bobby engram jerseys happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
No way you take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Watson.

YOu keep saying things like this like it was a complete no brainer that Watson was regarded higher than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. That is just simply not true. Many experts had (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the #1 QB in the draft.

Then why didn't Houston or KC jump up to trade for him?

I'm sure they are regretting it. Bears didn't give up an extra first or even a second. It was actually a pretty astute trade from a value perspective and I'm a bit surprised the Bears got (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as cheap as they did. Only explanation I can think of is SF being absolutely enamored with Thomas and insisting they be left in a position to still draft him after the trade down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
America wrote:
Only explanation I can think of is SF being absolutely enamored with Thomas and insisting they be left in a position to still draft him after the trade down.

TOM BRADY'S COMING HOME GUYS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:

You are acting like the Bears took a guy projected as a mid round guy with the #2 pick.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky may be terrible, he maybe worse than Watson...but he has been considered a top of the draft pick for a long time.

I'm not acting like anything.

If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the be all end all QB in a draft lacking in QB talent, then why didn't someone else jump up and get him?

The only answer is he isn't worth the price being asked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:50 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is the be all end all QB in a draft lacking in QB talent, then why didn't someone else jump up and get him?

The answer is you have no idea what teams tried to do. During the draft there is a ton of activity, people are trying to trade up and down all the time. You have no clue what people were trying to do to get him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Because the Bears drafted him before everyone except for Cleveland had a chance to. Are you familiar with the basic concept of a first-year player draft in professional sports?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

I will say one thing.

The compensation for moving up one damn spot is now and always will be the most in NFL history to move one spot. Christ, three 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 pm 

Cleveland was very close to taking him #1 overall but they figured they could get Garrett and then trade up from 12 and still get their man. A lot of insiders had (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky mocked at #1 as soon as last night...Cleveland fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:55 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I will say one thing.

The compensation for moving up one damn spot is now and always will be the most in NFL history to move one spot. Christ, three 3rd rounders and a 4th rounder.

Its nothing compared to what Washington gave up for RG3. I know that was 4 spots, but still...that was an insane price to pay. Oddly enough the Rams really didn't do anything with all those picks and the trade ended up being kind of a wash. If anything the Redskins kind of won because at least they got to enjoy the mania of RG3's rookie year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Once again, if this guy is a HOFer, it doesn't matter. Obviously.

So he better be a HOFer, Ryan Pace!!!!!

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
America wrote:
Cleveland was very close to taking him #1 overall but they figured they could get Garrett and then trade up from 12 and still get their man. A lot of insiders had (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky mocked at #1 as soon as last night...Cleveland fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
America wrote:

You still haven't made a cogent point all night.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The answer is you have no idea what teams tried to do. During the draft there is a ton of activity, people are trying to trade up and down all the time. You have no clue what people were trying to do to get him.

And if he was worth the risk, someone else would have upped the ante. If he is "the guy", than you do what you have to to get him.

I can't see how a Bears fan would feel better with this scenario than with picking Watson at 3 and keeping the picks they desperately need.

There was one team that thought he was worth the risk. The Ryan Pace Bears. Very reassuring.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

And if he was worth the risk, someone else would have upped the ante. If he is "the guy", than you do what you have to to get him.

I can't see how a Bears fan would feel better with this scenario than with picking Watson at 3 and keeping the picks they desperately need.

There was one team that thought he was worth the risk. The Ryan Pace Bears. Very reassuring.

You make a good point there, Peoria Matt. Then again, maybe it was the Bears that upped the ante. That's why it was so much. They were that team in the end.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You have no clue that this is true. You are simply speculating.

I would have preferred they take Watson and 3 and kept the picks.....actually I would have really rather they kept the pick and went with Adams.

But for you to proclaim that there was only one team that wanted him is just not accurate.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

This is seriously the dumbest line of thinking I've seen so far tonight. The Bears kept their interest in (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky very, very close to their vest and once they sprung their trap and got him for a fairly cheap price (compared to the usual cost of acquiring first round QB's) he wasn't available anymore. Its also possible SF wanted Thomas and wasn't willing to risk getting a bigger package in return if it meant falling out of draft position to get him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:04 pm 

There was only one team willing to give up what they did. Especially if it was for "a fairly cheap price".

Why is that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
America wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
America wrote:

You still haven't made a cogent point all night.

Ouch. Coming from a guy who called a 27 year old "past his prime" that really hurts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:08 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
There was only one team willing to give up what they did. Especially if it was for "a fairly cheap price".

Why is that?

SF wanted Solomon Thomas and it was no certainty that Thomas would be available at 12. I'm not sure the rest of the league really knew the Bears wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. The Bears may have gotten the jump on everyone and the 49ers just took the Bears lowball offer because it was like free picks for them to still get their guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 pm 

America wrote:
SF wanted Solomon Thomas and it was no certainty that Thomas would be available at 12. I'm not sure the rest of the league really knew the Bears wanted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. The Bears may have gotten the jump on everyone and the 49ers just took the Bears lowball offer because it was like free picks for them to still get their guy.

If the Niners are picking Thomas like you say why would the Bears make the trade?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:

If the Niners are picking Thomas like you say why would the Bears make the trade?

Because its worth giving up a couple 3rd rounders and a 4th to make absolutely sure that you get your franchise QB. The Bears clearly believe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a franchise QB, you might disagree but paid scouts are entitled to their opionion way more than some internet know-it-all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 pm 

I am not an internet know it all.

You said the Niners wanted Thomas. I would expect the Bears would know that. Then there is no point in making that trade. The Niners take Thomas at 2 and the Bears take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky at 3.

Again you think Watson is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

You said the Niners wanted Thomas. I would expect the Bears would know that. Then there is no point in making that trade. The Niners take Thomas at 2 and the Bears take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky at 3.

Dude I could easily be wrong about which QB is better than the other. So can you. It is obvious NFL front office were not enamored with Watson, the Cheifs and Bears both ignored him. So did a bunch of other teams who could've used a QB. I'm not an NFL scout, somebody could probably show me something right now that would flip my whole opinion on individual players.

And for the millionth time the Bears were not bidding against the 49ers for pick #3. They were almost definitely in competition with the Browns for that pick, and you can see that since the Browns didn't get their man they have gone two picks without drafting a QB. The Browns have a lot of resources, they were a very credible threat to move up to #2 and get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Come on. I get people think the Bears front office is stupid....but do you really think guys whose jobs are on the line are going to know the niners are taking Thomas and are just going to trade up for the sake of trading?

Once again you have no idea what was going on and who was interested in who....teams keep things close to the vest and leak a lot of false information to the media.

The niners could have easily been in on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky if they kept the 2 pick

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Should have held tight, kept the picks, taken Thomas and grabbed Kizer in the 2nd.

And rebuilt the secondary in the 3rd and 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
SANTA CLARA–They got their guy–probably the best guy available for them–and the 49ers got even more than that.

They played it perfectly, they were patient, they head-faked or sweet-talked or hypnotized just plain out-smarted Chicago into giving up three good picks to trade up just one slot and then the 49ers drafted Stanford defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, who they probably wanted all along, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 pm 

America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Dude I could easily be wrong about which QB is better than the other. So can you. It is obvious NFL front office were not enamored with Watson, the Cheifs and Bears both ignored him. So did a bunch of other teams who could've used a QB. I'm not an NFL scout, somebody could probably show me something right now that would flip my whole opinion on individual players.

And for the millionth time the Bears were not bidding against the 49ers for pick #3. They were almost definitely in competition with the Browns for that pick, and you can see that since the Browns didn't get their man they have gone two picks without drafting a QB. The Browns have a lot of resources, they were a very credible threat to move up to #2 and get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

You realize you are saying the Bears beat the Browns out to get their guy, right? And if you knew the Niners wanted Thomas, I would hope the Bears would have known that.

And I could absolutely be wrong about this but I would feel a lot better with Watson and the picks right now. 10,168 yards, 90 touchdowns and 32 INTs, plus rushed for nearly 2,000 yards.​ A bunch of other teams passed on Watson but they also passed on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. And those teams still have their draft picks (except Houston) Which is something the Bears could not afford to give away. Especially for a guy who will more than likely not see the field next year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm 

If you have to spend three draft picks, none of which are first or second rounders, to make absolutely sure you get your man at QB you do it. There is no alternative in the world of QB's, the idea of "just taking another guy" is unacceptable when it comes to that position. If you identify someone and decide he is the man you do whatever it takes to get him. If you get your man its a success, if you dont its a failure.

The Bears finally moved into a new era in earnest for the first time since the Cutler trade. If you chose to just be miserable because they missed out on a handful of Hroniss Grasu's and Brandin Hardin's that's your problem. I'm excited that for the first time since it became apparent Cutler was not the answer (last year of Trestman) the Bears have finally taken a bold step in a new direction.

The rest of you who wanted to covet picks and draft some bum in the 4th round because of extreme outliers like Tom Brady or Dak Prescott (the latter may not be any good) would've been happier keeping the Bears in QB hell? Really? This front office is damned if they do and damned if they dont in the eyes of a lot of fans and I dont think they really deserve it. For everyone complaining about having such a bad year last year, well if they were just a little bit worse they would've been picking #2 overall anyways, so next time you cite the record as a reason to have zero faith in Pace you may want to reexamine other complaints you're voicing in these threads.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Watson threw 17 INTs last year....17!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next