It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
I would have preferred they take Watson and 3 and kept the picks.

Thank you.

That has been my point all along.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
I am not an internet know it all.

You said the Niners wanted Thomas. I would expect the Bears would know that. Then there is no point in making that trade. The Niners take Thomas at 2 and the Bears take (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky at 3.

Again you think Watson is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, correct?

Dude I could easily be wrong about which QB is better than the other. So can you. It is obvious NFL front office were not enamored with Watson, the Cheifs and Bears both ignored him. So did a bunch of other teams who could've used a QB. I'm not an NFL scout, somebody could probably show me something right now that would flip my whole opinion on individual players.

And for the millionth time the Bears were not bidding against the 49ers for pick #3. They were almost definitely in competition with the Browns for that pick, and you can see that since the Browns didn't get their man they have gone two picks without drafting a QB. The Browns have a lot of resources, they were a very credible threat to move up to #2 and get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

You realize you are saying the Bears beat the Browns out to get their guy, right? And if you knew the Niners wanted Thomas, I would hope the Bears would have known that.

And I could absolutely be wrong about this but I would feel a lot better with Watson and the picks right now. 10,168 yards, 90 touchdowns and 32 INTs, plus rushed for nearly 2,000 yards.​ A bunch of other teams passed on Watson but they also passed on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. And those teams still have their draft picks (except Houston) Which is something the Bears could not afford to give away. Especially for a guy who will more than likely not see the field next year.

The Bears still have their draft picks. The keep their second rounder this year and their first two picks next year. Stop pretending they sold the farm...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

There is always plenty of "picks" with Deshone Watson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Scooter wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Lots of picks to give up for one spot. But you realize why Pace had to do it, right?

Another team was about to do it. So the 49ers made the Bears pay big.

And Pace thinks this is his franchise QB. If he is, nobody gives a shit about the picks given up. If he's not, Pace is fired and never gets another GM job.

I have no opinion. Never seen or even heard of this guy.

But Pace bought himself 2 years. Cuz he might not start next year. Even if he does, rookie QBs are allowed to suck.

Which team?

The next team to trade up for a QB was KC at 10.

Bears could have had Mahomes or Watson and had all the picks also. But they fucked up as usual

Looks like Pace followed the Rush Limbaugh Principle on QB Leadership Ability Evaluation.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

No that really has not been your only point all along, but we will go with that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 pm 

America wrote:
If you have to spend three draft picks, none of which are first or second rounders, to make absolutely sure you get your man at QB you do it. There is no alternative in the world of QB's, the idea of "just taking another guy" is unacceptable when it comes to that position. If you identify someone and decide he is the man you do whatever it takes to get him. If you get your man its a success, if you dont its a failure.

The Bears finally moved into a new era in earnest for the first time since the Cutler trade. If you chose to just be miserable because they missed out on a handful of Hroniss Grasu's and Brandin Hardin's that's your problem. I'm excited that for the first time since it became apparent Cutler was not the answer (last year of Trestman) the Bears have finally taken a bold step in a new direction.

The rest of you who wanted to covet picks and draft some bum in the 4th round because of extreme outliers like Tom Brady or Dak Prescott (the latter may not be any good) would've been happier keeping the Bears in QB hell? Really? This front office is damned if they do and damned if they dont in the eyes of a lot of fans and I dont think they really deserve it. For everyone complaining about having such a bad year last year, well if they were just a little bit worse they would've been picking #2 overall anyways, so next time you cite the record as a reason to have zero faith in Pace you may want to reexamine other complaints you're voicing in these threads.

So in the one year that many "experts", not internet know it alls, have declared this not to be a solid QB draft, would you say this was a good year to trade up to the second pick to get one?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

No that really has not been your only point all along, but we will go with that.

:lol: What?

Matt doesn't need me to defend him but did you even read his posts tonight?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

Of course I have.

That was not his only point. He kept making it seem as if the Bears traded up to get a QB that no one else wanted.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 pm 

Signing Glennon wasn't doing enough to fix the QB position, now drafting a QB at #2 is too much? Because of some shitty draft picks that from a raw odds perspective have like a 15% chance of netting one good player amongst all three of the selections? The Bears clearly were not interested in Watson, do you really want them to draft a guy they didn't believe in? Especially instead of a guy they did believe in?

These complaints people are having already all suck. Perhaps the worst is the pearl clutching over some dogshit picks that wind up being Jeremy Langford or Chris Conte's (if you're lucky), especially when those picks are sacrificed to get what could very well be a franchise altering player at QB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
SANTA CLARA–They got their guy–probably the best guy available for them–and the 49ers got even more than that.

They played it perfectly, they were patient, they head-faked or sweet-talked or hypnotized just plain out-smarted Chicago into giving up three good picks to trade up just one slot and then the 49ers drafted Stanford defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, who they probably wanted all along, anyway.

Ok. Pace got had. Good for the 49ers. They got him. Bad for us. But hopefully he's awesome and it won't matter.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
America wrote:
If you have to spend three draft picks, none of which are first or second rounders, to make absolutely sure you get your man at QB you do it. There is no alternative in the world of QB's, the idea of "just taking another guy" is unacceptable when it comes to that position. If you identify someone and decide he is the man you do whatever it takes to get him. If you get your man its a success, if you dont its a failure.

The Bears finally moved into a new era in earnest for the first time since the Cutler trade. If you chose to just be miserable because they missed out on a handful of Hroniss Grasu's and Brandin Hardin's that's your problem. I'm excited that for the first time since it became apparent Cutler was not the answer (last year of Trestman) the Bears have finally taken a bold step in a new direction.

The rest of you who wanted to covet picks and draft some bum in the 4th round because of extreme outliers like Tom Brady or Dak Prescott (the latter may not be any good) would've been happier keeping the Bears in QB hell? Really? This front office is damned if they do and damned if they dont in the eyes of a lot of fans and I dont think they really deserve it. For everyone complaining about having such a bad year last year, well if they were just a little bit worse they would've been picking #2 overall anyways, so next time you cite the record as a reason to have zero faith in Pace you may want to reexamine other complaints you're voicing in these threads.

So in the one year that many "experts", not internet know it alls, have declared this not to be a solid QB draft, would you say this was a good year to trade up to the second pick to get one?

Perhaps, it definitely didn't cost as much as it usually does to trade up for a QB. Bears got a hell of a bargain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 pm 

America wrote:
Signing Glennon wasn't doing enough to fix the QB position, now drafting a QB at #2 is too much? Because of some shitty draft picks that from a raw odds perspective have like a 15% chance of netting one good player amongst all three of the selections? The Bears clearly were not interested in Watson, do you really want them to draft a guy they didn't believe in? Especially instead of a guy they did believe in?

These complaints people are having already all suck. Perhaps the worst is the pearl clutching over some dogshit picks that wind up being Jeremy Langford or Chris Conte's (if you're lucky), especially when those picks are sacrificed to get what could very well be a franchise altering player at QB.

It's hilarious that you think 3rd round picks are worthless. You sound like Dan Snyder in 2005.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

Peoria Matt wrote:
I can't see how a Bears fan would feel better with this scenario than with picking Watson at 3 and keeping the picks they desperately need.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

It's hilarious that you think 3rd round picks are worthless. You sound like Dan Snyder in 2005.

They're not worthless, but they're also not "the farm" or even remotely as valuable as first or second rounders. The pressure is definitely on the Bears to make the most of this second round selection (whether that means trading down or making an outstanding pick) because of the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky trade, but its not like 5 years from now Bears fans will be rueing the day they gave up a bunch of picks outside the top 50.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:06 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

They're not worthless, but they're also not "the farm" or even remotely as valuable as first or second rounders. The pressure is definitely on the Bears to make the most of this second round selection (whether that means trading down or making an outstanding pick) because of the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky trade, but its not like 5 years from now Bears fans will be rueing the day they gave up a bunch of picks outside the top 50.

If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks of course they will.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

The bigger regret will undoubtedly be the misuse of the #3 overall and lost playing time wasted to try and make it work with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. The 3rd rounders are not really capable of making or breaking a franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 pm 

America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
America wrote:

The bigger regret will undoubtedly be the misuse of the #3 overall and lost playing time wasted to try and make it work with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. The 3rd rounders are not really capable of making or breaking a franchise.

If you're just giving away multiple 3rd round picks for nothing it will.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 pm 

Teams give up draft picks all the time for nothing. The Patriots and Broncos have both been severely penalized by way of draft picks fairly recently, and those are the last two teams to win a Super Bowl. I dont think the Bears should make a habit of losing 3rd round picks, but using them for trading up every so often is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

Of course I have.

That was not his only point. He kept making it seem as if the Bears traded up to get a QB that no one else wanted.

And you also have no idea who wanted him. If he is so desired, than I'm guessing the many teams that need a QB would have trumped the Bears offer. And if they didn't, that tells me something. I'm not really sold on this regimes evaluation of the QB position. This is a GM who said you have to draft a QB every year. And the one year he does actually follow up on that, he trades up and gives away draft picks in a year when it's said by many "experts" to be a down QB year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you.

Of course I have.

And you also have no idea who wanted him. If he is so desired, than I'm guessing the many teams that need a QB would have trumped the Bears offer. And if they didn't, that tells me something. I'm not really sold on this regimes evaluation of the QB position. This is a GM who said you have to draft a QB every year. And the one year he does actually follow up on that, he trades up and gives away draft picks in a year when it's said by many "experts" to be a down QB year.

Thank you for showing you had more than one point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:19 pm 

So I take it you agree with me on my multiple points?

Last edited by Peoria Matt on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pace is on the SCORE right now. Doing his press conference.

He admitted he didn't know if the 49ers were bluffing him or not. But this was his guy and if he did get bluffed, so be it. He wanted to be aggressive. Which is what I was trying to say.

And I agree with him. Now it's just about him being right.

Last edited by Beardown on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

He gets pissy when he's in a bad mood. He'll get over it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:24 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

I agree you had multiple points.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 pm 

I will take that as a yes.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am 

Beardown wrote:
SANTA CLARA–They got their guy–probably the best guy available for them–and the 49ers got even more than that.

They played it perfectly, they were patient, they head-faked or sweet-talked or hypnotized just plain out-smarted Chicago into giving up three good picks to trade up just one slot and then the 49ers drafted Stanford defensive lineman Solomon Thomas, who they probably wanted all along, anyway.

Ok. Pace got had. Good for the 49ers. They got him. Bad for us. But hopefully he's awesome and it won't matter.

Lynch has zero track record to rely upon. The 49ers need a QB. If they passed on a guy who pans out, they will look like fools.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Is (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky a Russian surname? :shock: :o :shock:

Could there be another international hacking scandal afoot?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:01 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Lynch has zero track record to rely upon. The 49ers need a QB. If they passed on a guy who pans out, they will look like fools.

So will the Browns, who had considerably more resources with which to acquire SF's pick.