It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round 4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
https://www.instagram.com/p/3JrCt6S1mL/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:57 pm 

America wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/3JrCt6S1mL/

:lol: Nice.

That is way more impressive than jumping out of a pool

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
America wrote:
I have a bigger problem giving up a pick to trade up for Jackson than I do the trade up for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

You're insane. They literally did not have to trade anyone in order to draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

pizza_Place: Tombstone
America wrote:
I do not like Fox. I do not think Pace likes Fox either, but the head coach decision is one that is now made by McCaskey and Phillips in the wake of the Trestman disaster. You cant blame Pace for the shitty coach he is forced to work with.

Fox would not be the one trying to re-create the Saints team that doesn't make any sense to you tho.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 pm 

Nas wrote:
America wrote:
I have a bigger problem giving up a pick to trade up for Jackson than I do the trade up for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

You're insane. They literally did not have to trade anyone in order to draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

*Allegedly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
I am curious to hear Doc and dolphins thoughts on the 4th round picks

They were pretty shitty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:02 pm 

America wrote:
NME wrote:
Wasn't Peterman the QB that got the Brees comps tho?

Well Peterman is still out there so who knows, but I dont put that much stock in comparisons between established Hall of Fame pros and incoming rookies. If Peterman was really the next Brees the Browns would've taken him #1 overall.

I do not have a problem with aspiring for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to mimic the career of Drew Brees, I do have a problem with the Bears trying to mimic the roster of an era of New Orleans Saints football that really only had a couple decent seasons.

My point is that Peterman (if I'm not mistaken) was said to have similar traits to Brees, while (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky doesn't. So wouldn't it make more sense if you want Drew Brees lite, to look for a QB with similar comps?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
America wrote:

Yea but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could possibly be the franchise for then next 15 years. A great KR is nice to have but unless he is Hester (fat chance) he's not going to meaningfully change the fortunes of the Bears single-handedly. And even if he is great the shelf life of a great returner is like 5 years at most.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm 

:lol: Mayock going off on these stupid stunts....enough with the ZOO is this good TV? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm 

America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

Yea but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could possibly be the franchise for then next 15 years. A great KR is nice to have but unless he is Hester (fat chance) he's not going to meaningfully change the fortunes of the Bears single-handedly. And even if he is great the shelf life of a great returner is like 5 years at most.

I doubt the long con with Jackson is for him to be a returner -they signed aging players with disposable contracts at the position he plays

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

I'm not disputing what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could be, they didn't need to trade up to get him though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:05 pm 

Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

I'm not disputing what (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could be, they didn't need to trade up to get him though.

you really have no way of knowing that...no one knows for sure.

Pace got his guy, lets see what happens with him

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They were pretty shitty.

:|

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:08 pm 

NME wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

I doubt the long con with Jackson is for him to be a returner -they signed aging players with disposable contracts at the position he plays

He cant stay healthy enough to be a defensive starter in the NFL, but even if he somehow finds durability his sole qualification to be a defensive back is his ability to just reap the benefits of a dominant Bama front 7.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:09 pm 

It is stupid how long these picks take with all these ridiculous pick readings

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:10 pm 

Butt lasted to the 5th round.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

Commonsense my friend. Andy Reid wanted Mahomes and the Texans didn't have enough to offer to move up.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Butt lasted to the 5th round.

He gets paid from his insurance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

Hub, FWIW, said he was able to contact his guys from 28 of the 32 teams and everybody said there were no other offers on the table.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm 

America wrote:
NME wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:

He cant stay healthy enough to be a defensive starter in the NFL, but even if he somehow finds durability his sole qualification to be a defensive back is his ability to just reap the benefits of a dominant Bama front 7.

Health is his only issue imo. He has good size, speed and is a ball hawk. He started out as a corner and has solid coverage skills. If he stays healthy, he'll play at the FS spot for the Bears. But not sure that happens right away with Demps there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm 

Yeah I heard Hub say that on the SCORE.

People criticize Hub on here all the time for being full of shit.

Does he know what he is talking about on this one?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
Yeah I heard Hub say that on the SCORE.

People criticize Hub on here all the time for being full of shit.

Does he know what he is talking about on this one?

That's why I put in FWIW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 pm 

NME wrote:
Health is his only issue imo. He has good size, speed and is a ball hawk. He started out as a corner and has solid coverage skills. If he stays healthy, he'll play at the FS spot for the Bears. But not sure that happens right away with Demps there.

He has a broken leg and a torn ACL already from his years at Bama...there really isn't much chance he stays healthy in the pros. Perhaps in the limited role as a KR, but he cant play safety every down or he'll break.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:19 pm 

Fucking hell, I know they drafted Jackson but why not take a flyer on King there? A lot of draft projections I saw had that kid listed as a 2nd to 3rd round talent. Load up at Safety and see which one can play.

Last edited by NME on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 pm 

America wrote:
NME wrote:

He has a broken leg and a torn ACL already from his years at Bama...there really isn't much chance he stays healthy in the pros. Perhaps in the limited role as a KR, but he cant play safety every down or he'll break.

We'll see. In any event -King was still on the board in the 5th and the Bears passed on him for another D II pick it looks like lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:24 pm 

I think this is the 1st draft I've pretty much hated all the way through by the Bears lol. Even with some of the players I'm ok with that they've grabbed, they did head scratching things to get them.

Whatever. As a fan, I hope it all works out. Maybe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky takes over a shit team next year halfway through the season and at least gives us a prospect to keep an eye on to hold our interest.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They were pretty shitty.

:|

I don't like Jackson at all. Preinjured and wouldn't be sniffing the 4th round if he played anywhere but Alabama.

I'd have rather had Wilson or Jerome. I'd have taken Malone instead of Cohen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tarik Cohen is less Darren Sproles and more Garret Wolfe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Tarik Cohen is less Darren Sproles and more Garret Wolfe.

Haha.. Wolfe is a solid comp too. I ran with Johnny Baily (think he set records at div II level as well, and was undersized)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:45 pm 

I don't like Jackson at all. Preinjured and wouldn't be sniffing the 4th round if he played anywhere but Alabama.

I'd have rather had Wilson or Jerome. I'd have taken Malone instead of Cohen.

Any take on Lawson or King (even tho the Bears didn't grab either one)?

I really liked Lawson, especially mid round as far as value goes. Can never have too many pass rushers imo. He has a lot of health concerns too tho.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next