All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Wisdom of Hub
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 am 

next Hub will tell us that Pace has no problem evaluating K, TE and OL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Crick Ramp wrote:
I have no idea why but I actually enjoy listening to Hubs takes. I don’t follow the Bears as closely as I do the Cubs, so maybe that’s why.

But his spots with Parkins usually make for good radio. By modern 670 standards anyways

Hub's a good listen when he's hosting. Hosts having bad thoughts isn't a show killer if they're still entertaining. If Hub's presented as some objective Bears analysis it doesn't work as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 am 

I haven't heard Hub much lately, but much of the things he said seemed to be him wanting to sound smart by being contrarian against the predominant thoughts of Bears fans. You can excuse a bad draft pick but you can't go 0/3 on quarterbacks, two of them you spent draft picks to get, and think that qb evaluation isn't highly questionable. That doesn't even get into the fact that Pace barely spent any time with the quarterbacks involved in the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes decision.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am 

Brick wrote:
I haven't heard Hub much lately, but much of the things he said seemed to be him wanting to sound smart by being contrarian against the predominant thoughts of Bears fans. You can excuse a bad draft pick but you can't go 0/3 on quarterbacks, two of them you spent draft picks to get, and think that qb evaluation isn't highly questionable. That doesn't even get into the fact that Pace barely spent any time with the quarterbacks involved in the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes decision.

Thats what makes this so complicated

Hub is moron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tad Queasy wrote:
Hub just told Spiegel that the notion that Ryan Pace can't evaluate quarterbacks is unfair.

Yeah I was listening yesterday when he said that. Hub is an idiot with some really terrible takes these days (has been for a while).

That’s all I got out of that entire conversation, Hub will say he ‘gets it’ about anything they do and try to pass that off as some exclusive insight that justifies tuning into his Bears segments.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
It's unheard of to have a GM in place for 6 tears that has yet to win a playoff game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
312player wrote:
It's unheard of to have a GM in place for 6 tears that has yet to win a playoff game.

And just one winning season. Plus, is there really much hope that the next year or two will be any better, other than the generic randomness that is today's NFL?

It's still hard to fathom that Lovie was launched after 10-6. I know at the time it felt different, but it looks worse now with these bozos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Brick wrote:
wanting to sound smart by being contrarian against the predominant thoughts of Bears fans.

This is the best description of Hub

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 am 

It has always been an unwritten understanding that you give your GM two coach hires and one franchise QB. If you miss on those, you are gone.

On draft day, EVERYONE acknowledged that Pace's fate was tied to the success or lack of success of Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, yet here the Bears are discussing whether he gets to continue with the job.

I don't hate Pace. I think he has found a lot of talent. I think he would be a pretty good head of scouting. There are huge holes in his abilities as a GM. Giving up draft picks, handing out above market contracts, getting fleeced in trades all indicate this is not the job for him. He also hides from his media responsibilities.

Nagy is a different story

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Pace has no discernible organizational strategy or drafting philosophy. He should have been fired after last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Tall Midget wrote:
Pace has no discernible organizational strategy or drafting philosophy. He should have been fired after last season.

Agreed. And just noticed the age of this thread -and I called 3 years ago on page 1. He acts like someone who doesn’t know what he’s doing and doesn’t have a plan.

And here we are a few seasons later on page 2 of the thread, with added years of failure to judge them off of- and nothing’s changed.

How on Earth the people that run this team can think it’s fine from a football standpoint to trot these morons out again for another season is beyond any measure of football intelligence.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
It has always been an unwritten understanding that you give your GM two coach hires and one franchise QB. If you miss on those, you are gone.

On draft day, EVERYONE acknowledged that Pace's fate was tied to the success or lack of success of Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, yet here the Bears are discussing whether he gets to continue with the job.

I don't hate Pace. I think he has found a lot of talent. I think he would be a pretty good head of scouting. There are huge holes in his abilities as a GM. Giving up draft picks, handing out above market contracts, getting fleeced in trades all indicate this is not the job for him. He also hides from his media responsibilities.

Nagy is a different story

Pace himself made it clear the pick would define his regime and time here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Today's press conference made Hub look like a complete goof, he's claimed for years that Phillips has nothing to do with football decisions, but during the press conference it was evident that he is directly involved on the highest football decisions in the franchise...hiring/firing/evaluation the coach and GM.

May as well start calling him Hub McCaskey.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Clawmaster wrote:
Today's press conference made Hub look like a complete goof, he's claimed for years that Phillips has nothing to do with football decisions, but during the press conference it was evident that he is directly involved on the highest football decisions in the franchise...hiring/firing/evaluation the coach and GM.

May as well start calling him Hub McCaskey.

Yeah, I heard Hub tell Parkins and Spiegel that Ted doesn’t get involved in the minutiae of how many targets each receiver gets. Well no shit, I don’t think anyone thought that.