It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:44 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
You didn't come here to defend the Bears?

Then why would you bring up that the Bears made the Super Bowl 10 years ago?

Stay on point, Seacrest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:55 am 

Seacrest wrote:
I didn't come here to defend the Bears. In three years we can have an honest discussion about how the draft worked out. One of your tidbits from last year. :lol: :lol:

Peoria Matt wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Cody Whitehair.

Who I guarantee you will not be half the player the guy the Pack moved up to get who the Bears wanted but passed on.

So in the span of a 3 sentence post you say a draft should not be discussed for 3 years yet are claiming after 1 year that Whitehair is already better than Spriggs? Interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:32 am 

Seacrest....you seem like an OK guy. I truly appreciate everything that you and everyone else did to save the board. So I'm going to agree to disagree on the state of the Bears.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 am 

Matt you are definitely a passionate bears fan. I dont always agree with you on things but i appreciate your passion for the beloved. He did get you on the Whithair thoughts from last year. Lets hope he can call you out on bad draft thoughts next year as well

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Matt you are definitely a passionate bears fan. I dont always agree with you on things but i appreciate your passion for the beloved. He did get you on the Whithair thoughts from last year. Lets hope he can call you out on bad draft thoughts next year as well

There were similar comments about Leonard Floyd last year as well.

As I said earlier, Aunt Ginny enjoys your passion as well. But let's at least try and let the glass be 1/4 full rather than dead empty every time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am 

Agreed, but it is getting harder and harder to be positive with the Bears. Maybe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will change that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Agreed, but it is getting harder and harder to be positive with the Bears. Maybe (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will change that.

And I agree that is a very BIG maybe.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Since Ditka,the Bears have refused to hire a HC with fire & passion. So who was the blandest HC since Iron Mike?

Dick Jauron in the lead with maybe a Lovie Smith & John Fox battling for 2nd place.

They should have hired Mike Singletary for this group....amiright?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:
Since Ditka,the Bears have refused to hire a HC with fire & passion. So who was the blandest HC since Iron Mike?

Dick Jauron in the lead with maybe a Lovie Smith & John Fox battling for 2nd place.

They should have hired Mike Singletary for this group....amiright?

You almost got me ... :lol: :thumright:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
They will be bad enough to enable Pace to either:

- Fire Fox and his entire coaching staff, or
- Fire Fox and the entire offensive coaching staff and promote Fangio to HC.

That was Pace's plan all along. He signed Glennon to a deal which he could mostly get out of after one year because he only liked one QB and he needed to make sure that Cleveland didn't pick that QB. Now with Trusbisky in hand, Pace will be fine with 4-11, bring in a new coach who can work with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and hopefully trade Glennon for a 3rd rounder to make up for the one they have to give SF.

This entire sequence of events is because the McCaskeys forced Fox on Pace, and this is Pace's revenge. If the Bears fire him after this season, he knows that he's fucked the franchise up for the next decade because no new GM who would be wiling to take a job as bad as the Bears' GM job is going to take on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a project to get himself fired.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:
Since Ditka,the Bears have refused to hire a HC with fire & passion.

How in the world has New England won five Super Bowls without Belichick behaving like a lunatic like Ditka?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
They will be bad enough to enable Pace to either:

- Fire Fox and his entire coaching staff, or
- Fire Fox and the entire offensive coaching staff and promote Fangio to HC.

That was Pace's plan all along. He signed Glennon to a deal which he could mostly get out of after one year because he only liked one QB and he needed to make sure that Cleveland didn't pick that QB. Now with Trusbisky in hand, Pace will be fine with 4-11, bring in a new coach who can work with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and hopefully trade Glennon for a 3rd rounder to make up for the one they have to give SF.

This entire sequence of events is because the McCaskeys forced Fox on Pace, and this is Pace's revenge. If the Bears fire him after this season, he knows that he's fucked the franchise up for the next decade because no new GM who would be wiling to take a job as bad as the Bears' GM job is going to take on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a project to get himself fired.

I for one, would love to see Fangio get a shot.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Belichick does behave like a lunatic, just not like Ditka.

I wouldn't want another Ditka coaching the Bears, but I do think there is something to the McCaskeys overcompensating and swinging too far in the other direction. Jauron was the ideal McCaskey coach: a well-mannered Ivy Leaguer who wouldn't be out of place at a Lake Forest country club. That seems to be how they see themselves. Fox is about as "coachy" as a Bears coach has been since Wannstedt.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Outsider looking in....got worse at QB, worse at WR. Defense doesn't seem to have changes much.

worse than last year is a real possibility.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
hnd wrote:
Outsider looking in....got worse at QB, worse at WR. Defense doesn't seem to have changes much.

Not possible. Either QB has to be better than injured not caring Cutler and the awful backups. I do not think you have looked closely enough at some WR additions and a couple from last year stepping up slightly. The WRs were awful last year and it would be hard to be worse.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Chus wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Since Ditka,the Bears have refused to hire a HC with fire & passion.

How in the world has New England won five Super Bowls without Belichick behaving like a lunatic like Ditka?

Yeah,no shit. I'm well aware of studious successful coaches in the NFL. I prefer my coaches with a little stronger personality. Belichick makes up for lack of fire by being one of the most elitist and cocky assholes to ever wear a raggedy ass hoodie.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
pittmike wrote:
hnd wrote:

Not possible. Either QB has to be better than injured not caring Cutler and the awful backups. I do not think you have looked closely enough at some WR additions and a couple from last year stepping up slightly. The WRs were awful last year and it would be hard to be worse.

i will walk that back. i will agree i have to believe o dude is better than hoyer and barkley. i didn't realize that cutler played so little.

wr's, i don't see it. replacing jeffery with wright/wheaton/randle? yeesh.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm 

hnd wrote:
wr's, i don't see it. replacing jeffery with wright/wheaton/randle? yeesh.

Don't forget this guy:

It took long enough, but Tanner Gentry is finally starting to get some credit. The former Wyoming receiver, who put together a 1,300-yard, 14-touchdown campaign as a senior, drew rave reviews after participating in the Chicago Bears rookie minicamp May 11-14 as an undrafted free agent.

Gentry, who signed a three-year rookie deal with the Bears, was called “by far the best receiver” of the first day of rookie camp by Scout’s Jeremy Stoltz.

“I think that’s always good,” Gentry said of the attention, “but I think I’m just focused on myself and what I have to do each day and just keep working hard to improve my game and show that I can play at this level.”

Gentry was also named the Bears’ best late-round or undrafted pickup by Sports Illustrated’s Chris Burke and their best undrafted free agent signing by Bleacher Report’s Brent Sobleski.

Gentry was relatively overlooked coming out of his second-team all-conference senior season. He was not invited to the NFL Combine nor invited to any major collegiate all-star games. The draft came and went without Gentry’s name getting called, which came as somewhat of a surprise to him.

But the Bears picked him up quickly thereafter, and Gentry has made it look like a good move so far. Stoltz said Gentry had “three quality catches” in the first day of camp, “two against man coverage and one on a deep hitch against zone coverage.” Stoltz said “Gentry (continued) to impress” the second day of camp: “He caught nearly every pass thrown his way today, showing by far the best hands of any receiver on the field.”

“I think I showed my strengths and what I can do,” Gentry said, “and I think it was also good for our receiver coach to see me and see some things that he wants to change with me and wants me to work on as well.”

Gentry also got in some work at special teams, something he did in only practice with the Cowboys. He said preseason games will be key for him making the 53-man roster.

Gentry was hauling in passes from the second pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, quarterback Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, for whom Chicago traded up to select.

“He’s really good,” Gentry said of the North Carolina quarterback. “It was good to work with him. He throws a great ball, and he’s an accurate quarterback.

“… I wasn’t able to watch any college football during the season, so (all I knew about him was) just kind of what I would see on social media and whatnot of his projections and all that stuff. But seeing him out there, he’s definitely a first-round talent.”