It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
D

Awful draft, I am pretty much checking out on the Bears until Fox n Pace are gone. Ultimately this team will flounder until that old bitch dies and her brood of halfwits sell the team .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Completely depends on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, you really cannot have an honest grade on it until he sees the field. Could be the best Bears draft of the last 30 years, could be the worst (though it would just be tied with the Emery shitshows I suppose).

I'll give the handling of the picks after #2 overall in the later rounds a generous C+ because its very obvious Pace gave zero shits about improving weaknesses and just took who was highest on his board. That may lead to a surprising result here or there, and I really like the hands and size of Shaheen. But, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky aside, I dont see any plausible scenario (short of finding a HOF caliber diamond in the rough) where the core of the next decent Bears team comes from this draft. At best I see a bunch of complementary pieces: a nice returner, a good change of pace runningback, a productive pass catching redzone TE. I dont see a future stud LT or pass rusher or shutdown corner or playmaking safety in the group, nothing that will form the backbone of a good team. So for that I have to knock him back, even if I do understand the thinking on some of the picks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'll chop it in 2.

B+ On Trubiski. I think he's going to be good.

F- on the rest of the draft. Bad. Bad. Bad. A division 2 TE and a scat back? Need I say more. A fucking joke.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
A+

Got the next Brees, Graham, Sproles, and Hester. That's tough to beat.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
A+

Got the next Brees, Graham, Sproles, and Hester. That's tough to beat.

:lol:

You are such an ass.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Incomplete you morons like everyone elses

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The only pick I like now is the TE. I think he could be solid, but it's not enough to rebuild.

Too many questions about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Too green and not battle tested over the long haul. Sophisticated defenses, which most in the NFL are, may give him trouble. We just didn't need another project, when it kills the morale. Plus, we don't even have a good coach for the guy, someone actually with some clout who knows what he's doing.

Sorry, Pace, but you disappoint. There doesn't appear to be any coherent strategy to his drafting, when too many needs are going unfilled. It's not fricking rocket science, but Pace does his best to overanalyze.

The grade is a D-. I think that Hamp, OB and Hub are exactly right on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
A

Great draft.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
D

Best draft Bears have had in 10 years.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
D

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:34 pm 

They could have drafted a woman quarterback and I would have given them a solid b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
what is the bust rate on non fbs players as compared to fbs players? draft 3 non fbs players us kind of ridiculous... rate the RB on a scale of sproles to garret wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Woodstocks
Big Chicagoan wrote:
D

This is why I drink.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kiper's Grade:

Quote:
Chicago Bears: C+

Top needs: Defensive back, defensive line, wide receiver

Chicago's class is all about quarterback Mitchell (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. The question is whether the current coaching staff will get to experience it. The Bears gave up a decent amount to move up just one slot in the draft to assure they'd get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, and passed on a couple of really good defensive players in Jamal Adams and Solomon Thomas. I said on Thursday night that I get why they targeted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but I don't understand giving up what it took to move up one spot. Chicago gave up pick Nos. 3, 67 and 111 this year and a third-round pick in 2018 to San Francisco. That's just a huge haul for the 49ers, who you'll find on the opposite end of these grades. So now you have a case in which Mike Glennon appears to be getting a one-year audition as starter, and the Bears will bring along (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky slowly, but there are bigger needs elsewhere on the roster. And with only five picks total, it was tough to fill those.

In the rest of the class, Chicago added Division II tight end Adam Shaheen, one of my favorite players in the class. At 6-foot-6, 278, Shaheen is a mammoth target who dominated the GLIAC but will have a learning curve. Converted corner Eddie Jackson should compete with Adrian Amos and Quintin Demps at safety, and I like Tarik Cohen and Jordan Morgan as developmental guys with high ceilings. But, again, it's tough to have a higher grade with only five picks.

The Bears paid a lot for a bridge QB in free agency, and now they've paid up to get the QB on the other side of that bridge. John Fox has a major challenge ahead of him, because he probably won't get much from this class in the short term.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.