It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Whatever the case, this is the strangest draft I've witnessed as a Bears fan.

Very true.

And if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is a franchise QB none of it will matter.

If he is a bust, it will become another nail in the coffin of this franchise over the last 30 years.

This is wrong my friend. It will matter no matter what. MANY aren't upset about them picking (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. MANY are upset about them getting fleeced by the 49ers to draft a player who would have been there if they were picking 5th.

If Glennon is good (I believe that he will be) people will be upset that the Bears didn't use those picks on other positions.
If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks people will be mad at the pick and the trade
If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good people will still be upset because we traded picks when we didn't have to

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Very true.

If he is a bust, it will become another nail in the coffin of this franchise over the last 30 years.

This is wrong my friend. It will matter no matter what. MANY aren't upset about them picking (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. MANY are upset about them getting fleeced by the 49ers to draft a player who would have been there if they were picking 5th.

If Glennon is good (I believe that he will be) people will be upset that the Bears didn't use those picks on other positions.
If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good people will still be upset because we traded picks when we didn't have to

Disagree with that part. If he's good nobody will care about the lost picks.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Very true.

This is wrong my friend. If (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is good the rest of the draft class can be out of the league in 3 years and it doesn't matter. Still the best draft class in 20 years. You can't put a tangible price on having a good QB.

The problem is (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is gonna suck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:09 pm 

Yup FF and Beardown are right, my friend.

We saw it with Cutler. People were continually mad about the cost of the trade that brought him here If he had had been as good as his potential no one would have cared a bit about the trade cost.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

We saw it with Cutler. People were continually mad about the cost of the trade that brought him here If he had had been as good as his potential no one would have cared a bit about the trade cost.

The Cutler trade was different. By all accounts a trade for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't necessary.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
FF was right about one thing, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is going to suck.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:17 pm 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The Cutler trade was different. By all accounts a trade for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wasn't necessary.

Maybe it was not necessary. But that is a detail that will not matter if he is really good.

In fact that could become a point of praise for Pace. "Maybe it wasn't necessary but I am damn sure he did whatever was needed in order to get him."

Now if he is not good it will become an even bigger point of contention for fans than the Cutler trade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Beardown wrote:
Here's the bottom line. This trade was stupid but he still might have a HOF QB.

HOF? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
This is the craziest draft I've ever witnessed. Legions of Bear fans in a frenzy over losing an extra fourth rounder.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
This is the craziest draft I've ever witnessed. Legions of Bear fans in a frenzy over losing an extra fourth rounder.

Dumb thought. Bears fans wouldn't care if the trade made sense. This was a very deep draft and picks matter. Especially when you are rebuilding.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Believe what you want but these bad picks are funny. First you hate em, then you get used to em. After long enough you get so you depend on em.

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Packer fan can feel. A Packer fan at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky becomes a starter this year. I hope to see my friend leash and laugh at him. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is every bit as terrible as he has been in my dreams. I hope.

You know what Bears fans say about the Packers? They say they only have HOF QBs. That's where I want to watch football the rest of my life. A frozen tundra with no bad QBs.

:lol: :lol:

This is the thread of the year
Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, huh? Couldn't take a corner or a safety?

They broke the door down before I could take requests.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Nas wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Dumb thought. Bears fans wouldn't care if the trade made sense. This was a very deep draft and picks matter. Especially when you are rebuilding.

don't forget the fact that besides the QB project taken at #2 overall, 3 of the other 4 picks are small school projects... the 4th player coming from a real program yet that player is coming off serious injury.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I have no idea to this day what Ryan Pace was doing in that draft. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I’d like to think he was doing something so befuddling, it can’t expressed in words, and it makes your head ache because of it. I tell you, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's draft stock soared higher and farther than anybody in a great place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little message board and made our Cubs/Sox threads dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last QB in the draft felt free.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 am 
100000 CLUB

Mr. Fox, do you trust your GM?

Oh, that's funny. You're gonna look funnier suckin' my dick with no teeth!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Very true.

There are 2 different ideas when having a high draft pick.

1. Impact player-Should be an elite player or a game changer
2. Acquire more picks to fill more holes

Bears did not do either of these. They have 0 talent on Offense, and I mean that as an impact player. Long is above avg, and that RB we have not seen enough of.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bears just signed a FA named Boggs.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/02/nfl-chicago-bears-mitchell-trubisky-2017-nfl-draft
Quote:
Sources say the Bears preferred (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky over Watson or Texas Tech’s Pat Mahomes because they felt his skillset best fits Loggain’s offense—and because he is poised to get on the field sooner. But that comes with a caveat: ideally, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky won’t take a regular-season snap in 2017—even as pressure mounts in Chicago to win.

Loggains sucks. Why draft any player specifically for a guy who'll be fired at the week 9 bye?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

I am not going to sing the praises of a little Dowell Loggains, but I will say that he hasn't had a whole hellava lot to work with now has he?

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do with Brees, Gronk, Sproles, and Howard.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am 

Yeah I dont think anyone really knows what kind of coach he is.

I don't buy the storyline that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wont see any snaps in 2017. They have no idea what will happen. Just trying to set low expectations. But I would say it is a way better bet that he will see snaps this season.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
RFDC wrote:
Yeah I dont think anyone really knows what kind of coach he is.

I don't buy the storyline that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky wont see any snaps in 2017. They have no idea what will happen. Just trying to set low expectations. But I would say it is a way better bet that he will see snaps this season.

I'm looking forward to both Glennon and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky to show signs of potential and watching the Bears trade away the wrong one for pennies on the dollar.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bill Polian just said on Waddle and Silvy that he gives the Bears an A+++++ for making the move to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bill Polian just said on Waddle and Silvy that he gives the Bears an A+++++ for making the move to get (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

WTF does Bill Polian know?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Did he expand on that? Does he say that because he is convinced (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be a great QB or did he say that because Pace did whatever he needed to make sure he got the guy he wanted?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:48 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

WTF does Bill Polian know?

He's a Hall of Fame GM but I have been less than impressed with him when he's been on with W&S. He sounds much different than I expected and has some...inneresting opinions that I get the feeling often leave W&S scratching their heads.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Did he expand on that? Does he say that because he is convinced (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will be a great QB or did he say that because Pace did whatever he needed to make sure he got the guy he wanted?

I think it was about 75% the latter and 25% the former.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
W&S also had a tape of Peter King interview this afternoon. He said he was in the 49ers war room and no way Pace got clowned. 49ers also had zero idea who the Bears would take after the trade was agreed to.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
W&S also had a tape of Peter King interview this afternoon. He said he was in the 49ers war room and no way Pace got clowned. 49ers also had zero idea who the Bears would take after the trade was agreed to.

That's not evidence of not​ being clowned though. Everyone knew the SF didn't want a QB.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:55 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

That's not evidence of not​ being clowned though. Everyone knew the SF didn't want a QB.

King's point was there was at least a reasonable idea that Cleveland or even Reid in KC were going to sweep in for Trubinsky.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 pm 

Polian also added in about the draft point value system. The last time someone moved from 3 to 2 for a QB was SD for Leaf. That trade took 1630 value points in the package. The Bears only used one third of that.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next