It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I'd like to think the last thing that went thru Ryan Pace's head (other than the bullet) was how in the hell did John Lynch get the better of him.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I'd like to think the last thing that went thru Ryan Pace's head (other than the bullet) was how in the hell did John Lynch get the better of him.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Sometimes it makes me sad, though... Cutler being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss making fun of Cutler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
Dan Wiederer‏
@danwiederer

Notable: Asked about being a HC handling a face-of-franchise rookie QB, John Fox said he's talked to his friend Jeff Fisher about it.

This should put Bears fans minds at ease.

That's some 7-9 bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
Dan Wiederer‏
@danwiederer

Notable: Asked about being a HC handling a face-of-franchise rookie QB, John Fox said he's talked to his friend Jeff Fisher about it.

"THAT'S SOME 7-9 BULLSHIT!"

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Yeah...how many concussions did Lynch receive over his career?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Tad Queasy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Quote:
Dan Wiederer‏
@danwiederer

"THAT'S SOME 7-9 BULLSHIT!"

This time with feeling.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I believe in two things: confusion and lies. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in your agent; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Halas.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How can you be so obtuse?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Sometimes it makes me sad, though... Cutler being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss making fun of Cutler.

Not a day goes by that I don't feel regret...not because I drafted a majority of DII players or because Peter King thinks I should. I look back on myself the way I was, a stupid GM who had that terrible draft... wish I could talk some sense into him. Tell him to draft Watson, but I can't. That kid's long gone and in the HOF, this old man is all that's left.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:07 pm 

Lord, it's a miracle! Our picks up and vanished like a fart in the wind!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:08 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
I believe in two things: confusion and lies. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in your agent; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Halas.

The first year's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in no better than the day you were drafted, skin burning and half crazy from being drafted by the Bears, and when they put you in that training camp... and the ink dries on that contract... that's when you know it's for real. A whole career blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 pm 

Believe what you want but these bad picks are funny. First you hate em, then you get used to em. After long enough you get so you depend on em.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Believe what you want but these bad picks are funny. First you hate em, then you get used to em. After long enough you get so you depend on em.

It's sad but there's truth in this.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

It's sad but there's truth in this.

Yeah, as I was typing it I realized it was no longer a parody quote. It was a real quote. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Packer fan can feel. A Packer fan at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky becomes a starter this year. I hope to see my friend leash and laugh at him. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is every bit as terrible as he has been in my dreams. I hope.

To rock my soul

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
What we have here is failure to communicate, Ryan Pace!

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a Packer fan can feel. A Packer fan at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky becomes a starter this year. I hope to see my friend leash and laugh at him. I hope (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is every bit as terrible as he has been in my dreams. I hope.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You know what Bears fans say about the Packers? They say they only have HOF QBs. That's where I want to watch football the rest of my life. A frozen tundra with no bad QBs.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

You know what Bears fans say about the Packers? They say they only have HOF QBs. That's where I want to watch football the rest of my life. A frozen tundra with no bad QBs.

This is the thread of the year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 pm 

I could see why some of the fans took him for shitty. He had a quiet way about him, making trades and draft picks that just wasn't normal around here. He smiled, like a dipshit in a dream without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from the fans and the media. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say... I liked Ryan Pace from the start.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Bears just signed a FA named Boggs. You may continue with the Shawshank quotes, now.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:35 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bears just signed a FA named Boggs. You may continue with the Shawshank quotes, now.

I don't suppose it would help if we told him we're not good at football.

Neither is he. You have to be JuCo first. He doesn't qualify.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Ryan Pace: John E Fox, your files say you've served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?
Fox: Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
Ryan Pace: Well, it means that you're ready to be fired as coach of the Chiacgo Bears...
Fox: I know what you think it means, sonny. To me, it's just a made up word. A GM's word, so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
Ryan Pace: Well, are you?
Fox: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a senile, stupid old man who signed a terrible contract. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That old man's long gone, and this much older man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
:lol: FF and Hank S. doing some all-time work!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 pm 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Ryan Pace: John E Fox, your files say you've served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?
Fox: Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
Ryan Pace: Well, it means that you're ready to be fired as coach of the Chiacgo Bears...
Fox: I know what you think it means, sonny. To me, it's just a made up word. A GM's word, so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
Fox: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a senile, stupid old man who signed a terrible contract. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That old man's long gone, and this much older man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
TurdFerguson wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's the bottom line. This trade was stupid but he still might have a HOF QB. He just took a shot in the dark. He had to do it at some point or he would have been fired anyway. Every GM has to try for that stud QB at some point. This is year 3 for Pace. Clock is ticking on him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next