It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCaskey Draft
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
We're blaming Ryan Pace, but it seems George McCaskey is actually the one we should be pointing the finger at for going Jerry Jones in this draft. If the reports are true, he and Pace decided a month ago to target (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky and kept this to themselves. My guess is that after Cutler was cut, George wanted to please the fan-base by taking the next franchise quarterback, whatever the cost. But what they didn't expect was the backlash over taking another project, when after three years of supposed rebuilding fans were expecting the Bears to have more urgency in taking players who could contribute day one. Plus, they had already signed Glennon to a three year deal. What a terrible miscalculation! Even if Pace didn't think it was a good idea, what was he supposed to do, bite the hand that feeds him? He had no choice but to go along with what George wanted. While I don't agree with the Bears taking the guy they had conviction for, when you shouldn't be attached to any one player because of the risk of overpaying, which the Bears had already been guilty of with Cutler in surrendering two first-rounders, I do excuse Pace somewhat for the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick, because I think it was ultimately George's pick. But personnel decisions is not something he should have been involved with at all.

Post subject: Re: McCaskey Draft
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
I might have this totally wrong but I swear I heard part of an interview with Pace this weekend in which he said that on their draft board, they had a Bears helmet next to guys they considered to fit the Bears requirements character-wise (!). He then insinuated that there were only 20 guys in the entire draft that they considered draftable. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:15 pm 

DannyB wrote:
I might have this totally wrong but I swear I heard part of an interview with Pace this weekend in which he said that on their draft board, they had a Bears helmet next to guys they considered to fit the Bears requirements character-wise (!). He then insinuated that there were only 20 guys in the entire draft that they considered draftable. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

Character is important to the Bears, as long as it does not apply to their signing of a certain free agency QB from Tampa.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:16 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
DannyB wrote:

Character is important to the Bears, as long as it does not apply to their signing of a certain free agency QB from Tampa.

What character issues does Glennon have?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
DannyB wrote:

None. It's Pace I'm talking about backstabbing Glennon. And I'm not even talking about what he did to Fox.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
RFDC wrote:

He's ugly.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:22 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
DannyB wrote:

None. It's Pace I'm talking about backstabbing Glennon. And I'm not even talking about what he did to Fox.

ok my bad, I didnt understand what you were saying.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
George may not have the kind of highfalutin football background that actual executives tend to possess, but he does have one thing that more than makes up for that: the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In all seriousness though, I will blame Pace even if this was a George-directed decision because he's also looking out for his own ass. As the Deadspin article suggests:
Quote:
The second justification for tying your team to a young QB is job security. Ryan Pace, the youngest GM in the NFL, has overseen a bad team for two bad seasons, without much in the way of immediate promise. But by tying his fortunes to a quarterback, who will inevitable be given time to develop, he’s probably guaranteed himself another four years before the verdict is in on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky—and on this huge draft-day trade.

While I don't think Pace gets anywhere close to 4 years, I do think he gets at least one more after a repeat of last season simply because of the "promise" of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:42 pm 

I dont feel like the Bears backstabbed Glennon. He is getting a ton of money and he will have every opportunity to show he is a better QB than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. If he shows that then he will be around awhile. If he does not show that then he will hit the road. So while he may not be happy about the draft, his future still is in his own hands. What more could a backup QB in the league want?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I dont feel like the Bears backstabbed Glennon. He is getting a ton of money and he will have every opportunity to show he is a better QB than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. If he shows that then he will be around awhile. If he does not show that then he will hit the road. So while he may not be happy about the draft, his future still is in his own hands. What more could a backup QB in the league want?

You're delusional, RFDC, if you don't think the Bears told Glennon that he was their guy. How is that not backstabbing after telling him this and then drafting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? I understand this is the business of the NFL, but the Bears could not have been forthcoming with Glennon when they were making secret plans to draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

While this alone looks bad, it may impact future free agency signings, because of players thinking they cannot believe or trust the Bears. Not good when you're trying to rebuild an organization and you need other teams' players.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:01 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:

You're delusional, RFDC, if you don't think the Bears told Glennon that he was their guy. How is that not backstabbing after telling him this and then drafting (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? I understand this is the business of the NFL, but the Bears could not have been forthcoming with Glennon when they were making secret plans to draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

While this alone looks bad, it may impact future free agency signings, because of players thinking they cannot believe or trust the Bears. Not good when you're trying to rebuild an organization and you need other teams' players.

Correct, this is a business. They did not need to be forthcoming about anything. The guy is a back up QB. They gave him a ton of money.

This will not impact any free agent signings. Every team in the league acts in a similar manner that is directed by what is best for them, not what is best for the player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Dignified Rube wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Not to mention they ask Glennon to go to the draft party only to make him look like an ass with the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky pick.

Typical Bears:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's ugly.

And so is his dog!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's ugly.

Glennon reminds me of Marinovich. Just hope he doesn't play like him.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:27 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He's ugly.

And so is his dog!

And his wife looks like Gordon Hayward's sister.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
If the Bears were a high-character organization they should have told the league in advance that they intended to draft (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky instead of trying to deliberately mislead everyone.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY