It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The problem wasn't firing Lovie. The first problem was firing Angelo and not allowing any prospective GM to hire their own coach right off the bat, thereby leaving the Bears stuck with a pool of undesirable candidates and ultimately Emery. And the second problem was the next season after the Bears did fire Lovie, they had the best head coaching job in the league and ended up choosing a CFL coach who no other team besides Cleveland was even considering. Don't forget how the Arians deal fell through because the Bears wanted him to keep Lovie's staff, he didn't want to, and then Lovie's staff left anyway.

I thought Smith got a bit of bad rap from fans during his tenure, but it was time for him to go and it would be a mistake to focus on his departure instead of the series of far greater missteps since that time. Saying it was wrong to fire him is only slightly less silly than saying the Titans should have never fired Jeff Fisher just because they haven't made the playoffs since.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I liked Lovie and defended him on here numerous times but the one thing that bothered me is every time they showed him during the game,he never seemed to be doing anything. No talking to the players,no talking in his headset,no looking down at a playcard,nothing. Anyone else get that impression of him?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:58 am 

The Grossman/Orton era was really good. He was yet another person sunk by Cutler both in Denver and Chicago. I have no doubt a bunch of Fox executives will be fired soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
312player wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The problem with 312 and many others' arguments is that they're completely inconsistent regarding coaches. If 312 liked Lovie, he'd say he was a great coach who won a lot with no offense.

But he doesn't like him, so he was a bad coach who was carried by a great defense.

Horrible take, just awful... I don't like belechick but he's a great coach.

Lovie would be the better spoken word artist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
I liked Lovie and defended him on here numerous times but the one thing that bothered me is every time they showed him during the game,he never seemed to be doing anything. No talking to the players,no talking in his headset,no looking down at a playcard,nothing. Anyone else get that impression of him?

It doesn't mean anything.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
jimmypasta wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
312player wrote:
The guy is a. 500 coach in the NFL
I'll take your changing of the argument to this from "never won shit here" as an apology.

Also, Lovie is 2 games over break even in his NFL career so he has a winning NFL record overall despite a dreadful year in Tampa. And again, that was his first year taking over a terrible team.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
The guy is a. 500 coach in the NFL
I'll take your changing of the argument to this from "never won shit here" as an apology.

Also, Lovie is 2 games over break even in his NFL career so he has a winning NFL record overall despite a dreadful year in Tampa. And again, that was his first year taking over a terrible team.

I guess you have low expectations, I've said it many times, he never won dick, he's like Fischer.. Never won a damn thing and Fischer is 8 games over. 500..he sucks too.